User Controls

The next seven to ten years of gaming is going to be held back by a 4 tflops consolesld

Indiana-Is-Eternal African Astronaut
    The xbox series s is only 4 tflops.
    So now every game will be developed with that in mind.
    Instead of the PS5's ceiling of 10 tflops there is now 4.
    This will affect computer gaming too not just consoles.

Games like Elder Scrolls VI and GTA VI will be developed with a 4tflop console in mind ...

I can only hope that most devs will abandon m$ and make their games exclusive to PS5 and PC.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by Indiana-Is-Eternal The xbox series s is only 4 tflops.
    So now every game will be developed with that in mind.
    Instead of the PS5's ceiling of 10 tflops there is now 4.
    This will affect computer gaming too not just consoles.

Games like Elder Scrolls VI and GTA VI will be developed with a 4tflop console in mind …

I can only hope that most devs will abandon m$ and make their games exclusive to PS5 and PC.

You need more realistic hopes. They are not going to ignore over one third of the potential customers.
    netstat African Astronaut
    edited for privacy
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly allowed lard-ass lanny the luxury of lapping the loins-leviathan while the little lad larps as a laotian ladyboy lapdancer........................................................................ (banned) i have a better idea.

forego the fake reality and spend more time in the real world

Sounds lame tbqh. Why spend time in this reality when other realities are objectively better in every way except for the small fact that they are not in fact realities at all.
    netstat African Astronaut
    edited for privacy
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    that went right over you're head
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly allowed lard-ass lanny the luxury of lapping the loins-leviathan while the little lad larps as a laotian ladyboy lapdancer........................................................................ (banned) as soon as the power goes off it never existed

It exists in here.

Having fond memories of the time I slew a dragon and founded a kingdom is far more enjoyable than having memories of the time I... what... fixed up a shitty old beater car to keep me occupied instead? Did taxes? Filed paperwork? Fixed a clogged toilet? Sculpted a monument out of human shit and called it art? These are all things that are "real" which seem far less meaningful than the things which are not. I don't really enjoy social activities so I don't value hanging out with friends or whatever normies find meaningful either. Which leaves me with my stories - books, tv, movies, games. The only productive thing I'd have any interest in doing is storytelling (ie creating the worlds I enjoy more than this one), but I've no talent for it so here we are. Vidya.

PS: Nothing that happens on this forum is real either. Why post here? It's all just words on a screen accomplishing nothing, that disappear the moment Lanny or the FBI wills it or when the power goes out or whatever.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Hell, even dreams are just as real as reality once reality and dreams are both in the past. And I like dreaming more than I like being awake a lot of the time too. In dreams... in dreams...

Good works of fiction are just dreams with less immersion, and the ultimate goal of any storyteller is probably to approach a dreamlike immersion with their work. Fiction, dreams, reality they're all just memories. Whether or not those memories leave a tangible trace in this reality has little value to me.
    HTS highlight reel
    Anything tangible... anything real you accomplish is just as ultimately impermanent as anything done in a video game. 10000 years from now what I did in WoW tonight will matter just as much as every meaningful thing you've done in your entire life. Everything stops existing eventually. If permanence determines value, you might as well hop on the nihilist hype train to hell now and be done with it because nothing has value by that metric.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    I call again to get a DnD game going

But just 5E for now because im new and stupid
    Originally posted by HTS Anything tangible… anything real you accomplish is just as ultimately impermanent as anything done in a video game. 10000 years from now what I did in WoW tonight will matter just as much as every meaningful thing you've done in your entire life. Everything stops existing eventually. If permanence determines value, you might as well hop on the nihilist hype train to hell now and be done with it because nothing has value by that metric.

Nothing you do in WoW or real life will ever matter. The rest of us will do things that will change the world.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by infinityshock lovingly allowed lard-ass lanny the luxury of lapping the loins-leviathan while the little lad larps as a laotian ladyboy lapdancer........................................................................ (banned) no. theyre not. youre brainwashing yourself.

theres nothing tangible in the matrix…no value…no redeeming qualities. create something in a video game it is literally nothing that exists and as soon as the power goes off it never existed.

things in real life are tangible, usable, and have value.

value is imagined
    Originally posted by Obbe value is imagined

Is that what you imagine?
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Is that what you imagine?

Do you imagine otherwise?
    Originally posted by Obbe Do you imagine otherwise?

Do you imagine that I do?
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Do you imagine that I do?

I don't imagine much about you at all.
    Chill down, slappy
    Originally posted by Obbe I don't imagine much about you at all.

But you admit you do imagine about me. Interesting...
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker But you admit you do imagine about me. Interesting…

that's just your imagination
    Originally posted by Obbe imagine about you

^imagine that
Jump to Top