User Controls

My phone seems to charge a lot faster with

Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    a power bank rather than a mains socket, what’s the reason behind this?

It’s 11000mAh
    saten
    Fuck off socky

Some nerd here will know the answer
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    dainty faggot
    Thanks
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Magic.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    It probably has to do with the transformer you plug into the outlet. The powerbank is designed to charge your phone, the transformer is specced to charge your phone but it wasn't designed to do that. It's just an easy way of converting what comes out of the wall into something your phone can use.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it's the amperage
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I love you
    Originally posted by Grylls I love you

Both Sophie and aldra
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Told you i'd be here.
    Originally posted by aldra it's the amperage

Check the sticker/label on them

usually it'll be something like 5 volts, 1 amp (5V1A).

the higher the amperage the faster the power transfers; most consumer chargers cap at like 2A because anything higher raises the heat of a lithium cell and can cause it to burn up like those samsung phones.

fast charge and the like go up to 10A I think, but they specifically only charge your battery up to 50% before dropping the amperage down for safety/the life of the cell.
    Damn u guise are awesome
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    Originally posted by aldra Check the sticker/label on them

usually it'll be something like 5 volts, 1 amp (5V1A).

the higher the amperage the faster the power transfers; most consumer chargers cap at like 2A because anything higher raises the heat of a lithium cell and can cause it to burn up like those samsung phones.

fast charge and the like go up to 10A I think, but they specifically only charge your battery up to 50% before dropping the amperage down for safety/the life of the cell.

Basically this, though I've seen them as high as 3.1 amps. Look for the ones sold "for tablets" as they typically will have a higher amperage.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Whats up with "wireless" chargers? That totally goes against Ohms law for me, but I am old school.
    Yeah they're inefficient as fuck but 'convenient'

I'm more a fan of those magnetic contact chargers that never really got popular
    Originally posted by aldra Yeah they're inefficient as fuck but 'convenient'

I'm more a fan of those magnetic contact chargers that never really got popular

That was a thing? That sounds perfect.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Why don't they have like a little wheel that you pump with your foot to charge the battery?
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace That was a thing? That sounds perfect.

it was pretty good but as far as I know only a few of the sony models used it:

https://shopee.com.my/Sony-Xperia-Magnetic-Magnet-LED-USB-Charging-Cable-Z1-Z2-Z3-Z4-Z5-Mini-i.18695082.246811822

similar to the way the macbook magnetic charger cable works and you don't run the risk of wrecking the connector if you trip over the cable and yank it out.

Originally posted by -SpectraL Why don't they have like a little wheel that you pump with your foot to charge the battery?

https://au.banggood.com/Outdoor-20W-Multifunction-Portable-Manual-Crank-Generator-Emergency-Survival-Power-Supply-p-1225105.html?gpla=1&gmcCountry=AU¤cy=AUD&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgcs&utm_content=frank&utm_campaign=frank-ssc-aug-all-1129-v2&ad_id=400492522952&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2va-0cvs6QIVSgwrCh0PUQKREAQYAyABEgKSSfD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

takes a fair bit of energy to charge a phone, though it'd be a good thing to have if you spend a lot of time away from power mains. I was considering building one like the 'universal charger' from the metro games
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by aldra it was pretty good but as far as I know only a few of the sony models used it:

https://shopee.com.my/Sony-Xperia-Magnetic-Magnet-LED-USB-Charging-Cable-Z1-Z2-Z3-Z4-Z5-Mini-i.18695082.246811822

similar to the way the macbook magnetic charger cable works and you don't run the risk of wrecking the connector if you trip over the cable and yank it out.

https://au.banggood.com/Outdoor-20W-Multifunction-Portable-Manual-Crank-Generator-Emergency-Survival-Power-Supply-p-1225105.html?gpla=1&gmcCountry=AU¤cy=AUD&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgcs&utm_content=frank&utm_campaign=frank-ssc-aug-all-1129-v2&ad_id=400492522952&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2va-0cvs6QIVSgwrCh0PUQKREAQYAyABEgKSSfD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

takes a fair bit of energy to charge a phone, though it'd be a good thing to have if you spend a lot of time away from power mains. I was considering building one like the 'universal charger' from the metro games

Just one of those cube gyros that fits in your hand, like they had in the war to power their radios.

Jump to Top