User Controls

Voter Fraud in the US

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I initially saw this on 4chan, but it looks like news sites have been picking it up too as of late.

The short version is that in several US states, you can log into online vote systems using only a person's name and date of birth, and from there you can update their personal information such as address and party affiliation. You can request a 'replacement' ballot which can either be sent out to an address or filled in online, which will invalidate any ballot that person has previously received (if they have already cast a vote, it will not be affected).

https://www.theepochtimes.com/lax-online-security-appears-to-allow-cancelling-other-voters-mail-in-ballots-in-some-states_3543408.html

The Epoch Times contacted a Washington voter who then went through the process for his own ballot, which he recently received in the mail. He verified that the name and date of birth is all it takes to request a new ballot and thus invalidate the current one.

A similar issue appears to apply to Oregon, where the voter portal also only requires a name and date of birth for a login. The portal allows the voter to fill out the ballot online, print it, and submit it to election authorities, an Oregon voter contacted by The Epoch Times confirmed. The page says the option is only available to military, overseas, or disabled voters, but there doesn’t seem to be any verification that would prevent other voters from using it and thus potentially invalidate any other ballot they were previously issued.

The thread on /pol/ claims to have been able to use this to access/revoke voter data in the following states:

Alaska
    Arkansas
    California
    Florida
    Oregon
    Oklahoma (added based on my findings, someone please double check)
    Texas (added based on >>x)
    Washington
    Indiana
    North Carolina

Interestingly there have been stories in the past of people claiming their party affiliation had been changed (which in effect invalidates their votes for party primaries), but it's typically been dismissed as either them being idiots or a fault in the systems, ie.

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2020/05/no-elections-officials-didnt-change-oregon-voters-party-id-without-permission-they-say.html

With the sheer amount of personal information people make public online, it'd be entirely possible to scrape enough sets of details (basically just name and DOB) to cause havoc in swing states... And that's not even considering data aggregators like Pipl, i360 and whatever else.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/283418085
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    rabbitweed African Astronaut
    Oh wow now that left wingers know this they're totally going to change their mind.

You think they fucking care? All they care about is winning. It's time we started thinking the same.

I'm not on anyone's side
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    thentheyshouldn't.FBI/raid=forum.board-W00d+D30.P60/350.1+22.9.55$
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    Just checked mine.

Yup, no trouble getting through the vote tracking with just name, DOB and address. I had to give my SSN to sign up in the first place though. Welp. Contacting my county election office tomorrow.

If it requires SSN to register, why would it not require it to track your ballot and change you registration? I mean come on man. Basic failure to implement legally mandated safeguards.
    I would've thought they'd make you choose a password or attach a mobile number or something like virtually everything else
    is that avatar from fucking

EYE: Divine Cybermancy
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    And §m£ÂgØL says we as foreigners can't vote? Checkmate atheists.

Really tho what a massive flaw in their operational election system, besides letting a bunch of Americans take part.
    Originally posted by aldra I would've thought they'd make you choose a password or attach a mobile number or something like virtually everything else

Or even just your SSN. Like, it's registered, associated and legally mandated soooo....????

It's a real shit system but Americans do protect or should protect their SSNs, I treat mine like any other password.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    I could get an ssn without a green card, work visa or citizenship.

I wonder how much I could sell it for.
    Originally posted by aldra is that avatar from fucking

EYE: Divine Cybermancy

No but that game is the bee's tits.

Bellamy The Hyena
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Originally posted by Nil And §m£ÂgØL says we as foreigners can't vote? Checkmate atheists.

Really tho what a massive flaw in their operational election system, besides letting a bunch of Americans take part.

LOL
    Hmm it appears from my county's website that it doesn't invalidate your first vote until the envelope signature comparison to your registration is approved and your second vote is tabulated. So you actually have to get a ballot in the mail, fill it out and mail it in with a matching signature.

I'm guessing this is pretty much the big stumbling block: you can order another ballot but if you tried to manipulate the votes, you will need to do it through a physical location where you can receive the mail, then mail it back. I'm pretty sure the FBI will come and physically fuck their ass very quickly and doubt they'll mail out ballots to Russia.
    The jolly roger actually belongs to this faggot

But it's not tattooed on him and it looks cooler on Bellamy.
    ah, close

Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by aldra ah, close

God I love that game.
    MY LEGS ARE OK!
    Originally posted by aldra I initially saw this on 4chan, but it looks like news sites have been picking it up too as of late.

The short version is that in several US states, you can log into online vote systems using only a person's name and date of birth, and from there you can update their personal information such as address and party affiliation. You can request a 'replacement' ballot which can either be sent out to an address or filled in online, which will invalidate any ballot that person has previously received (if they have already cast a vote, it will not be affected).

https://www.theepochtimes.com/lax-online-security-appears-to-allow-cancelling-other-voters-mail-in-ballots-in-some-states_3543408.html

The thread on /pol/ claims to have been able to use this to access/revoke voter data in the following states:

Interestingly there have been stories in the past of people claiming their party affiliation had been changed (which in effect invalidates their votes for party primaries), but it's typically been dismissed as either them being idiots or a fault in the systems, ie.

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2020/05/no-elections-officials-didnt-change-oregon-voters-party-id-without-permission-they-say.html

With the sheer amount of personal information people make public online, it'd be entirely possible to scrape enough sets of details (basically just name and DOB) to cause havoc in swing states… And that's not even considering data aggregators like Pipl, i360 and whatever else.

epoch times ?
    first one that picked it up and tested it

yes I know
Jump to Top