User Controls

EVERY FUCKING DAY this fucking asshole yells at me

Donald Trump Black Hole

Hey fuck you too!
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    what a rude unhappy faggot
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    >Latinx women

My nigga, the whole point of "latinx" is that it's not gendered... "latinx women" is kinda defeating the purpose. If they're women, the word is latina. Latinx women kind of implies that you're including "latino women" and that's... I mean that's probably transphobic right? That's exactly the kind of situation latinx was invented to avoid. Also you're a white, probably jedi, English speaking New Yorker, stop fucking with perfectly good Spanish.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by Meikai >Latinx women

My nigga, the whole point of "latinx" is that it's not gendered… "latinx women" is kinda defeating the purpose. If they're women, the word is latina. Latinx women kind of implies that you're including "latino women" and that's… I mean that's probably transphobic right? That's exactly the kind of situation latinx was invented to avoid. Also you're a white, probably jedi, English speaking New Yorker, stop fucking with perfectly good Spanish.

I'd like to offer you a job standing outside Trump Tower as a counter-heckler.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!

My nigga, the whole point of "latinx" is that it's not gendered… "latinx women" is kinda defeating the purpose. If they're women, the word is latina. Latinx women kind of implies that you're including "latino women" and that's… I mean that's probably transphobic right? That's exactly the kind of situation latinx was invented to avoid. Also you're a white, probably jedi, English speaking New Yorker, stop fucking with perfectly good Spanish.

Using "women" would also be defeating the purpose.

Wetback is a genderless term.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Iced coffee is for kids and faggots
    Technologist victim of incest

I saw Eva Longoria referring to Latino women as Latinx. I don’t think it’s too offensive to them, if she uses that rhetoric.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Technologist I saw Eva Longoria referring to Latino women as Latinx. I don’t think it’s too offensive to them, if she uses that rhetoric.

See the thing is, "latino women" is 'problematic' because -o is male. While latino generally refers to a male, you would also use the male version to refer to a mixed gender group. The logic behind "latinx" is that this is bad because it's sexist I guess, and also the wrong gender for mtf trans and non-binary people. In the context of "latinx women", this seems silly because the "inclusiveness" of it seems to imply "latina and latino and non-binary women", as in "female and male and non-binary women". Which just circles back to the gendering issue that the word is intended to circumvent - in the eyes of the woke "non-binary women" are non-binary, not women; "male women" are women so latina should cover them.

I'm sure that's not the intention, but it's absolute linguistic fuckery either way.
    Ghost Black Hole
    ice coffee is fucking dank
    Originally posted by Ghost ice coffee is fucking dank

The starbucks shit in a bottle is also 100001% sugar.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson The starbucks shit in a bottle is also 100001% sugar.

Yeah I have tried it, I don't like. It tastes like shit and doesn't even have that much caffeine, same deal with the monster java beverages, they are way too sweet and some of them are straight up chocolate flavored.

I am all for a sugar rush but I need caffeine FIRST sugar comes second
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Like... even disregarding how its use in this context potentially outright contradicts its intended purpose, "latinx people" is the only context in which it even makes sense to use "latinx". There's already words for latinx men and latinx women, Spanish has us covered.
Jump to Top