User Controls

Progressives are the most graceless winners ever.

rabbitweed African Astronaut
    I cannot believe how upset they have gotten over the last 4 years, as if they're actually in danger of losing.

Progressives still have, and will continue to have:

- almost all media outlets
    - k through 12 education
    - almost all universities, including all the ivy league
    - public policy, as manufactured through the above
    - the civil service

They've also constructed an immigration system that will simply render the republican party non-viable in a decade or two, even if all whites vote republican. No republican administration has been able to make a dent - the US is still getting browner under 'white nationalist' trump.

yet they gnash their teeth as if they've been greatly wronged by a temporarily elected president who has to operate within their permanent structures. A 'right wing' president who supports gay marriage, which wasn't even a mainstream democrat position 20 years ago.

Take a critical look at all this. 'left' and 'right' aren't two equal and opposite forces. All the power structures we have drift leftwards, and the right simply follows along, every so often declaring 'here and no further!', only to limp along to the next progressive frontier. if it's n years until the left endorses bestiality, it's n +20 years before the right follows suit.

Under this system, progressivism will always win.

PS: This same pattern plays out in every western country. Boris Johnson is far to the left of Thatcher. Much closer to Tony Blair.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    someone sounds suspiciously like a snowflake
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 someone sounds suspiciously like a snowflake

Don't act like you're able to read that much text.

Let alone understand it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Snowy Little Bitch Flake
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    We want money it's our money and we want it NOW
    street_carp African Astronaut
    The clue is in the name. There's no end to progress.
    Rabbitweed taking a minute to cry about American politics:

Originally posted by rabbitweed I cannot believe how upset they have gotten over the last 4 years, as if they're actually in danger of losing.

Progressives still have, and will continue to have:

- almost all media outlets
    - k through 12 education
    - almost all universities, including all the ivy league
    - public policy, as manufactured through the above
    - the civil service

They've also constructed an immigration system that will simply render the republican party non-viable in a decade or two, even if all whites vote republican. No republican administration has been able to make a dent - the US is still getting browner under 'white nationalist' trump.

yet they gnash their teeth as if they've been greatly wronged by a temporarily elected president who has to operate within their permanent structures. A 'right wing' president who supports gay marriage, which wasn't even a mainstream democrat position 20 years ago.

Take a critical look at all this. 'left' and 'right' aren't two equal and opposite forces. All the power structures we have drift leftwards, and the right simply follows along, every so often declaring 'here and no further!', only to limp along to the next progressive frontier. if it's n years until the left endorses bestiality, it's n +20 years before the right follows suit.

Under this system, progressivism will always win.

PS: This same pattern plays out in every western country. Boris Johnson is far to the left of Thatcher. Much closer to Tony Blair.

Me commenting on the state of politics in New Zealand:

I don't care.

Folks, there you have it.
    Originally posted by rabbitweed PS: This same pattern plays out in every western country. Boris Johnson is far to the left of Thatcher. Much closer to Tony Blair."

I told you guys he wasn't able to read to the end.

Also LOL at Americans thinking other western countries actually have separate political and cultural trends.
    Originally posted by street_carp The clue is in the name. There's no end to progress.

Do you think that's a good or a bad thing?

If you're progressive, at some point even you will want off the train. The progressives of 1920 would be disgusted with the progressives of 2020.
    Originally posted by rabbitweed Do you think that's a good or a bad thing?

If you're progressive, at some point even you will want off the train. The progressives of 1920 would be disgusted with the progressives of 2020.

Good and bad. I don't agree with everything or even most of what the blue-haired tumblr contingent is yapping on about, but I also think that fags and niggers and trannies etc are entitled to the same shit that I am, no more, no less.

I suppose if the law decided that a tranny should be paid more than me to do the same job that's probably where I'd draw the line, but that'll probably happen in Germany or Sweden or something before it happens here.
    Originally posted by street_carp Good and bad. I don't agree with everything or even most of what the blue-haired tumblr contingent is yapping on about, but I also think that fags and niggers and trannies etc are entitled to the same shit that I am, no more, no less.

If you have a few decades yet to live, and you persist in this view, then sooner or later this will become the default right (or maybe far-right) position. You'll stay where you are, but the stream of progress will wash over you. Ya nazi!

Originally posted by street_carp I suppose if the law decided that a tranny should be paid more than me to do the same job that's probably where I'd draw the line, but that'll probably happen in Germany or Sweden or something before it happens here.

But I think you'll agree something along those lines will happen.
    Originally posted by rabbitweed If you have a few decades yet to live, and you persist in this view, then sooner or later this will become the default right (or maybe far-right) position. You'll stay where you are, but the stream of progress will wash over you. Ya nazi!

But I think you'll agree something along those lines will happen.

I live in a country that still has a gender wage gap in favour of men, so I find it improbable that at any time soon, an independent, non-EU United Kingdom is going to let a tranny drink my milkshake. The EU might be veering Left, but the UK is going Right, whether I personally like it or not.
    Originally posted by street_carp I live in a country that still has a gender wage gap in favour of men, so I find it improbable that at any time soon, an independent, non-EU United Kingdom is going to let a tranny drink my milkshake.

Does it have a gender wage gap when you take to account hours and professions worked?

Originally posted by street_carp The EU might be veering Left, but the UK is going Right, whether I personally like it or not.

Over the long term, every country veers left. I don't deny that it's not a smooth path, but the general trend is clear. If we took look at the UK over a few decades, I think you might agree:

Johnson is to the right of Corbyn, sure. Is he to the right of Thatcher? After this conservative government is ousted, then there's a labour government, then another Tory government comes into power - are they likely to be the left or right of Boris Johnson?

