User Controls

Obbe, this is why many of us don't consider wikipedia particularly reliable

rabbitweed African Astronaut
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Perennial_sources#Sources

Do you notice a trend as to how they rank their sources? We do.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    There is consensus that Bellingcat is generally reliable

lol ok
    rabbitweed African Astronaut
    But Dat Consensus tho.
    If anyone can edit wikipedia that means so can the illuminatit
    Kev Space Nigga
    Uh so what is all this based on? all i see is "perceived" "the consensus is" and so on. am i supposed to give a fuck what a bunch of soy-boy incels perceive as reliable?

There is consensus that news broadcast or published by CNN is generally reliable.

LOLOLOL, the fake news network that said iraq had weapons of mass destruction. right.

There is consensus that BuzzFeed News is generally reliable.

that is just gold....fucking buzzfeed of all things is reliable?

yeah fuck wikipedia the propaganda machine of the status quo. i never use it for anything other than finding the exact release date of a movie, or the birth date of an actor if for some reason i gave a fuck to know.
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Look at the Wikipedia articles for someone like Molly.

Stefan Basil Molyneux (/stəˈfæn ˈmɒlɪnjuː/; born September 24, 1966) is a Canadian far-right, white nationalist,[2] white supremacist,[3] former YouTuber and podcaster, who is best known for his promotion of conspiracy theories, scientific racism, eugenics and white supremacist views.[4][5][6][7][8]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux

Anyone who knows Molly knows how bullshit that is. The citations are all from the SPLC, ADL, and other jediy organisations. And of course they are 100% reliable and truthy and you aren't allowed to disagree. If you cyberstalk some of the editors on Wiki you will see they do little other than slander people they don't like with citations from these ethnic gangs.

By now Wikipedia is basically just a platform for online libel, with the articles providing intellectual cover.

Even Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger has gone into this, using various articles as an example:
    https://larrysanger.org/2020/05/wikipedia-is-badly-biased/

The problem is that these people will lie pathologically, the truth is just a weapon to them, something to be manipulated, not an ideal. They also are losers, so have all day to worm their way into the hierarchy, they are group-thinkers, so form like-minded-gangs, they aren't especially smart, so follow the group's consensus without too much thought, and they have a grudge against normality, so they are motivated.

EDIT: By the way I wrote this post.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Yeah, I know.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood If anyone can edit wikipedia that means so can the illuminatit

Edits are monitored though and removed/corrected if the citations don't support the "claim".
    Soyboy 2020 IV: Intravenous Soyposting African Astronaut [scrub the quick-drying deinonychus]
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Edits are monitored though and removed/corrected if the citations don't support the "claim".

Bullshit.
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Kev yeah fuck wikipedia the propaganda machine of the status quo. i never use it for anything other than finding the exact release date of a movie, or the birth date of an actor if for some reason i gave a fuck to know.

So you just use it to find facts. Facts you're fine with. Trustworthy unless you have a preconceived notion of what the answer should be. Mmmkay.
    Kev Space Nigga
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 So you just use it to find facts. Facts you're fine with. Trustworthy unless you have a preconceived notion of what the answer should be. Mmmkay.

to find trivial, meaningless facts, yes. wikipedia isnt even the only place for that.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Just google it. Just ask jeeves.
Jump to Top