User Controls

Techno Colonialism 2020: USA uses threats of force to acquire Zoomer memester app TikTok for one of their corporate hegemons

Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    The proposed acquisition of TikTok, which boasts 100 millions U.S. users, would offer Microsoft a rare opportunity to become a major competitor to social media giants such as Facebook Inc and Snap Inc.

Microsoft also owns professional social media network LinkedIn.Trump had dismissed the idea of a sale to Microsoft on Friday. But following a discussion between Trump and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, the Redmond, Washington-based company said in a statement on Sunday that it would continue negotiations to acquire TikTok from ByteDance, and that it aimed to reach a deal by Sept. 15.

This is a deadline that was put to ByteDance and Microsoft by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), which scrutinizes deals for potential national security risks, according to the sources.
    https://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/donald-trump-gives-microsoft-45-days-deadline-for-tiktok/articleshow/77342476.cms?utm_source=toiweb&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=toiweb_hptopnews

The story that they are pushing is that angry-king Trump changed his mind about banning TikTok (lol) when Microsoft and ByteDance (a Chinese company) begged him to, but it's pretty obvious what actually happened.

The US wanted TikTok because the internet belongs to America. Trump went on Twitter and started threatening to ban TikTok, doing his crazy hard-man law-and-order President routine that has gotten so tedious.

Of course everyone knows that once Trump says something on his Twitter he is going to actually do the exact opposite.

But the threat was there. So Microsoft hustle ByteDance, and they are selling. It doesn't really even matter how much for, no one cares about that, Microsoft can just borrow money to effect the acquisition and keep TikTok on it's books at acquisition value for a decade at least. The USA didn't enact IFRS for a reason.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it sets a precedent that may lead to other countries banning da big boyz like facebook and youtube considering they don't like to pay taxes or obey local laws
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Originally posted by aldra it sets a precedent that may lead to other countries banning da big boyz like facebook and youtube considering they don't like to pay taxes or obey local laws

The Facebook app is creepy, and the Messenger app hoover's up your whole contact list from your phone and uploads it to the mothership.
    yep

I remember back in the early days when they tried to hide that sort of thing, now people just accept it as the cost to ride the dopamine machine
    Microsoft used to be social media with MSN. They really missed the mark with Skype but now they could come back and bring in an alternative to Facebook so when it comes to social media there is more options than twitter and Facebook.

Facebook is pretty shitty social media anyways it's becoming out of touch. Whenever I follow someone on YouTube they have a million links to pages and Twitters but never any Facebook activity even channels with millions of subs.

Facebook is slowly becoming the boomer internet echo chamber. Microsoft should start some cool and hip social media that isn't some trash like Google + or a Facebook ripoff.
    Skype's done fairly well rebranding itself as a business tool
    I just think it's amazing how everyone uses discord now.

I guess they were too busy with mixer and those seven versions of Xbox to notice
    I thought discord was still fairly niche, for trannies and gaymers
    Japan-Is-Eternal Naturally Camouflaged
    OP is an idiot
    This isn't just about tiktok, they're banning several Chinese programs to prevent them from spying on the US.
    Originally posted by aldra I thought discord was still fairly niche, for trannies and gaymers

I'm seeing more and more YouTubers and non gaming types use it. I don't use it at all for gaming groups because the type of gamers that use discord are huge normies.
    Originally posted by aldra Skype's done fairly well rebranding itself as a business tool

It's been replaced by Teams now.

Microsoft keeps buying good companies, then losing interest in their products.
    Don't forget zoom, thats what my mom uses
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting It's been replaced by Teams now.

has it? I know the business version of Skype is included in Office365 but I haven't dealt with any companies that use it for anything more than standard 1on1 calls
    forced technology company transfer is what it is. and some intellectual properties with it too.

like ive been saying, this has been nothing but opium war 2. the white monsters just want unequal trade with china with china on the losing end of the, thing.
    Originally posted by aldra has it? I know the business version of Skype is included in Office365 but I haven't dealt with any companies that use it for anything more than standard 1on1 calls

It's pretty good for conferences and screen-sharing.
    netstat African Astronaut
    edited for privacy
    wheres op and his opinions.
Jump to Top