User Controls

More nurses have now died from COVID-19 than nurses that died during WWI

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-nurse-death-world-war-one-ww1-b1448185.html

This is an international count. 1,500 nurses, many young and healthy, but dead due to the intense viral load they've been exposed to.

Trick or treat, I guess.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Where can we view the positive test results?
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Where can we view the positive test results?

Its public access.
    Bugz Space Nigga

fuck Spec. ITS FUCKING REAL
    WellHung Black Hole

You have never dealt well with authority, Speckles. You came out of the womb, a rebel.
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by WellHung You have never dealt well with authority, Speckles. You came out of the womb deprived of oxygen.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Bugz fuck Spec. ITS FUCKING REAL

Sooo... I'm supposed to just to take your, or somebody else's, word for it? That's not the way it works.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly allowed lard-ass lanny the luxury of lapping the loins-leviathan while the little lad larps as a laotian ladyboy lapdancer---.-.-.---------------.----.----------.-.-.-.----.----------------------.-.---.----.--------------4--(b­anned) fake news. those numbers are artificially created and are not accurate.

just like every time the media touts an article 'healthy 20-something dies from super-death-kill disease!!1!!1!'

literally every one ive researched into actual medical reporting has literal underlying conditions that killed the person, mainly preexisting heart conditions.

this whole thing is literal fear mongering.

Tell that shit to Trump, the guy who admits it's real and says there would be 2,000,000 U.S. deaths if Biden had been in charge.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly allowed lard-ass lanny the luxury of lapping the loins-leviathan while the little lad larps as a laotian ladyboy lapdancer---.-.-.---------------.----.----------.-.-.-.----.----------------------.-.---.----.--------------4--(b­anned) fake news. those numbers are artificially created and are not accurate.

just like every time the media touts an article 'healthy 20-something dies from super-death-kill disease!!1!!1!'

literally every one ive researched into actual medical reporting has literal underlying conditions that killed the person, mainly preexisting heart conditions.

this whole thing is literal fear mongering.

These fucking idiots want us to surrender to chyna. WTF?
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Go figure that a pandemic kills more nurses than war. Almost like nurses are on the front line in only one of those situations, and it's pretty fucking stupid to compare the two.

If the opposite were true, it'd be interesting. As it is, it's just... common sense.
    Originally posted by mmQ Tell that shit to Trump, the guy who admits it's real and says there would be 2,000,000 U.S. deaths if Biden had been in charge.

I love how Republicans just gloss over this. Like wtf? This is worse than any prediction done by scientists lol. Trump drops that and just ??? Nothing? Still fake? Okay. Guess we're at war with East Asia now, and always have been. Cool.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Meikai Go figure that a pandemic kills more nurses than war. Almost like nurses are on the front line in only one of those situations, and it's pretty fucking stupid to compare the two.

If the opposite were true, it'd be interesting. As it is, it's just… common sense.

I think those seemingly obscure comparisons are probably made more for perspective's sake. Like when they say, the death rate so far is like if there was a 9/11 every single day in a row for 6 months. Obv there isn't a direct comparison in that they're two totally different ficking things, but its more to suggest, if you make a single date in history so fucking important and such a tragic event, why dont you find it mindnlowingly more tragic when it in, in effect, has happened 50fold in less than a year.

But also yes I get it. They're still clearly two entirely different things with entirely different circumstances that have literally nothing to do with one another. It's just my guess as to why people make those comparisons.
    Originally posted by mmQ I think those seemingly obscure comparisons are probably made more for perspective's sake. Like when they say, the death rate so far is like if there was a 9/11 every single day in a row for 6 months. Obv there isn't a direct comparison in that they're two totally different ficking things, but its more to suggest, if you make a single date in history so fucking important and such a tragic event, why dont you find it mindnlowingly more tragic when it in, in effect, has happened 50fold in less than a year.

But also yes I get it. They're still clearly two entirely different things with entirely different circumstances that have literally nothing to do with one another. It's just my guess as to why people make those comparisons.

It's not supposed to be a direct comparison. It's just a measurement of the gravity of the situation. Like damn, 50 elephants is taller than the Sears tower? I never knew that!

What's the practical application of this? Absolutely nothing. But if we all just shut the fuck up we might get through this thing.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace It's not supposed to be a direct comparison. It's just a measurement of the gravity of the situation. Like damn, 50 elephants is taller than the Sears tower? I never knew that!

What's the practical application of this? Absolutely nothing. But if we all just shut the fuck up we might get through this thing.

Point is, it's a shit measurement for the gravity of the situation. 1500 nurses died worldwide. 50 elephants is taller than the Sears tower? Elephants are the largest living land mammal. The Sears tower is a large building. When people think of WWII, they aren't thinking of nurse casualties. Probably because less than 1500 died. It's a completely meaningless metric. It's like comparing the Sears tower to amoeba instead of elephants.

If more soldiers died to COVID than in WWII? Sure. Nurses? Fuck off. It's medical professionals tugging their own dicks by associating themselves with the latent heroism and awe people have for WWII vets and nothing more.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Actually it's worse than comparing the Sears tower to amoeba, because amoeba are incredibly small. Which makes it a relevant comparison by the inverse. It's more like comparing the Sears tower to a stack of Sony Walkman devices and limes. Utterly and incomprehensibly pointless.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by Meikai If more soldiers died to COVID than in WWII? Sure. Nurses? Fuck off. It's medical professionals tugging their own dicks by associating themselves with the latent heroism and awe people have for WWII vets and nothing more.

I don’t feel that way at all. Someone thanked me once for helping the community. I just said your welcome, but felt odd. This IS what I signed up for years ago. Wish I had a dick to jerk, and could be a hero, but I’m not. Just a medical worker.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Technologist I don’t feel that way at all. Someone thanked me once for helping the community. I just said your welcome, but felt odd. This IS what I signed up for years ago. Wish I had a dick to jerk, and could be a hero, but I’m not. Just a medical worker.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I don't mean all of you. And you actually are sacrifical heros in your own way (and don't tell me you're not). Just saying WWII sacrificial heroism was not the domain of its nurses (who were also heroes in their own way, it just had nothing to do with them dying).
    Originally posted by Meikai Point is, it's a shit measurement for the gravity of the situation. 1500 nurses died worldwide. 50 elephants is taller than the Sears tower? Elephants are the largest living land mammal. The Sears tower is a large building. When people think of WWII, they aren't thinking of nurse casualties. Probably because less than 1500 died. It's a completely meaningless metric. It's like comparing the Sears tower to amoeba instead of elephants.

If more soldiers died to COVID than in WWII? Sure. Nurses? Fuck off. It's medical professionals tugging their own dicks by associating themselves with the latent heroism and awe people have for WWII vets and nothing more.

There's no way I'm reading this. Sorry.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace There's no way I'm reading this. Sorry.

I understand, 3 sentences would be quite the feat for you.
    Originally posted by Meikai I understand, 3 sentences would be quite the feat for you.

Right, and I'm not about to go working up a sweat before I've had my evening meal. Now if you'd kindly fuck off?
Jump to Top