User Controls

Ever wonder how much reoccuring commercial actors make?

Bugz Space Nigga
    Most well known Stephanie Courtney is said to make about 800k a year for Progressive Insurance. But she is a union SAG-Aftra card holder.

The Minimum Card holder makes 69 dollars an hour. (For noobies)

Next most well known (For his voiceover) is British actor Jake Wood (Geico). he only made about 3 million for all of his commercial time. which was one of the longest runs. yet they actually wanted to give him a major pay cut to continue on that he rejected (most likely tactic the studio wanted to use. bits get old over time?)

Dennis Haysbert for Allstate (The deep voice guy) 'Demands' 2-3 Million a year for his commercial time. and he probably has made half of what the most well known commercial star (Courtney I mentioned already) does. but he's a famous actor and voiceover.

Justin Guarini (The prince'esque guy Dr Pepper commercial) gets 250k on average a year. I think he made like 4 commercials (used but perhaps dozens were made and not chosen). but he's a noobie

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS Brandon Moynihan (Hotels.com)
    180k a year on average for his spots.

LOL this guy. I love his character.
    Dean Winters "Mr Mayham" is only said to get 5000 USD, every-time his commercial is shown. usually it's a national spot so its not like he's getting paid for every metro region. but that's a lot of money because his commercials were playing all the time.

SNL Star Beck Bennett was doing ATT commercials prior to SNL in 2011 (it says)
    He was making 250k (as the Dr Pepper guy was) on average per year for those spots.

Older 70s commercial Mr Whipple (Dick Wilson) made 300k a year back then. thats probably like 1.2 million in todays money.

"Where's the beef" Clara Peller (who died in 1987) was making half a milllion a year back in the 80s. 1.4 million a year in todays money.

Cocaine guy Billy Mays spent his own money making Oxyclean spots (his product) but it pulled in 10 million over the few years he did so. He raked it in.

"Can you hear me now" Paul Marcarelli made about a million a year for his Sprint spots or about 6k per airing.

The Snapple lady Wendy Kaufman made 100,000 a year starting in the 90s. but she worked for Snapple answering fan mail which the company put her in the commercials. See, good things happen to good spirited people who are usually spokes people.

Hollywood A'lpha male Colin Ferguson gets 1mil on average a year for MayTag repairman.

UK British actor Jonathan Goldsmith who played The Most Interesting Man in the World; Dos XX (A Mexican Gont played by a brit?? Wuuuuu) made about 1 million a year and brought sales up for the company' an extra 16% annual profits. (good tagline does well)

Sham-Wow guy made about 20k a year. Peanuts compared to other actors. But Im guessing he had no SAG-Aftra union card. :( but it must have been enough for a crack whore who nearly bit his lip off?

Anyways, I believe non union actors starting out get an average 50 dollars a day. That is the same amount given out when 50 dollars a day was worth something. I got an extra in a film in 1980s where I was in a bar scene in the opener of the film. I got 50 bucks but we came back the second day as well. I was shouting outside which should be counted as a speaking line :D thing was I never wanted to be an actor. i wanted to get behind the scene and make films or do editing for films. Just by chance they were also filming a Made for TV (Or HBO) a film in Santa Cruz and I was talking to the director in which I asked if I could watch (and told him about the film I got to be in) and he asked me if I wanted to ride along with the Janitor driving a golf cart or utility cart. So I guess a film I never seen I am in the cart driving past the actor looking for his daughter abducted. The guy I sat with kept telling me how to sit but I didn't recognize him. he was probably none union as well. but he was really into coaching me. I laughed inside but acted all serious with him and was like 'you mean like this" and he was like 'no you're too stiff'. anywho

50 bucks? Sure, "You should feel blessed you even got this part"=the same amount has been given out for decades. just never changed. Free lunches are often given (or one meal) which usually is pizza in a box and maybe some fruit or snacks and sodas or bottle water for non union workers.

they're separated from the union people. like a curtain on a plane. there own outdoor tent like first class versus coach. well planes got rid of first class and created business-coach vs coach and they got rid of that lame ass curtain.

so (My professional Average guy speech) The industry should rid this feed table for the extras and beef up the one day pay. (Actually it might be 300 a day now). Same as Jury Pay. Jury pay is still 15 a day (lol). I think it was this amount going back to the late 1940s and has never been raised. I mean this is slave labor. "But it's your civil duty". its basicly parking reembursment. Its funny how the state or Federal level gets away with this pay.

both the states, feds and hollywood should up that minimum pay scale to at least 200-300 hundred for non union workers (if not already done. this is Babysitter pay) or minimum-wage hourly pay for new actors.

everyone has to cut their teeth but people have to pay for their plane trips and hotel or whatever to get to the sets.

anyways here is the source page. has more people on it.

tl:dr look at the pretty pictures here

https://www.thedelite.com/what-famous-tv-commercial-actors-reportedly-get-paid/21/
Jump to Top