User Controls

I shared some conservative political opinions under my real name today.

rabbitweed African Astronaut
    I chat in a public room for people in my profession. It's tech, so it leans left, and a few of them discuss politics. I said some mild stuff (nothing like my NIS shit posts) about how I preferred Trump over Biden for some fairly concrete reasons, mainly related to geopolitics.

It turned sour very fast. I got told that believed in flat earth theory, liserd people, that I was drunk, that I got all my news from info wars, and that I "needed help". They actually tried to make me question my own sanity for disagreeing with them.

Keep in mind, everyones real name was either visible or very easy to find. As were there places of work, jobs where you could get fired for acting un-professionally online. It wasn't a no holds barred shit posting zone like here. And people in tech are 99% autistic wimps who would never talk shit to your face. But wow did they turn very nasty, very quick. And while a few people tried to change the subject, not one person said they were going too far.

Lessons learned?

1. I can't stay in the closet when people are talking New York Times and circle-jerking all over my cereal. I'm gay right wing and I'm proud
    2. I need to stop talking to people in tech. I've known this since I was in university, but I think this was the wake up call I needed
    3. I need to bring my skills to another industry - I have the ability to talk to normal people in business and not ramble on about inside baseball while staring at my shoes. Someone who can do this and make you an app is rare as unicorns.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Youre surprised? At least you have some autonomy and (presumably) wont get fired for something like this.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    calmly drop fat red pills all over them and screenshot the ensuing hilarity
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    street_carp African Astronaut
    RW is in his 30's and just realising that most educated people aren't "got mine, fuck you" types.
    Originally posted by CASPER Youre surprised? At least you have some autonomy and (presumably) wont get fired for something like this.

I was quite civil with what I said, it was pretty mild stuff, but it's a very left wing industry.

No chance I will lose my current contract over this. I may be burning bridges with potential employers, but probably not, they're just a few fags in a chat room.
    Originally posted by street_carp RW is in his 30's and just realising that most educated people aren't "got mine, fuck you" types.

(((educated)))
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Originally posted by street_carp most educated people aren't "got mine, fuck you" types.

Yes they are.

Repeating back indoctrination isn't the same thing as having a social conscience, in fact most people will repeat whatever is popular because they don't have a social conscience.

And notice how these people explode when you try to bring up why you disagree with the consensus - they know that their world view is based on a few dozen memorised talking points, and know that they are fucked in the heads, and they don't want anything - like reason or logic - that might cause them pain. They explode like how religious people explode - and it's not cos they are secure in their faith.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    hey opey
    Kev Space Nigga
    you only now realized this, rabbitweed? i realized it way back on totse when i noticed every other fucking site (4chan the only exception) was nothing like totse. wrongthought was quickly cracked down upon everywhere else, including forums that hypocritically advertise themselves as free for alls where all views are welcome.

learning pretty quickly that being civilized with a bunch of sheep does not work, i became a troll and made it my mission to trigger as many snowflakes as possible.

you should never discuss politics at work, however. risking a ban from some stupid piece of shit internet forum is one thing but risking your livelihood is another. the system is set up in a way that favors the accuser, and since this is an age where everyone is a self entitled easily triggered whiny faggot that wants to be offended by everything, chances are someone is going to go silently behind your back and before you know it you are in shit and you will never figure out who the queer snitch is.

the only defense is to mind your business, avoid the gossip.
    Originally posted by Kev you only now realized this, rabbitweed? i realized it way back on totse when i noticed every other fucking site (4chan the only exception) was nothing like totse. wrongthought was quickly cracked down upon everywhere else, including forums that hypocritically advertise themselves as free for alls where all views are welcome.

Oh I knew they wouldn't like my opinions. But I was caught off guard by they got so nasty about it so quickly. We'd discuss controversial shit all the time at my old (non-tech) job before, it was fine.

This was more of a reminder of how loathsome programmers are. I did this semi-intentionally to put fuel on some bridges so I stopped doing the comfortable thing. But jeez they lit up way quicker than I thought.

Originally posted by Kev the only defense is to mind your business, avoid the gossip.

I'm fine not talking about politics, but if other people do it I'm not going to unilaterally disarm myself. If it closes professional avenues for me - fuck it, I have too many avenues open right now anyway and this will help narrow it down.
    Kev Space Nigga
    Originally posted by rabbitweed Oh I knew they wouldn't like my opinions. But I was caught off guard by they got so nasty about it so quickly. We'd discuss controversial shit all the time at my old (non-tech) job before, it was fine.

This was more of a reminder of how loathsome programmers are. I did this semi-intentionally to put fuel on some bridges so I stopped doing the comfortable thing. But jeez they lit up way quicker than I thought.

Programmers tend to be computer nerds which tend to be twat-worshiping incels trying to impress women because they think theyll get a chance to get laid, thats why they are spastic leftists.

I'm fine not talking about politics, but if other people do it I'm not going to unilaterally disarm myself. If it closes professional avenues for me - fuck it, I have too many avenues open right now anyway and this will help narrow it down.

You arent disarming yourself, you are disarming your aggressor from any way to create problems for you. let all your stupid fuck colleagues destroy each others careers with their wanton drama, in the middle of a devastating recession on top of it, but you will still be there still making money and advancing your life. then in your free time you can do political activism if you wish and silently vote for the controversial candidate and watch your retard soy-boy colleagues have another chimpout.
    Originally posted by Kev Programmers tend to be computer nerds which tend to be twat-worshiping incels trying to impress women because they think theyll get a chance to get laid, thats why they are spastic leftists.

You arent disarming yourself, you are disarming your aggressor from any way to create problems for you. let all your stupid fuck colleagues destroy each others careers with their wanton drama, in the middle of a devastating recession on top of it, but you will still be there still making money and advancing your life. then in your free time you can do political activism if you wish and silently vote for the controversial candidate and watch your retard soy-boy colleagues have another chimpout.

These people aren't my colleagues, and the chat room wasn't for a job.

It was just a general place where programmers could talk, dominated by a few MORALLY SUPERIOR BEINGs.

I'm self employed. I don't work for people in the tech industry - I bring tech to people in a relatively normal industry. One that's fairly conservative.

I appreciate your concern though.
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    If you grow up normal right now, not thinking very much, never questioning, and doing all the things you are supposed to do, then as a result of media indoctrination and filtration of information and the incentives created by the economic system you will wind up a neocon neoliberal shit-libby leftist.

That's just the default in our society, the standard no-brains-needed acceptable political point of view.

You shouldn't be surprised that most people, especially the atomised soyim who make up the majority of developers have this stance.

You should see how they act though, if you actually want to learn how they actually feel, don't even listen to what they say, look at their revealed preference.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    'israel cannot have a right to exist because that implies that foreign states are obligated to provide it'
    Technologist victim of incest
    With the exception of 3 people, it’s nice to see you little nazis congregate. At least you have a safe space here from the real world!
    Originally posted by Technologist With the exception of 3 people, it’s nice to see you little nazis congregate. At least you have a safe space here from the real world!

Imagine unironically typing something like this.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting Imagine unironically typing something like this.

Imagine knowing you’re not one of the three!

😘my favorite little nazi.
    Originally posted by Technologist Imagine knowing you’re not one of the three!

😘my favorite little nazi.

I'm pretty down with being a Nazi Fascist

WellHung Black Hole
    sounds pretty boring to me. (yawn)
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting I'm pretty down with being a Nazi Fascist

Obviously!

I accept you as you as you are Soi😘
Jump to Top