User Controls

Do you believe in fate?

livingelegy motherfucker [my polyoicous forward graciousness]
    Fate, destiny, God's plan... Whatever you want to call it. Or in the words of Max Payne "have our choices been made for us because of who we are?" I believe in fate. Our nature is what determines our thoughts, which ultimately become our words and actions. There really is no "choice" involved in life, only the illusion of choice, since whenever you make what you think is a choice in life your decision is influenced by who you are, your preconceived notions and thoughts etc. I'd love to debate another viewpoint on this. Do you believe in free will?
    Xlite African Astronaut
    We got the same amount of free will as a rat in a maze. We can choose which way we're going, but we can't chose the maze.
    Also, every perceivable future event is already written. Which of the futures you end up with is up to you.

Having free will in a system that's pre-written might seem paradoxical but we do possess it, to some extent anyway.
    The other argument is that we're a product of the system and therefore every action we make is predetermined.

It doesn't really matter though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    string theory bruh. everything that can happen will happen and has already happened just on different planes of existence and whatever choices you make determines the "string" you follow, for every choice is a different path, but remember even though you chose one path there an uncountable amount of other paths occurring at the exact same instance you made your decision. all are real and all our bound by the "rules" set in this saturn-moon matrix that has been active since saturn burned out. we are not alone brethren
    Robert Mugabe African Astronaut
    Fate is a crock of shit, as if 3+ million jedis walked into a gas chamber and were MEANT to take that shower. You are telling me that was God's plan?

If that's the case then that MEANS God was using Hitler as a neccessary tool to avenge Jesus and lower the Goldstein count.

St. Michael: "Sir I have the annual Earth consensus you asked for, there appears to be an increase in the number of Torah lovers and they're amassing power at an unprecedented rate."

God: "Whoa Mickey boy what did you just say? Time to create an Anti Christ and get those numbers down. Another World War should excuse that"
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    I'm a run of the mill hard determinist, so yea i guess if u wanna frame it using fate or destiny then thats cool.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could command this mountain to move from here to there, and it would move from here to there." ~ Jesus

This statement alone goes to prove that we, each one of us, have the ability to move the world, if we have true and genuine faith. Fate does not exist. It's all up to you. You could go both ways. You have been given the free will to make that choice. Only you alone can make that choice, no one else.
    livingelegy motherfucker [my polyoicous forward graciousness]
    Those fucking kikes had it coming.
    The Biblical passage about mustard seeds doesn't necessarily postulate free will. Maybe some people are just born with more faith than others.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    probably, doesn't mean we shouldn't thrash against it anyway
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    The mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds.
Jump to Top