User Controls

yung lean

Anyone ever here of this guy? It's some whit guy from sweden that started making music when he was like 16 with him rapping over some trippy beats about drinking arizona ice tea and playing video games and being emotional. But apparently a bunch of people actually like him unironically. He has videos up on youtube of him supposedly drinking lean in tokyo, and walking around acting like a rapper and shit but obviously he can't be serious.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support

Dat lean.

Emotional boys.

Emotional shawties in this bitch.
    vaporwave Yung Blood
    Anyone ever here of this guy? It's some whit guy from sweden that started making music when he was like 16 with him rapping over some trippy beats about drinking arizona ice tea and playing video games and being emotional. But apparently a bunch of people actually like him unironically. He has videos up on youtube of him supposedly drinking lean in tokyo, and walking around acting like a rapper and shit but obviously he can't be serious.

What do you have to do to be 'serious'?

Also I think more of yung leans music as just beats, and his voice is just another instrument over the beats, his lyrics arent really all that creative, and everyone I know that listens to him dont really take his lyrics or rapping to heart. Its more of like the sound in general.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support

Also I think more of yung leans music as just beats, and his voice is just another instrument over the beats, his lyrics arent really all that creative, and everyone I know that listens to him dont really take his lyrics or rapping to heart. Its more of like the sound in general.

That's chillwave in a nutshell.

I mean like, he doesn't actually think he's gangster or that what he's making actually goes along with the whole "real nigga" image rap tries to portray, yet his lyrics are consistent with that image. Like in the beginning of ginseng strip, he says "makaveli" in the beginning.

And yea I saw that video too but I don't really buy that all the time. His beats are dope but I think the real thing is that people just don't give a fuck if it's real or not. The fake "lifestyle" of the rapper goes hand in hand so well with consumer culture (buy buy buy, be a dumbass that can't think for yourself and just spend all your money on meaningless material possessions) and people have gotten so used to it that it just doesn't matter anymore. Fans know those lyrics are all made up they just dont give a fuck.
    Greatest music to come from the 2010s.

Not just YL, but all the sutff from his associates and producers and the whole cloud-rap scene.

namaste
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    its very rare to find rap that's any good these days.

what got me into cloud rap in the first place was how YL reminded me of Skinny Puppy ... then come to find out later on he namedrops SP and ends up on Naurdwar (possible jedi) talking about SP and the jedi gives him Bites or an Assimilate EP on vinyl.

funny how connected things are

the more things go on I can't tell whether this is just a really small planet and we need to start creating new things PRONTO or you're all just projections of my subconscious mind

Jump to Top