User Controls

More than 70 former GOP national security officials wrote an open letter backing Biden, calling Trump corrupt and unfit to lead

stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    More than 70 former GOP national security officials wrote an open letter backing Biden, calling Trump corrupt and unfit to lead
    insider@insider.com (Bill Bostock)

More than 70 former Republican national-security officials have publicly endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, saying President Donald Trump is unfit to lead.

The Defending Democracy Together alliance on Thursday published an open letter, which included a 10-point list of grievances.
    Amongst the signatories are former CIA director Michael Hayden, former FBI and CIA chief William Webster, former Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte, and former Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.

"We are firmly convinced that it is in the best interest of our nation that Vice President Joe Biden be elected as the next President of the United States, and we will vote for him," the group wrote.

As the November presidential election looms, Trump is increasingly losing the support of Republican officials. A growing number of party heavyweights have said they will vote Biden.

"We are profoundly concerned about the course of our nation under the leadership of Donald Trump," the letter, published Thursday by the conservative advocacy organization Defending Democracy Together, said.

"Trump has demonstrated that he lacks the character and competence to lead this nation and has engaged in corrupt behavior that renders him unfit to serve as President."

Amongst the signatories โ€” who served during the Reagan, George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, and Trump administrations โ€” are former CIA director Michael Hayden, former FBI and CIA director William Webster, former Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte, and former Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.

"We are firmly convinced that it is in the best interest of our nation that Vice President Joe Biden be elected as the next President of the United States, and we will vote for him," the authors said.

"We believe Joe Biden has the character, experience, and temperament to lead this nation. We believe he will restore the dignity of the presidency, bring Americans together, reassert America's role as a global leader, and inspire our nation to live up to its ideals."

Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who ran as a Republican in the 2016 presidential election, told this week's Democratic National Convention that he was backing Biden.

"In normal times, something like this would probably never happen," the lifelong Republican said of his appearance at the DNC.

Miles Taylor, a former Trump administration official, also said it was time "to put country over party."

Colin Powell, former Secretary of State during George W. Bush's presidency, said in June he was voting for Biden this year because Trump "lies about things."

A number of Republican governors have also held regular late-night conference calls to complain about Trump, as Business Insider's Tom Porter previously reported.

One of Trump's top allies, Sen. Lindsey Graham, has also broken with Trump on public-health issues in recent months and praised Biden. In a campaign ad for the Republican Voters Against Trump group last month, Graham called the president "a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot."

Opposition to Trump in the Republican Party has been vocal and organized.

A number of anti-Trump groups have sprung up within conservative circles. They include Republican Voters Against Trump, the Lincoln Project, and 43 Alumni for Biden.

Michael Gordon, a longtime Democratic strategist, wrote in a June op-ed for Business Insider that Republican Party officials had been reluctant to speak out until now.

"This year, of course, has brought us new depths in the Trump presidency, and the volume of recriminations has begun to increase," he wrote.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Where are all of our right wing nut-jobs now?

It's awfully quiet in here all of a sudden.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Crickets.
    Lol Cheetos ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    That's why they're former washed up Republicans, because they don't matter anymore, and neither does their opinions.
    Trumpet ๐ŸŽบ
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Spectral; you fucking nut job who believes the world is only 6,000 years old because the Bible says so...here's a video of people just like you:

-SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by stl1 Spectral; you fucking nut job who believes the world is only 6,000 years old because the Bible says so…here's a video of people just like you:

There's no documented record past six thousand years.
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    So stl1, do you believe that Trump is hiding post boxes? I notice you are often silent, and let ghetto granny take the heat for the crazier shit.
    street_carp African Astronaut
    Originally posted by -SpectraL There's no documented record past six thousand years.

My grandma's dog has never written me a letter but I'm pretty sure it exists.
    Netflxchillr African Astronaut
    I don't care.. let them bail...

I say, let the swamp- continue to DRAIN...

4 more years!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ20 TRUMP20๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    that short list up there is a list of guilty cucks that got shown the door or are about to ghet shown the door,, gram is on the edge as we speak,, nigga been playin softball against the dems in hearings and shit,, we the people see it plain as day
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    side note,, trump polls soaring ever since sleepy joe started speaking.

Ive never seen so many skerred dems on one show all freakin out liein to the people like its the motherfuckin gospel.

anyone who sat through that and didnt start to wonder if they maybe better vote for trump is a lost cause and should jump off a cliff so they don't reproduce
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Biden gave a pretty good speech. Shame Trump is incapable of doing the same.
    I'll give you the part where he spoke actual sentences and didnt stumble with his speech,, but I have to wonder why he was a babbling idiot in all the last 3 months worth of clips,,,, first thing that comes to mind is I'll bet he's hedging his bets against having to go to prison for treason after he loses the election.

even Michele said he wasnt all that but he's better than trump,, thats pretty sad commin from ur home team
    Technologist victim of incest
    Really? When did Michelle say that? Is that from Q-anon?

Oh, and what is Biden doing thatโ€™s treasonous?
    during the DNC
    She never said that, thatโ€™s your skewed interpretation.
    did you watch it?
    What is Biden doing thatโ€™s treasonous?
Jump to Top