User Controls

Could you survive on a pre-Famine Irish diet?

Greek Style Tuskegee Airman
    Adult males consumed as much as 14lb (6.35kg) of potatoes per day.

https://irishhistorypodcast.ie/could-you-survive-on-a-pre-famine-irish-diet-i-tried/
    I'm part Irish and also part feather indian i love potatoes and leather

I could live off potatoes and green tomatoes for sure
    That sounds delicious.
    blackbird Tuskegee Airman
    How the fuck do you eat 14lbs of anything in a day.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Well if each potato is a pound and you do a lot of physical labor like farming potato's without machinery then I could see eating five potato's three times a day
    rabbitweed African Astronaut
    It's now mainstream in Ireland to describe this as a 'genocide'. From de British of course, not you know their own daylight criminal landlords (which are still a huge problem in Dublin in 2020).

The Irish are such victims, it makes me sick. Especially if you consider the huge parts of the British empire that were at one time or another governed by Irishmen.
    Originally posted by rabbitweed It's now mainstream in Ireland to describe this as a 'genocide'. From de British of course, not you know their own daylight criminal landlords (which are still a huge problem in Dublin in 2020).

The Irish are such victims, it makes me sick. Especially if you consider the huge parts of the British empire that were at one time or another governed by Irishmen.

REPUBLICAN SCUM!

A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    bump this thread everytime you eat a potato

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    i just threw out a bag of potatos that went rotten months ago
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You can't live very long on just potatoes. Not enough vitamins and minerals to keep you alive. You'd be dead in probably just a few months.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood i just threw out a bag of potatos that went rotten months ago

The Irish would have had to eat those.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL You can't live very long on just potatoes. Not enough vitamins and minerals to keep you alive. You'd be dead in probably just a few months.

Yep that's why i would supplement it with green tomatoes.
    Without any fruit, you'd get scurvy. Decreased red blood cells, gum disease, changes to hair, and bleeding from the skin.
    Many people consider the tomato to be a fruit yet it occurs to me that others believe it to be a vegetable. It's really quite the quandary
    Originally posted by A College Professor Many people consider the tomato to be a fruit yet it occurs to me that others believe it to be a vegetable. It's really quite the quandary

Well, a tomato does have 13.7 mg of vitamin C in it, so you might be alright.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Well, a tomato does have 13.7 mg of vitamin C in it, so you might be alright.

13.7 you say? Not bad, not bad at all. A lot of people don't get nearly enough vitamins, and it shows.
    Originally posted by A College Professor 13.7 you say? Not bad, not bad at all. A lot of people don't get nearly enough vitamins, and it shows.

They are also a good source for potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood i just threw out a bag of potatos that went rotten months ago

update on the potatoes;

They seem to have lost their moisture content long ago and were just a black powder. The problem is everything under the bag also turned black. This shit can't be good to breathe in
    its potato spores if you sniff them potatos will maniefst in yroue body blegghhhh the taters are forming inside of me!!!
    Apparently you can get high from green potatoes
Jump to Top