User Controls

Keeping track of my mess

  1. #1
    Kev African Astronaut
    My rather tiny SSD is filling up and the space keeps decreasing even when I dont remember downloading a bunch of shit that week. Is there an app that keeps a history of the details of all the folders so I can see the GB trend and catch the culprit before it fattens up?

    For a juicy example, last year it was the NVIDIA appdata folder pertaining to a video card I no longer even use and the autoupdate continued running for years without my knowledge, downloading and permanently saving each update. I didnt notice until it grew to 12 GB when I promptly deleted that shit.
  2. #2
    Grylls motherfucker [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    wat
  3. #3
    Kev African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Grylls wat

    Is there an app that can show me which folders on my SSD are getting fat? >_>
  4. #4
    Grylls motherfucker [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    file allocation table?
  5. #5
    Grylls motherfucker [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    32
  6. #6
    Kev African Astronaut
    Now now, i only troll you in HB, lets behave ourselves outside that.
  7. #7
    Grylls motherfucker [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    Me sorry
  8. #8
    mashlehash victim of incest
    pussy.
  9. #9
    Cathay Coof African Astronaut [the ariled affirmatory basinet]
    Topical forum.

    FileTree is what we use at work.
    https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

    How big is your SSD anyway OP?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  10. #10
    Kev African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Cathay Coof Topical forum.

    FileTree is what we use at work.
    https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

    How big is your SSD anyway OP?

    Quick question, does it show the trend over time or only the current sizes? I need the former. I have plenty of fat folders that are fine because they stay the same size, but I need to know which ones diets to keep an eye on.

    It is 256 GB. I have flash drives that are that size now, I need to upgrade.

    Originally posted by Grylls Me sorry

    It okay fam.
  11. #11
    stl1 Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Kev Is there an app that can show me which folders on my SSD are getting fat? >_>




    Yeah, it's called the DTE app.
  12. #12
    hva_skjera Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Kev Is there an app that can show me which folders on my SSD are getting fat? >_>

    Yeah, if you're on Windows (which I'm assuming you are) just install WinDirStat. It'll show you the biggest files + folders on your drive, although it might take a bit to load.
  13. #13
    cigreting African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Grylls wat

    stop usin me sayin asshole
  14. #14
    Grylls motherfucker [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    Originally posted by cigreting stop usin me sayin asshole

    me? or ur grampspas assshohels
  15. #15
    cigreting African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Grylls me? or ur grampspas assshohels

    mne u gay fegat
  16. #16
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Can someone point me to the mens room?
  17. #17
    Solstice African Astronaut
    50 terabytes of scat porn
  18. #18
    Kev African Astronaut
    Originally posted by hva_skjera Yeah, if you're on Windows (which I'm assuming you are) just install WinDirStat. It'll show you the biggest files + folders on your drive, although it might take a bit to load.

    I love windirstat, great program. but I dont need to know which folders are fat, i need to know which are getting fat. I figured this out already with a program called foldersizes.

    Thanks everyone.
  19. #19
    Originally posted by Kev My rather tiny SSD is filling up and the space keeps decreasing even when I dont remember downloading a bunch of shit that week. Is there an app that keeps a history of the details of all the folders so I can see the GB trend and catch the culprit before it fattens up?

    For a juicy example, last year it was the NVIDIA appdata folder pertaining to a video card I no longer even use and the autoupdate continued running for years without my knowledge, downloading and permanently saving each update. I didnt notice until it grew to 12 GB when I promptly deleted that shit.

    Use a regular HDD for non critical shit and save the SSD for...um critical shit, I just installed a 6tb in mine this weekend because the 4tb HDD was full, $119 Microcenter.
  20. #20
    Kev African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Use a regular HDD for non critical shit and save the SSD for…um critical shit, I just installed a 6tb in mine this weekend because the 4tb HDD was full, $119 Microcenter.

    I do, I have a 3tb HDD for movies and games and it thankfully is less than half full, its my critical drive thats starting to overflow. I dont trust huge HDDs tbh, they fail so easily.
Jump to Top