User Controls

CS:GO

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Just picked it up last weekend because it was on sale and a coworker plays. I haven't really played a competitive shooter since the tribes sequel and even that wasn't very serious, before that it was 1.6 when I was like 11. Booted it up on thursday or friday and jumped into a casual match, managed to keep a positive KDR but with effort and I feel like the competition was pretty weak. Loaded up the aim trainer map and have been working on that. I feel kind of stupid "training" for a videogame but it is a lot more fun when you can roll into a deathmatch or casual game and do well. No ability to control spray patterns yet but at least I can reliably score a headshot although I'm still pretty slow.

Anyone else play? Anyone any good?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Never really played CS, as far as my shooters go i liked Halo and Destiny.
    cerakote African Astronaut
    I play CSGO. I have like 1400-1500 hours across the 3 accounts I have/had. The highest rank I ever got was MGE in winter 2015, currently at GN2. I played a bit of CSS, but pretty much only on jailbreak servers before I played the game normally. I like CS as a "strategic" FPS game but I get tired of the 14 year olds, shitters, trolls, and skin faggots who ruin the competitive matchmaking experience. That was actually the reason I stopped playing last year, but I played a good bit recently. I'm pretty decent at the game, so if you want to add me on Steam and play sometime, feel free
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I tend to get bored and not want to play anymore after an hour or so

people tend to take that game a lot more seriously than I do
    cerakote African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra I tend to get bored and not want to play anymore after an hour or so

people tend to take that game a lot more seriously than I do

That's what competitive is for. If you don't want to be a tryhard, play casual and have the courtesy for people like myself to get all sweaty and butthurt in the designated area
    it looks fun
    I play. I'm on an ESEA Main team with some friends. Competitive is okay to start. Make sure you enable the Dev console from the options menu, then put in

Bindtoggle [key] "voice_enable"

Replace [key] with whatever key you want. This is important because it shuts your teammates the fuck up, then you can reenable it whenever you feel like it.

CS is all about the fundamentals. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them and help you out.
    The single most important skill in CS is cross hair spray control btw. The easiest way to practice this is

> Play

> Play offline with bots

> Pick a map (I like Dust2 for this)

> No bots

> Open console (~ tilde key by default) and type the following:

- mp_roundtime_defuse 60

- sv_cheats 1

- sv_infinite_ammo 2

Then buy a rifle, unload a magazine into the wall without moving your mouse as a reference, and try to unload into a wall and control the first 5-6 bullets. Stop spraying after that, there's no point in learning extended spray at a lower level. It takes maybe 10 minutes to build up a rudimentary muscle memory for spray. This alone will dramatically improve your play because if you miss headshots or aren't fast enough, you can aim for the belly, spray, and get easy kills vs nubs.

Originally posted by cerakote I have like 1400-1500 hours across the 3 accounts I have/had. The highest rank I ever got was MGE in winter 2015, currently at GN2.

Serious question, do you have cerebral palsy? I literally can't go lower than Nova 3 while trying to lose and derank (without making it obvious and getting Overwatch Banned for griefing).
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    LOL.
    I mean seriously, nothing wrong with being low rank but after 1500 hours... Fuck me, you've got to be doing something horribly wrong.
    Also don't play deathmatch like an actual game mode, DM is for aim training. And to that end, don't play the official Valve DM, it's horrible. Use the server browser to enhancement for deathmatch community servers, and use it as aim practice.
    I play on gun game servers. Well I used to anyways before school started again
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    R6:S > CS:GO
    Originally posted by snab_snib R6:S > CS:GO

Up till now I only believed you were retarded.

But now that belief has turned into knowledge.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    I think valve really just want to make a stock exchange game but are too afraid nobody will buy it so build it around a multiplayer shooter, hats and skins ruined these games.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Hats and skins are pretty shit but at least they're purely cosmetic. You can ignore them for the most part. The gambling sites and stuff are just wierd but then again, you can just not participate.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Up till now I only believed you were retarded.

But now that belief has turned into knowledge.

because i like rainbow six better than counterstrike.

and you expect to be taken seriously?
    I like reading about people who are seriously into a game but I never really get into them at that level of play. I think I could if I wanted to but I just get bored and burnt out playing one thing all the time.
    Originally posted by snab_snib because i like rainbow six better than counterstrike.

and you expect to be taken seriously?

It is a well documented scientific fact that only people with Down's Syndrome like Rainbow Six better than Counter Strike.
Jump to Top