User Controls

Poll: Best Star Trek????

  • Star Trek?
    33.3%
  • Other because im retarded
    11.1%
  • Voyager
    0%
  • DS9
    22.2%
  • TNG
    22.2%
  • TOS
    11.1%

Best Star Trek?

  1. #1
    Star Trek?
  2. #2
    Octavian motherfucker
    I liked the poster.

    HATE the fucking series.

    Most boring Autistic shit ever have to endure watching.
  3. #3
    mmQ victim of incest
    The last episode they ever produced
  4. #4
    rabbitweed Tuskegee Airman
    The original series, clearly.
  5. #5
    Originally posted by Octavian I liked the poster.

    HATE the fucking series.

    Most boring Autistic shit ever have to endure watching.

    Cuz u dont know the lore or technology.

    Once you learn it actually makes sense. Then you get the crazy existential episodes and jizz everywhere
  6. #6
    mmQ victim of incest
    I feel much more stronger about saved by the bell. If there is one show that I would dominate in Trivia its sbtb. Or maybe breaking bad. I is normie.

    I'll make my own thread
  7. #7
    Originally posted by mmQ I feel much more stronger about saved by the bell. If there is one show that I would dominate in Trivia its sbtb. Or maybe breaking bad. I is normie.

    I'll make my own thread

    Bad show

    No holodeck
  8. #8
    mmQ victim of incest
    Tube take me to another place please
  9. #9
    Originally posted by mmQ Tube take me to another place please

    Thats Futurama
  10. #10
    Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    The new movies with Chris Pine. The original series was amazing for the time. I hated missing it then, because I never thought I would see them again. In 52 years, They would be on something called DVDs. This was way before 8 track tapes. and everything then, music, movies, were reel to reel. So strange to be here sometimes when I think back.

    Some of you remember cassettes? remember when the player would either eat your tape, and snap it, or if you were able to pull it out carefully, it would be a really long accordion looking thing, and would static through that part of the tape from then on? or, play the thing on one side, and it would be so tight, that it would slow the machine down.... then eat your tape anyway?
  11. #11
    Originally posted by Firekrochfatty The new movies with Chris Pine. The original series was amazing for the time. I hated missing it then, because I never thought I would see them again. In 52 years, They would be on something called DVDs. This was way before 8 track tapes. and everything then, music, movies, were reel to reel. So strange to be here sometimes when I think back.

    Some of you remember cassettes? remember when the player would either eat your tape, and snap it, or if you were able to pull it out carefully, it would be a really long accordion looking thing, and would static through that part of the tape from then on? or, play the thing on one side, and it would be so tight, that it would slow the machine down…. then eat your tape anyway?

    You should watch The Next Generation. The new movies are so modern day and actiony. TNG has the feel of the original series. All the mystery and wonder and new challenges is there. 2D dimensions, fighting for the rights of artificial life, time travel, culture clashes between species, etc.

    Their perception of what humanity becomes is pretty much all I want us to become. No crime or poverty on Earth anymore. Money is a thing in the past. People who want to learn can just go do it. Medical care is free and a hot meal is as easy as talking into a replicator that provides WHATEVER YOU WANT TO EAT in a nutritionally healthy form. So you can literally eat ice cream all the time if you want. It's healthy. No fat people in the federation.

    I could go on but the universe is just so fucking cool.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  12. #12
    Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace You should watch The Next Generation. The new movies are so modern day and actiony. TNG has the feel of the original series. All the mystery and wonder and new challenges is there. 2D dimensions, fighting for the rights of artificial life, time travel, culture clashes between species, etc.

    Their perception of what humanity becomes is pretty much all I want us to become. No crime or poverty on Earth anymore. Money is a thing in the past. People who want to learn can just go do it. Medical care is free and a hot meal is as easy as talking into a replicator that provides WHATEVER YOU WANT TO EAT in a nutritionally healthy form. So you can literally eat ice cream all the time if you want. It's healthy. No fat people in the federation.

    I could go on but the universe is just so fucking cool.

    That sounds amazing! They go into that much detail...

    I'll check it out again. I watched a bit of it, but it was a time where I was pulling all-nighters at work for years. luckily, I just got Netflix! Maybe it's on there...
  13. #13
    Originally posted by Firekrochfatty That sounds amazing! They go into that much detail…

    I'll check it out again. I watched a bit of it, but it was a time where I was pulling all-nighters at work for years. luckily, I just got Netflix! Maybe it's on there…

    Should be on there!

    And yeah they really go deep. It's a show that's very relatable to real life I think. Like the Vulcans for example. Their whole suppressing their emotions thing is crazy. Their actual emotions are very powerful, and it takes years and years of meditation and training to learn to suppress them. In their primitive years they were incredibly tribal and fought long and bloody wars till some great leader i forget the name of stepped forward and led the path to meditation and logic.

    When they get old they undergo a change. Much like humans do when we get very old, they start to lose control of their emotions. One of the ways this manifests itself is by the telepathic transfer of these emotions unto the people around them. An old Vulcan can make a whole ship go crazy.

