User Controls

A global music festival

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Wouldn't that be a good idea? If there was a large festival every year that changed locations, and was funded entirely and collectively by all the governments of the world, where they pay the expenses for every human being that wishes to, to attend the festival for a weekend. 3 days of singing, dancing, laughing, listening, and festivities where everyone just enjoys the moment and forgets about all the bullshit of the world.

Stop snickering.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    and was funded entirely and collectively by all the governments of the world

Pathetic.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    make a international plant food festival oits legal thy will spondser u of ur a charity
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Malice Pathetic.

FUCK OFF AND DIE DIE DIE.

Really though, why is that pathetic? Who cares? Funded by some magical fund. That's not the point here. The point is that all the people that couldn't normally afford to attend would be able to. That's the premise. A global festival of LOVE.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    It would cost significantly less than the current US defense budget and would almost certainly do more to keep us safe. Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Originally posted by Lanny It would cost significantly less than the current US defense budget and would almost certainly do more to keep us safe. Sounds like a good idea to me.

This would be an unmitigated disaster, there are so many problems with this idea. While not perfect, and although you may not be willing to admit it (At least you wouldn't have, if not to spite me), income is a good proxy for separating the wheat from the chaff. The worst qualities in human beings are also those that will, in the vast majority of cases, lead to poorer economic outcomes. Market dynamics in action.

It being free is a critical aspect. What about travel expenses? What about time off from work, children etc.? To properly control for these factors and be truly egalitarian would be a logistical nightmare. This is analogous to problems that practical utilitarianism repeatedly runs into.

And as for keeping us safe, it would likely do the opposite. Multiculturalism does not work: [link]http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/[/link]
    Contrary to what leftists would have desired, the actual effects are unequivoally negative.
    Right wing hate doesn't work either. Nothing works. Stop the left/right politics and just help the world burn.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by mmQ Wouldn't that be a good idea? If there was a large festival every year that changed locations, and was funded entirely and collectively by all the governments of the world, where they pay the expenses for every human being that wishes to, to attend the festival for a weekend. 3 days of singing, dancing, laughing, listening, and festivities where everyone just enjoys the moment and forgets about all the bullshit of the world.

Stop snickering.

NO IT WOULDNT BE.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby NO IT WOULDNT BE.

I've supported your Bill Krozby dog stand from day 1 and you gonna do a nigga like dis? Dang Dougiel.

Originally posted by Malice This would be an unmitigated disaster, there are so many problems with this idea. While not perfect, and although you may not be willing to admit it (At least you wouldn't have, if not to spite me), income is a good proxy for separating the wheat from the chaff. The worst qualities in human beings are also those that will, in the vast majority of cases, lead to poorer economic outcomes. Market dynamics in action.

It being free is a critical aspect. What about travel expenses? What about time off from work, children etc.? To properly control for these factors and be truly egalitarian would be a logistical nightmare. This is analogous to problems that practical utilitarianism repeatedly runs into.

And as for keeping us safe, it would likely do the opposite. Multiculturalism does not work: [link]http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/[/link]
    Contrary to what leftists would have desired, the actual effects are unequivoally negative.

Obviously some of the details would have to get sorted out, and it wouldn't be a required event. There's no lack of large-scale festivals and events that already are multi-cultural and have no issues with safety. Music festivals bring people together, and I just thought it would be cool if there was a gigantic one that everyone who wanted to could attend, with a wide variety of venues and music genres to explore.

I'm assuming you've never been to a festival but you can gain a very nice emotional high from one and leave feeling satisfied and appreciative. Even if 1 billion people showed up, that could be 1 billion people that have a little less hatred in their heart toward other cultures and races after experiencing the same joys, together. Cringe all you want but a good concert demonstrates this premise in a simple form, bring people together, enjoying the moment, not worrying about all the shit in the world.
    The overwhelming majority of the people at the festivals you've been to have been white, admit it.
    Black people aren't allowed at raves cos the police already like busting them and if black people are allowed to turn up then nobody will get to rave before the beat down
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Malice The overwhelming majority of the people at the festivals you've been to have been white, admit it.

Of course, the majority of people where I live are white. That really has nothing to do with this, and like I side, there are large-scale festivals (that I haven't been to) that already draw in tons of people from across the globe. I just want a bigger one. I ain't afraid of no spooks and gooks mannn.
Jump to Top