User Controls

Byzantine Cathedral Hagia Sophia to be converted into a Mosque again.

Greek Style Tuskegee Airman

Ataturk turned it from a Mosque into a museum to try to encourage civic unity and weaken Islam's hold on Turkey. It's totally unnecessary to have the Hagia Sophia as a mosque anyway, as it's right beside the Blue Mosque. The only reason this is being done is as an insult to Christians, Greeks especially.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    inb4 turkish tourism takes a hit and erdogan calls everyone racist
    Octavian motherfucker
    I had no idea he was anti Islam.

Interesting...
    Originally posted by aldra inb4 turkish tourism takes a hit and erdogan calls everyone racist

There is next to no tourism happening right now anyway.
    Originally posted by Octavian I had no idea he was anti Islam.

Interesting…

I don't think he cared all that much about it as a religion, he just wanted it excised from government - since then the military had been used to balance the power of Islamists in government, up until Erdogan purged the fuck out of it
    Originally posted by aldra I don't think he cared all that much about it as a religion, he just wanted it excised from government - since then the military had been used to balance the power of Islamists in government, up until Erdogan purged the fuck out of it

He wanted to build a modern state along Western lines, and Islam was/is an impediment to that - it tends to be quite reactionary in terms of world view.
    Y'all are being bigots, it's a religion of peace and lovelyness
    rabbitweed African Astronaut
    How can we blame white people for this?

Think media, think.
    I wonder if destroying a church that has been converted into a mosque is a hate crime or not.

On one hand it's a mosque, but on the other it's also a church, and therefore a symbol of oppression.
    kind of a moot point, they'll just cut your hands off if they catch you
    Originally posted by rabbitweed How can we blame white people for this?

Think media, think.

Unconscious bias. Subliminal colonial attitudes.

Set up a Kafka Trap for them, like the one in "White Fragility". If they respond, they are whitesplaining and racist and evil, if they don't respond they are privileged and racist and evil.

If they are upset they are weak, fragile, racist and evil, if they aren't upset they are arrogant, ignorant, racist and evil.
Jump to Top