    When it comes to violence they are super adept. Stronger and faster than humans. They live much longer lives too, I think a few centuries. But because of this, they're far less ambitious and driven than humans. Longer time to live = more time to do it. Less outgoing and less risky. They don't express any kind of emotion or even feel it. They do get happy and sad and etc, but they hold it in at all times. Too much emotion can literally kill them. I think Spock almost got killed by this once when his body was taken over.

    The Vulcans built the Federation upon which the show centers around. When humans invented the warp drive, we were contacted by the Vulcans (our first encounter with aliens) and eventually invited into the Federation. They contacted most of the main species you'll see in the show once they developed warp drive capabilities.

    Despite building the federation though, they let the more ambitious humans kind of take over the exploring and stuff.

    Also you know how humans have hearts, and our hearts our made out of little chambers and valves? Vulcan teeth are like that. If one part starts to rot, the rest of the teeth will close that part off to protect the tooth. They also have a BPM of about 500 and an advanced sense of hearing. They can go without sleep for about a week or two without much issue, and are in direct control of all of their bodily functions. Meaning, they have to think about breathing and their heart beating and blinking and everything their bodies do. They have no automatic function.

    Star Trek goes into INCREDIBLE detail. I absolutely love it.

    /rant
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  14. #14
    Lanny motherfucker
    TNG is the only acceptable answer
  15. #15
    Firekrochfatty African Astronaut
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Should be on there!

    And yeah they really go deep. It's a show that's very relatable to real life I think. Like the Vulcans for example. Their whole suppressing their emotions thing is crazy. Their actual emotions are very powerful, and it takes years and years of meditation and training to learn to suppress them. In their primitive years they were incredibly tribal and fought long and bloody wars till some great leader i forget the name of stepped forward and led the path to meditation and logic.

    When they get old they undergo a change. Much like humans do when we get very old, they start to lose control of their emotions. One of the ways this manifests itself is by the telepathic transfer of these emotions unto the people around them. An old Vulcan can make a whole ship go crazy.

    When it comes to violence they are super adept. Stronger and faster than humans. They live much longer lives too, I think a few centuries. But because of this, they're far less ambitious and driven than humans. Longer time to live = more time to do it. Less outgoing and less risky. They don't express any kind of emotion or even feel it. They do get happy and sad and etc, but they hold it in at all times. Too much emotion can literally kill them. I think Spock almost got killed by this once when his body was taken over.

    The Vulcans built the Federation upon which the show centers around. When humans invented the warp drive, we were contacted by the Vulcans (our first encounter with aliens) and eventually invited into the Federation. They contacted most of the main species you'll see in the show once they developed warp drive capabilities.

    Despite building the federation though, they let the more ambitious humans kind of take over the exploring and stuff.

    Also you know how humans have hearts, and our hearts our made out of little chambers and valves? Vulcan teeth are like that. If one part starts to rot, the rest of the teeth will close that part off to protect the tooth. They also have a BPM of about 500 and an advanced sense of hearing. They can go without sleep for about a week or two without much issue, and are in direct control of all of their bodily functions. Meaning, they have to think about breathing and their heart beating and blinking and everything their bodies do. They have no automatic function.

    Star Trek goes into INCREDIBLE detail. I absolutely love it.

    /rant

    I can't believe what I missed! I gotta see this.... I remember some of what you said were explained in the early movies, but I'm really going to enjoy this, thanks!!!!

    I wish human hearts did that. I have so many friends that have heart issues. I wish I had the power to fix them...

    Again, thanks... (thumbs up, way up)
  16. #16
    Speedy Parker Naturally Camouflaged
    DS9 because

    Best character development of any Star Trek series.

    Best story line of any Star Trek series.

    All that plus lots of Ferengi make it the best Star Trek series ever.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  17. #17
    Originally posted by Lanny TNG is the only acceptable answer

    Deep Space 9 is pretty good tho. I like the non-perfect characters like Quark. It was incredible that they made him into a loveable character considering he's sexist, greedy (obviously) and racist against humans

    Even Gul Dukat at times is likeable. Before he has his villian identity crises.

    Everyone on TNG was just so goddamn perfect. They didn't do stupid stuff except for heroism or some kind of external force.

    "Picard never punched me" -Q
  18. #18
    Jadzia Dax was fucking hot too. Those spots mmm

  19. #19
    Janeway had some nice jugs too tho. They have coffee in them.
  20. #20
    Speedy Parker Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Deep Space 9 is pretty good tho. I like the non-perfect characters like Quark. It was incredible that they made him into a loveable character considering he's sexist, greedy (obviously) and racist against humans

    Even Gul Dukat at times is likeable. Before he has his villian identity crises.

    Everyone on TNG was just so goddamn perfect. They didn't do stupid stuff except for heroism or some kind of external force.

    "Picard never punched me" -Q

    TNG was like a Federation show case parade whereas DS9 was like downtown Star Trek on the edge of butt fuck nowhere. Complete with shit that broke, supply and logistic challenges and no shortage of seedy characters.
Jump to Top