User Controls

Glenn Greenwald resigns from The Intercept, citing pro-Biden censorship

Meikai Heck This Schlong
    This is the man who broke the Snowden story. The gay jedi man, living with his gay husband, raising multi-ethnic children in Brazil, under Bolsonaro (to whose regime Greenwald's work as an investigative journalist poses a threat, which is a threat reciprocated in the form of a persistent credible threat to Greenwald's life). This is the poster boy for Good Journalism™ and Good Democrats™.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/my-resignation-from-the-intercept

The final, precipitating cause is that The Intercept’s editors, in violation of my contractual right of editorial freedom, censored an article I wrote this week, refusing to publish it unless I remove all sections critical of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, the candidate vehemently supported by all New-York-based Intercept editors involved in this effort at suppression.

The tragic irony? He was a co-founder of the outlet, which was founded with the express intent of not allowing this exact kind of thing to happen to its journalists.

The censored article in question can be read here:
    https://greenwald.substack.com/p/article-on-joe-and-hunter-biden-censored

Plenty of journalists for other mainstream publications have pointed out on Twitter that this article does not differ substantially (with regard to its worthiness of hitting the presses) from their own articles on the subject.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I've always had mixed feelings about The Intercept. On one side they run some very interesting stories that are ignored by the mainstream and GG was one of the few who actually tried to help Assange.

On the other, the man behind the curtain (look him up) has very obvious political and ideological goals, and you can see most of the writers pushing them day in and day out. It seems to me that the 'important' stories are meant to draw a certain kind of people to the site in order to 'convert' them
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by aldra I've always had mixed feelings about The Intercept. On one side they run some very interesting stories that are ignored by the mainstream and GG was one of the few who actually tried to help Assange.

On the other, the man behind the curtain (look him up) has very obvious political and ideological goals, and you can see most of the writers pushing them day in and day out. It seems to me that the 'important' stories are meant to draw a certain kind of people to the site in order to 'convert' them

For all I respect his dedication to his ideals in that he quit when he was finally censored, he paints a fairly clear picture that he was willing to tolerate the direction The Intercept had taken so long as it didn't come to directly impact his work. He's not even remotely free of sin in how things turned out. It's still sad though. Greenwald is, at least on the face of things, the embodiment of most qualities which journalists should aspire to.

On the bright side, at least he won't be part of The Intercept anymore and is free to pursue his stories as he sees fit.

By man behind the curtain, do you mean Omidyar? Seems like literally every other silicon valley guy to ever exist.
Jump to Top