User Controls

ATTN: Aldra

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Did you post about Lebanon in the last Conflict Shitpile? Just asking because i don't recall reading your take.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    in what sense? I remember talking a bit about Hezbullah and low level conflict with israel but not much about the internal situation. I think we talked a bit about that in one of the Beirut port blast threads
    Originally posted by aldra in what sense? I remember talking a bit about Hezbullah and low level conflict with israel but not much about the internal situation. I think we talked a bit about that in one of the Beirut port blast threads

It's possible yeah, and i mean in the larger geopolitical sense. I know things have been bad in Lebanon, even more so as of late but i read an article somewhere that did a bit of a deep dive on the issue. And i found out a lot about the internal political situation and also Lebanon's relation with Syria, and the reason why Hezbollah was supporting Assad in the first place, basically it came down to economic reasons due the Gulf states and Lebanon's geographic situation.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    that and because Iran and Hez need as many friends as they can keep because they see a future conflict with israel as inevitable. historically the Syrian army has been a cornerstone for stability in the region.

in terms of Lebanon itself the government is fairly split on the matter; the last president (Hariri) was owned by KSA and they showed it off to an obscene degree, and while Aoun doesn't seem to have gone far to either side there are still loads of anti-Iranians on one side and Hez on the other
    Originally posted by aldra that and because Iran and Hez need as many friends as they can keep because they see a future conflict with israel as inevitable. historically the Syrian army has been a cornerstone for stability in the region.

in terms of Lebanon itself the government is fairly split on the matter; the last president (Hariri) was owned by KSA and they showed it off to an obscene degree, and while Aoun doesn't seem to have gone far to either side there are still loads of anti-Iranians on one side and Hez on the other

Fairly split in the sense of The March 8 Alliance and the March 14 Alliance right? Also, did you catch Netanyaj3w giving the presentation at the UN claiming some warehouse was missile storage? Then Nasrallah said something to the effect of WELL COME AND LOOK THEN! And people did. Nasrallah did that speech like very quickly after the Israeli claims so if there was something there they couldn't have moved it for sure. It was very embarrassing for Israel.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I talk to Lebanese people every day and none of them have good things to say about their home country, even first generation's who were born there. Literally the only good things they say are personal freedoms and trade/goods would be great if it wasn't for all the corruption
    Originally posted by Sudo I talk to Lebanese people every day and none of them have good things to say about their home country, even first generation's who were born there. Literally the only good things they say are personal freedoms and trade/goods would be great if it wasn't for all the corruption

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't Lebanon very sectarian as well? So people look to the leaders of their particular sects to benefit those sects as a whole. And while these sectarian leaders certainly seem to care about their people, it contributes to the over-arching corruption problems in the country and just serves to compound them. If anything, the Lebanese people need some kind of unity. Call it a pan-Arabic worldview. Or even pan-Islamic, they need a common cause.
Jump to Top