User Controls

Cities: Skylines - 75% Off

  1. #1
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    On Steam. 27 hours remaining on the sale as of the time of this post.
  2. #2
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Is it fun?
  3. #3
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Is it fun?

    No it is not.
  4. #4
    this game is a blast on meth i tell ya

    Originally posted by Ghost God damn I suck at this game when I'm fucked up, also my first time playing it.

    Spent literally 10 hours making raised triple roundabouts connected by a skyway while my city went to ruins and chaos

    Also got "dead man's curb" stuck in my head. Greatest song ever. My max population so far was 100k in my first big grid city. The traffic was so bad and my metro lines were completely fucked, i even managed to fuck up placing a seaport with a single lane road so it got the worst traffic ever.

    Spent the past 10 hours working on my new city. It's a farm town surrounded by forest, River and a large amount of oil and ore in the north which I'm going for. Took me an hour just to get the highway placement right so it doesn't interfere with my farms

  5. #5
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    Some of your on/off ramps look like they require a SHARP turn on/off the highway and I can't tell if they're driving on the left or right side.
  6. #6
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    "Hold on kids!"

    *skids 150 degrees @ 70mph*
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  7. #7
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Some of your on/off ramps look like they require a SHARP turn on/off the highway and I can't tell if they're driving on the left or right side.

    Yeah you should have seen my triple decker roundabouts connecting roundabouts on top of roundabouts. And my traffic was still fucked.

    Trying to make a functional and non retarded looking city is the real challenge of this game. I stopped doing crackhead roads and now I'm all about PUBLIC PARKS AND PEDESTRIAN FOOTPATHS. Because you gotta connect all the suburbs to the commercial areas so people are more inclined to walk places so they use the roads less
  8. #8
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Yeah you should have seen my triple decker roundabouts connecting roundabouts on top of roundabouts. And my traffic was still fucked.

    Trying to make a functional and non retarded looking city is the real challenge of this game. I stopped doing crackhead roads and now I'm all about PUBLIC PARKS AND PEDESTRIAN FOOTPATHS. Because you gotta connect all the suburbs to the commercial areas so people are more inclined to walk places so they use the roads less

    That's pretty cool actually. I wish I had the patience for stuff like that. In these kinds of strategy games I usually end up failing miserably into a hole because I fuck around and don't take it seriously.

    I played Age of Empires against HTS once and by the time his civilization had undergone the singularity, my civilization was just barely learning to pull their pants down before taking a piss.
  9. #9
    Ernst Kaltenbrunner Tuskegee Airman (banned)
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace just barely learning to pull their pants down before taking a piss.

    a technique you, personally, still havent mastered
  10. #10
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Ernst Kaltenbrunner a technique you, personally, still havent mastered

    this is a good use of your time
  11. #11
    Cathay Coof African Astronaut [the ariled affirmatory basinet]
    Surviving Mars is also on sale, it's pretty good.
  12. #12
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Cathay Coof Surviving Mars is also on sale, it's pretty good.

    that game is even worse
  13. #13
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace That's pretty cool actually. I wish I had the patience for stuff like that. In these kinds of strategy games I usually end up failing miserably into a hole because I fuck around and don't take it seriously.

    It's a simulation game so you can be shitty and still do well.
  14. #14
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood It's a simulation game so you can be shitty and still do well.

    Yeah but doing shitty in those kinds of games usually means you're sitting around in debt waiting for the end of the month or whatever till you get your city/park/etc income.

    One time in Zoo Tycoon 2 I had to sell half the zoo to stay afloat. It stresses me out lol. I usually just free build.

    I prefer strategy games like Crudader Kings, AKA Incest Simulator
  15. #15
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Is it fun?

    I’ve enjoyed it so far. I spent 3 hours playing it yesterday and feel like I barely scratched the surface.
  16. #16
    street_carp Yung Blood
    Cities Skylines is also free on PSN right now if you've got plus. Haven't downloaded it because I've got it on PC, but thought it was worth mentioning.
  17. #17
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I couldn't imagine playing something like this with a controller
  18. #18
    MexicanMasterRace Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by street_carp Cities Skylines is also free on PSN right now if you've got plus. Haven't downloaded it because I've got it on PC, but thought it was worth mentioning.

    Do you keep those free PSN plus games when your subscription ends?
  19. #19
    Originally posted by aldra I couldn't imagine playing something like this with a controller

    i could see it. The roads are real snappy like it's on a grid but you can make curves and shit. The UI is top notch

    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  20. #20
    street_carp Yung Blood
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Do you keep those free PSN plus games when your subscription ends?

    You can't play it when your sub ends, but anything you've claimed stays in your library so you can play it if you resub.

    Originally posted by aldra I couldn't imagine playing something like this with a controller

    Yeh, it's a bit of a dice roll when traditional PC genres get console ports. PS4 has kb+m support on a game by game basis though and I'd be shocked if C:S didn't support it.
Jump to Top