User Controls

The secretary of defense that Trump chose is now comparing him to the Nazis

folks, this is reality. Even Trump's own party is turning on him lmao

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n7wn7m/welp-trumps-own-former-defense-secretary-just-compared-him-to-the-nazis-so-that-happened
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    didn't he drop out because Trump didn't take the bait and go to war in Syria
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    ah §m£ÂgØL reads vice, this makes sense because Im always wondering how he manages to think so little
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

doesn't really compare him to nazis either, basically claims that the nazis meant to divide the US in order to defeat it and that Trump's now allowing it to happen
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    so germany wants to take us over again? i always knew anyone that drove a german car was a piece of shit krowt NO ONE LISTENED THEY WERE LIKE AEURRRRR THE ENGINEERING IS SO GOOD BECAUSE IT TAKES SPECIAL TOOLS TO DO BASIC REPAIRS dude those cocksuckers brought this on now see whos laughing
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by aldra didn't he drop out because Trump didn't take the bait and go to war in Syria
    Mattis often seemed burdened in his role. His aides and friends say he found the president to be of limited cognitive ability, and of generally dubious character. Now Mattis was becoming more and more isolated in the administration, especially since the defenestration of his closest Cabinet ally, the former secretary of state Rex Tillerson, several months earlier. Mattis and Tillerson had together smothered some of Trump’s more extreme and imprudent ideas. But now Mattis was operating without cover. Trump was turning on him publicly; two months earlier, he had speculated that Mattis might be a Democrat and said, in reference to NATO, “I think I know more about it than he does.” (Mattis, as a Marine general, once served as the supreme allied commander in charge of NATO transformation.)

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/10/james-mattis-trump/596665/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

doesn't really compare him to nazis either, basically claims that the nazis meant to divide the US in order to defeat it and that Trump's now allowing it to happen

Uhmm yes he does, he said that was the Nazis goal, to divide and conquer; and now trump is trying to divide our country, like the Nazis always wanted.
    lol the atlantic
    Aldra you have to read the full essay.
    The Atlantic is pretty well renowned. Their first publications were on the abolitionist movements and they're partly responsible for helping shape public discourse in a positive way.
    Originally posted by Technologist Uhmm yes he does, he said that was the Nazis goal, to divide and conquer; and now trump is trying to divide our country, like the Nazis always wanted.

read it a little more carefully. what he's saying is that outside enemies, using the nazis as a retarded bogeyman, would be more likely to succeed against a 'divided' US. he's saying that trump is essentially playing into that goal, not that he's maliciously trying to destroy the country as an external enemy would.
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace The Atlantic is pretty well renowned

as a literal NATO mouthpiece
    Originally posted by aldra read it a little more carefully. what he's saying is that outside enemies, using the nazis as a retarded bogeyman, would be more likely to succeed against a 'divided' US. he's saying that trump is essentially playing into that goal, not that he's maliciously trying to destroy the country as an external enemy would.

We’ll have to disagree.
    you can disagree all you like, you'll still be wrong
    Originally posted by aldra you can disagree all you like, you'll still be wrong

Sounds good, my little nazi lover.
    Originally posted by Technologist https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/10/james-mattis-trump/596665/

That afternoon, Mattis called John Kelly, the former Marine general who was then nearing the end of his calamitous run as Trump’s chief of staff. “I need an hour with the boss,” Mattis said.

The next day, he met Trump in the Oval Office. Mattis made his case for keeping troops in Syria. Trump rejected his arguments. Thirty minutes into the conversation, Mattis told the president, “You’re going to have to get the next secretary of defense to lose to ISIS. I’m not going to do it.” He handed Trump his resignation letter, a letter that would soon become one of the most famous documents of the Trump presidency thus far.

Originally posted by aldra didn't he drop out because Trump didn't take the bait and go to war in Syria

I guess I was right.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    in b4 donald alien techonoly sweeps the nation
    So, back to my original response:

kind of ironic that someone pushing for wars of aggression would be calling other people nazis.
    Originally posted by aldra read it a little more carefully. what he's saying is that outside enemies, using the nazis as a retarded bogeyman, would be more likely to succeed against a 'divided' US. he's saying that trump is essentially playing into that goal, not that he's maliciously trying to destroy the country as an external enemy would.

What you described is literally comparing him to Nazis. He's not calling him racist, or a Nazi, or anything else. He's just comparing. And Trump uses similar tactics so the comparison is adequate.

Let me compare Obama to Nazis: Obama doesn't divide anyone. Never called his enemies thugs. Never made a boogeyman. Didn't instill fear into citizens. Didn't divide the country like Trump has.

And 'maliciously destroy the country'.... what? It's not like Hitler tried to do that either. God, not even fucking Pol Pot tried to destroy his country. Evil often comes with the best intentions.
    Originally posted by aldra So, back to my original response:

kind of ironic that someone pushing for wars of aggression would be calling other people nazis.

I can tell right here that you did not read the essay.
Jump to Top