User Controls

US Military records 58,058 cases of Wu-Flu, 90 deaths.

Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    According to the CDC COVID data tracker there have been 6,343,562 cases of COVID in the US with 190262 for a moratlity rate of 2.9992928263%. Yet in the military there have only been 90 deaths for 58,058 cases or a mortality rate of just 0.1550173964%. Who here really belives that the moratlity rate in the civilian mortality rate is 1834.8104767292% more than the rate in the military?
    The military is generally a lot healthier than the 40% obese 80% overweight, lazy civilians. It follows their death rates from covid would be far less.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson The military is generally a lot healthier than the 40% obese 80% overweight, lazy civilians. It follows their death rates from covid would be far less.

If our military is 1834.8104767292% healthier than our civilians populace they are supermen and don't need guns.
    I'd say they are...they don't let anyone in with even minor medical issues...then there is the "fitness" factor.

It's a sad sate though when being healthy is now deemed "supermen"..but I guess in a world where being fat and sedentary and doped up on drugs for just about everything is the order of the day now being fit and healthy IS considered being superhuman.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I'd say they are…they don't let anyone in with even minor medical issues…then there is the "fitness" factor.

It's a sad sate though when being healthy is now deemed "supermen"..but I guess in a world where being fat and sedentary and doped up on drugs for just about everything is the order of the day now being fit and healthy IS considered being superhuman.

Do you really believe the almost 3% mortality rate from the CDC?
    I'm not commenting on that I'm commenting on the military casualties being far less that fatty ill civilians...whatever the actual fatality rate is...it's common sense the fit/healthy military rate would be fare below that of Joe public...besides the fat and ill, not many 70/80yr olds in the military.
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Corona is so infectious I have caught it 17,000 times already and coofed almost 6,000,000 times. Why did Drupf do this to me?
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I'm not commenting on that I'm commenting on the military casualties being far less that fatty ill civilians…whatever the actual fatality rate is…it's common sense the fit/healthy military rate would be fare below that of Joe public…besides the fat and ill, not many 70/80yr olds in the military.

That is a different argument and I agree with you on that point. Now address my point regarding the huge disparity in mortality rates. One of those rates has to be wrong. I am far more inclincd to believe that the military would more accurately report these figures as it has more internal accountability than in a bureaucracy whose employees are protected by AFGE union membership.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Now address my point regarding the huge disparity in mortality rates.

Um I did...fit young and healthy vs fat old and diseased = huge disparity in mortality rates.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Um I did…fit young and healthy vs fat old and diseased = huge disparity in mortality rates.

Again that's a different argument. The CDC figures do not just include fat, old, and or otherwise unhealty people. But never mind if you belive the CDC you also believe, as the CDC report from last month stated, that there were less than 5000 deaths in China? That would give the average Chinese citizen a mortality rate of 0.0003471248659913173%. Which, based on your other argument, means the average Chinese schmuck is far healthier and fit than the US military.

Now please explain how you can believe the CDCs reported mortality rate?
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Again that's a different argument. The CDC figures do not just include fat, old, and or otherwise unhealty people. But never mind if you belive the CDC you also believe, as the CDC report from last month stated, that there were less than 5000 deaths in China? That would give the average Chinese citizen a mortality rate of 0.0003471248659913173%. Which, based on your other argument, means the average Chinese schmuck is far healthier and fit than the US military.

Orrrrrrrr China just hid most of their deaths. Just a wild idea.
    EVERYBODYS DYING OF THE DETH VARAS
    Originally posted by CASPER Orrrrrrrr China just hid most of their deaths. Just a wild idea.

Thank you Captain Obvious. The point is if your stupid ass can see that so can the CDC. But they published that number in their official report with no asterik or notation. That is just one of many numbers in that report which didn't pass the smell test.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Again that's a different argument. The CDC figures do not just include fat, old, and or otherwise unhealty people. But never mind if you belive the CDC you also believe, as the CDC report from last month stated, that there were less than 5000 deaths in China? That would give the average Chinese citizen a mortality rate of 0.0003471248659913173%. Which, based on your other argument, means the average Chinese schmuck is far healthier and fit than the US military.

double huh??

I assume...(as it's all we can do) that the CDC figures include everyone in the US...whereas the military ONLY include military personnel including civilians and contractors working for the military...so of course the totals will be hugely different.

360 million in the case of CDC's figures

1 or 2 million whatever it is (I didn't look it up) in the case of the military figures...
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    @spedi

I mean the CDC kind of just publishes the data theyre given. And i doubt it was even volunteered directly to them. More likely passed on by an i termediary like the WHO whos been very sketchy about their handling, Its probably not their place to editorialize international data, though separating mortality into generally healthy people and those with multiple risk factors should be important. Then again, id wager most Americans have various “comorbidities” now.

Point being, because this isnt the bubonic plague like some people made out, doesnt mean its still not a pretty big deal and worth avoiding. We dont shut down during flu season because generally we’re able to treat symptoms when they become exacerbated. In COVID, even in healthy people who get sick, respiratory symptoms are there pretty much across the board, and that gets complicated a lot more often than fever and weakness.

In other words, considering how new this is, the truth is probably somewhere in between. But considering what a diseased clusterfuck China is, I dont think it was uncalled for to be cautious. I wouldve preferred they freeze international travel in January and screen repatriated citizens, limit to essential travel for a month or two. As opposed to this long, drawn out thing. But thats justme.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson double huh??

I assume…(as it's all we can do) that the CDC figures include everyone in the US…whereas the military ONLY include military personnel including civilians and contractors working for the military…so of course the totals will be hugely different.

360 million in the case of CDC's figures

1 or 2 million whatever it is (I didn't look it up) in the case of the military figures…

I don't know what I'm talking about becasue I didn't read anything but I am right?

SMH
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker I don't know what I'm talking about becasue I didn't read anything but I am right?

SMH

You question was...

Who here really belives that the moratlity rate in the civilian mortality rate is 1834.8104767292% more than the rate in the military?

That's the question I addressed and answered (several times)..there is no other question I've attempted to answer.

YES it's completely reasonable that the civilian mortality rate is 1834% higher than the Military mortality rate because...again...

military people = young, fit and healthy with very few (if any) 70/80 yr olds.

Civilian population = 80% overweight rate...40% over the age of 50...fitness virtually none existent...so again yes...I have no problem believing civilian casualties of Covid are hugely higher than military ones.

You seem to be equating that into me "believing CDC numbers"...the actual numbers are not really relevant to my answer...

If there were only 100 civilian deaths..then I'd still expect the military deaths to be in single figures in comparison.

Originally posted by Speedy Parker I don't know what I'm talking about becasue I didn't read anything but I am right?

SMH

why dont you just admit your wrong.
    To make the % easier for you to understand speedy.

Lets take some numbers (again the actual numbers don't matter to demonstrate percentages)

Military - 5 deaths
    Civilians 100 deaths

Civilian deaths = 2000% higher than military deaths.

...so AGAIN..yes I can believes the overall civilian rate is 1834% higher than the military rates because AGAIN...fat sick and old fucks.
Jump to Top