User Controls

The National Anthem of the United States is outdated and should be changed to reflect the changing face of America

rabbitweed African Astronaut
    The star spangled banner was written in 1814, and is in dire need of replacement.

At the time the star spangled-banner was written, the United States was a federal nation with limited government, dominated by white anglo saxons, and run in accordance with a constitution. This is in stark contrast to 2020 where the United States is a mostly unitary nation, with a huge government, an ignored constitution, and a vainishing white population being rapidly replaced by people from all 4 corners of the globe, but mainly central america and mainly not europe.

The America of 1814 has no resemblance to the America of 2020. Get rid of this racist trumpist kkkist conspiracy theorist warmongering transphobic pedophobic hate song, because human rights aren't up for debate.
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Oh look Rabbi is currently occupied with thoughts of America
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    livingelegy motherfucker [my polyoicous forward graciousness]
    We should replace the Star Spangled Banner with Any Way You Want It (That's the Way I Need It) can you name a more quintessentially American song?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    It's only a matter of time. I'm writing down the names of everyone here who will soon be on the wrong side of history. Fascists.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong

I think this song sets a much better tone for the new millennium than anything else that could be suggested.

I was going to post some kind of America-loli drawing at this point but cunnyposting won't be normalized in our society for another 5 years (first year of Biden's second term).
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by rabbitweed It's only a matter of time. I'm writing down the names of everyone here who will soon be on the wrong side of history. Fascists.

My gosh that’s scary😱
    Originally posted by Meikai first year of Biden's second term

The great thing about trans acceptance is it opens up the doors to all kind of absurdities using the exact same logic.

"Yes he may be dead but he identifies as living, don't mis-status him bigot"
    livingelegy motherfucker [my polyoicous forward graciousness]
    The big loser of this year's election should claim they identify as POTUS-kin and sue for the right to occupy the oval office and rule the country on the basis of human rights
    Donald Trump Black Hole

Maybe this song. I have a cameo in it.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    of all inspirations for song, loyalty for your nation is perhaps the worst

Originally posted by Zanick of all inspirations for song, loyalty for your nation is perhaps the worst

IKR, the only loyalties I have are to cinematic universes and apple
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by rabbitweed IKR, the only loyalties I have are to cinematic universes and apple

Loyalty to humanity and love for your fellow man have always made for better anthems. It's the reason we as a culture ring in every New Year with "Imagine" instead of this shit:
    Originally posted by Meikai Loyalty to humanity and love for your fellow man have always made for better anthems. It's the reason we as a culture ring in every New Year with "Imagine" instead of this shit:

We bring in the New Years with Auld Lang Syne, not imagine.

Though I guess modern fags probably do blast out John Lennon these days. God that's depressing.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by rabbitweed Though I guess modern fags probably do blast out John Lennon these days. God that's depressing.

Originally posted by Meikai

I can't believe you prefer that to Auld Lang Syne. No wonder you cut your testicles off.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by rabbitweed I can't believe you prefer that to Auld Lang Syne. No wonder you cut your testicles off.

I actually put on Auld Lang Syne when you mentioned it, and the pipes brought a tear to me eye (as they are wont to do - truly baleful instruments).

Doesn't change the facts.

For the longest time I thought that the usa anthem started with the words "jose can you see".

Isn't it fucked up though how the democrats favor immigration simply because most immigrants vote democrat?
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian For the longest time I thought that the usa anthem started with the words "jose can you see".

Isn't it fucked up though how the democrats favor immigration simply because most immigrants vote democrat?

I used to think the Canadian nation anthem said "the true Lord strong and free" and not "the true North strong and free". I wasn't even raised religious. Glad I shook both the religion and the patriotism to become a transgender heretic. 🥴

smh
    Originally posted by Meikai I actually put on Auld Lang Syne when you mentioned it, and the pipes brought a tear to me eye (as they are wont to do - truly baleful instruments).

Doesn't change the facts.

My only crumb of comfort is that every dark age ends in a renaissance.

Of course by the time that happens I'd have died auld lang syne.
Jump to Top