User Controls

Did poverty save me from becoming a Hikikomori?

rabbitweed African Astronaut
    Reading Japan-Is-Eternals posts about all the expensive gadgets he is getting - while being an unemployed dude in his 30s - made me reflect.

For a lot of my 20s I was jobless etc, just like him. But it wasn't comfortable. I wasn't buying the latest gadgets, I didn't live in a big empty house with my mother, I didn't have pets. I was in shitty flats with shitty people on sleeping on air-mattresses.

If my life was materially good, maybe I would have just ended up in his situation, instead of hating shit and going out and getting an education/career/wife etc.

I still like to think I'd be cooler than him though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    so u lived basically how i did in jail or prison or the averwge fuy the way they live inside institutions? and u call it good? a mattress on a dirty floor? look at me, i lived through wll thwt but i still romt try or juet drink and sort of gsve up on normi living unlike u.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Wariat so u lived basically how i did in jail or prison or the averwge fuy the way they live inside institutions? and u call it good?

terrible athletic abilities
    wait what
    rea'ding comprehension
    watch spwrticus on netflix 36:30 when the manipulative bitch gets all the spy info she wwnts out of the generwl dude thwn shows him her naked body qnd its a wrap. who could resist that? who? name me one person evne if she is the mowy cenneiving manipulative bitch u can think of?
    Originally posted by aldra rea'ding comprehension

You try and read his posts!? I gave up a while ago.

I mean not only do they require effort to read. But once you correct all the mistakes inside your own head, you realize that it wasn't even worth reading in the first place. He should be ashamed he thinks such dumb thoughts, let alone tries to write them down.
    but the thing is shes enjoying herself and herlife more than we are. thats how they r folks. we are wuffering while they breed the benefits. get info snitch find info and get pussy eaten life is perfect for them.
    Originally posted by rabbitweed You try and read his posts!? I gave up a while ago.

I mean not only do they require effort to read. But once you correct all the mistakes inside your own head, you realize that it wasn't even worth reading in the first place. He should be ashamed he thinks such dumb thoughts, let alone tries to write them down.

why the hell does that blond slut bitch keep tellimg him „the glory you deserve” or yrying to find all info and use her retard pussy and body for shit and shit tho?
    Originally posted by Wariat why the hell does that blond slut bitch keep tellimg him „the glory you deserve” or yrying to find all info and use her retard pussy and body for shit and shit tho?

Do you guys see what I mean?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Yeah neetbux is a trap, once you go on welfare it's really hard to get off of it because you are at a severe disadvantage from not earning enough money. Usually all you can afford is food, rent and the bare basics like alcohol and internet.

Working isn't free and if you don't have money to spend on clothes, transport, gas or whatever than you will have a hard time finding work. It's a lot easier to look for a new job when you already have a job because you have all the resources already.

Most people when they get a new job haven't been unemployed for very long. Once you run out of savings you are bascially fucked and have to start all over again from nothing. I have done it many times because whenever I do have a job I don't make the best long term plans and end up with nothing.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Yeah neetbux is a trap, once you go on welfare it's really hard to get off of it because you are at a severe disadvantage from not earning enough money. Usually all you can afford is food, rent and the bare basics like alcohol and internet.

On top of that, nobody's going to hire you except maybe to stock shelves if you haven't worked for the last 5 years or so
    I havent either.
    Originally posted by aldra On top of that, nobody's going to hire you except maybe to stock shelves if you haven't worked for the last 5 years or so

LOL I was so bad at being a NEET I couldn't even get a permanent shelf stocking job. That was like my dream, I'd just get them for 2 week periods a couple of times a year.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Yeah neetbux is a trap, once you go on welfare it's really hard to get off of it because you are at a severe disadvantage from not earning enough money. Usually all you can afford is food, rent and the bare basics like alcohol and internet.

Working isn't free and if you don't have money to spend on clothes, transport, gas or whatever than you will have a hard time finding work. It's a lot easier to look for a new job when you already have a job because you have all the resources already.

Most people when they get a new job haven't been unemployed for very long. Once you run out of savings you are bascially fucked and have to start all over again from nothing. I have done it many times because whenever I do have a job I don't make the best long term plans and end up with nothing.

If you ever want someone to talk about breaking the neetbux cycle I'm here for you (no homo).
    u think im a neet?
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    For the last little while spent jobless has just been like you said. Shitty places, shitty people(most were cool), shitty situations.

Been interesting.... right up till it got weird.
    Originally posted by aldra On top of that, nobody's going to hire you except maybe to stock shelves if you haven't worked for the last 5 years or so

I just say I made a lot of money from bitcoin and have been trying to go back to school and start my own business but it all failed so now I need more capital to pursue my dreams and i'm trying to live a more stable life with a stable income so I want something long term.

and then I end up in some shitty job with retards and quit.
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood I just say I made a lot of money from bitcoin and have been trying to go back to school and start my own business but it all failed so now I need more capital to pursue my dreams and i'm trying to live a more stable life with a stable income so I want something long term.

and then I end up in some shitty job with retards and quit.

You need to research what training programs are available to you.

For instance:
    https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/employment-social-support/employment-support/training-courses/ontario-works-training-programs-in-toronto/
    https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/employment-social-support/employment-support/training-courses/
    https://www.ontario.ca/page/second-career
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    There are also online courses like MIT Open-Course-Ware, Udemy, and lots of courses on The Pirate Bay.

But honestly I think the hardest thing when you're out of work is just the mindset shift that it takes to start being serious about self-development and getting motivated to work towards a decent job.
Jump to Top