User Controls

Space questions.

What if the light from other stars/galaxies gets here sooner than millions of lightyears because theres no matter in between to go through
    http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/nasa-s-says-indian-scientist-s-theory-is-correct-black-holes-don-t-really-exist-247757.html
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    What if the speed of light is actually slowing?
    Albert Einstein was smart at maths.

And he made formulas that are mathematically sound and can be proven to have good maths.

You can't prove black holes or the speed of light or the mass of a photon.
    I mean...who knows. The black holes etc are so far away maybe its some kind of illusion.
    maybe we can see more thsn they want you to know/
    The telescopes that detect things like black holes and super novas are RADIO ANTENNAS.

They detect a radio frequency and decide it is something they can't prove exists. They are not things you can see with an optical telescope.

And that radio frequency could be from anything. Fuck, your tennis shoes emit radio waves/radiation that can be detected with sensitive instruments.

You can still take pictures of them though
    No you can't. You can do an artists rendition.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Is the moon really made of cheese?
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    Originally posted by mmQ Is the moon really made of cheese?

Actually, it's made of swiss cheese. That's why it has craters.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    littleasianlady/arkham knight is giving me brain cancer
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by littleasianlady The telescopes that detect things like black holes and super novas are RADIO ANTENNAS.

They detect a radio frequency and decide it is something they can't prove exists. They are not things you can see with an optical telescope.

Uhhh, except we can. Gravitational lensing is a visually observable phenomenon.
    cerakote African Astronaut
    if u look closely at the stars u may notice that some of them bear a rough resemblance to a shape that almost is a triangle

luminardee
    Originally posted by Lanny Uhhh, except we can. Gravitational lensing is a visually observable phenomenon.

Yeah so are heat waves causing visual disturbances and the bending of light.

You can't see them.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by littleasianlady Yeah so are heat waves causing visual disturbances and the bending of light.

You can't see them.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that but ok, let's say you can't "see" heat haze (although clearly we can perceive it, so I'm not sure what you'd call observing it visually other than "seeing"). Does this lead you to the conclusion that it's impossible to prove the existence of heat?
    Originally posted by littleasianlady No you can't. You can do an artists rendition.

There actually exists pictures though.
    Originally posted by Lanny I'm not sure I'd agree with that but ok, let's say you can't "see" heat haze (although clearly we can perceive it, so I'm not sure what you'd call observing it visually other than "seeing"). Does this lead you to the conclusion that it's impossible to prove the existence of heat?

You can measure temperature just by feeling it with your skin. It's not a theory. Temperature is proven to exist.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Oh ye of little science.
    Astronauts have said space has a very distinct smell and sound.
Jump to Top