Trump, Boris Johnson and Brexit are merely road blocks to progress, not genuine reversals. Even now, kids aren't made to read Kipling or write essays on how great Rhodes was.
    Originally posted by rabbitweed I told you guys he wasn't able to read to the end.

Also LOL at Americans thinking other western countries actually have separate political and cultural trends.

LOL if you think everyone is reading your long winded Krotz posts
    Originally posted by rabbitweed Does it have a gender wage gap when you take to account hours and professions worked?

Over the long term, every country veers left. I don't deny that it's not a smooth path, but the general trend is clear. If we took look at the UK over a few decades, I think you might agree:

Johnson is to the right of Corbyn, sure. Is he to the right of Thatcher? After this conservative government is ousted, then there's a labour government, then another Tory government comes into power - are they likely to be the left or right of Boris Johnson?

Trump, Boris Johnson and Brexit are merely road blocks to progress, not genuine reversals. Even now, kids aren't made to read Kipling or write essays on how great Rhodes was.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours/bulletins/genderpaygapintheuk/2019

This website acknowledges that there is roughly wage parity for people in their 20's and 30's but the disparity develops as people get older than that because of the lack of older women in senior roles. It's not solely a legislative or work culture issue, it's socio-economic, the usual suspects. Many of the women in that upper age bracket stopped working to raise children and went back to work part time and/or in unskilled roles. It may even out over time, I don't feel like any single political party is directly to blame for it.

Johnson is to the left of Thatcher but I wouldn't hesitate to say he's right of Cameron (and May, but that's inconsequential).

I was made to read Kipling, he's pretty widely celebrated amongst the flag wavers and monarchists. If- was featured in an advert on daytime TV not that long ago.

They don't teach kids about Cecil Rhodes because he was a eugenicist and when he said "remember that you are an Englishman and as such, you have won the lottery of life" by Englishman, he meant white. Hasn't really aged that well.
    Originally posted by street_carp https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours/bulletins/genderpaygapintheuk/2019

This website acknowledges that there is roughly wage parity for people in their 20's and 30's but the disparity develops as people get older than that because of the lack of older women in senior roles. It's not solely a legislative or work culture issue, it's socio-economic, the usual suspects. Many of the women in that upper age bracket stopped working to raise children and went back to work part time and/or in unskilled roles. It may even out over time, I don't feel like any single political party is directly to blame for it.

It's odd to me that you think leaving the labour market to raise children should have zero impact on lifetime renumeration. Time spent raising children is time not working.

Originally posted by street_carp Johnson is to the left of Thatcher but I wouldn't hesitate to say he's right of Cameron (and May, but that's inconsequential).

So the chief complaint is that of the 19 Tory prime Ministers the UK has had, Boris Johnson is only the third most left wing?

You would agree I hope that there's zero chance that the next Tory Prime Minister is to the right of John Stuart or Pitt The Younger...

Originally posted by street_carp I was made to read Kipling, he's pretty widely celebrated amongst the flag wavers and monarchists. If- was featured in an advert on daytime TV not that long ago.

Not too sure how long ago that was. At a guess (haven't looked it up) this is no longer the case for children today. I would also bet money that in 10-20 years Kipling will be persona non grata and only invoked by the 'far right'.

Originally posted by street_carp They don't teach kids about Cecil Rhodes because he was a eugenicist and when he said "remember that you are an Englishman and as such, you have won the lottery of life" by Englishman, he meant white. Hasn't really aged that well.

Which is my central point! "Hasn't really aged that well". There was a time when it was perfectly fine for a progressive to hold such a view, and now that is no longer the case. The general trend of history is clear - progressive victory, after progressive victory. History flows in one direction.

(I'll leave aside the fact what he said exactly matches the modern day definition of 'white privilege'. maybe he was ahead of his time!)
    It was a territorial army advert that used the poem outright, that I can't seem to find online for dear life. I was able to find a bunch of very recent examples (some within the last four years) of ads that borrow the format and cadence of If-. It's absolutely engrained in the british psyche for some reason.

Lol Rhodes was not progressive even for the Victorian era. He thought blacks had to be forced back on their own land and then taxed through the arse on what they had left. He was a ruthless fascist, his raison d'etre was accumulating land, wealth and cheap labour for Britain by force.

I never made a complaint about how left or right the UK is, I only said that it is moving right. It is currently more right than it has ever been in my lifetime.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by street_carp https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours/bulletins/genderpaygapintheuk/2019

The issue here and with all these studies is that they are overly general, and I guess they have to be. Look at the employment categories they compare:

Managers, directors and senior officials
    Professional occupations
    Associate professional and technical occupations
    Skilled trades occupations
    Administrative and secretarial occupations
    Process, plant and machine operatives
    Sales and customer service occupations
    Caring, leisure and other service occupations
    Elementary occupations

For example Managers, directors and senior officials - how many tiers of managers are there? Are we creating a spread containing McDonalds low-level managers and corporate/banking executives? Are we taking into account the fact that women are statistically more likely to value 'work-life balance' over raw compensation and status, and are thus less likely to take higher-paying jobs with longer hours and more stress/responsibility?

The fact of the matter is that it's illegal to offer different pay to women for the same job, and if it were effectively cheaper to hire women, companies would take advantage of this and hire them in droves, at least in low-skilled positions. Statistically speaking women have different priorities than men when it comes to employment, and those goals correlate more closely to perceived inequality than any evidence of a systemic handicap.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by rabbitweed Time spent raising children is time not working.

Hahahahahahaha
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Technologist Hahahahahahaha

He means working with a particular skill set, someone who does a particular job and then stops for a year is going to be a little rusty at that particular job versus someone who was still doing that job for the last year.
Jump to Top