User Controls

Wings : A Covid-19 Project

G African Astronaut

So the last several weeks being spent @ home I've noticed a large buzzard camps out on my roof line then onto my front yard fence. He feeds off the food I toss out to the birds,squirrels,rabbits & feral cats. He's so comfortable he doesn't even fly away when I come out the door & looks me dead in my eyes like "what up kid" lol. I named him Rakim because he's old school & clearly no joke.

Well heavy drinking & boredom have me plotting on summoning him w/ a sleeve fashioned from sirloin steak & a welder's glove. I do consider myself as a renaissance man, so the coveted summoning a falcon may not be in my cards but a buzzard is also a large bird of prey so it will fit well in any list of couthly achievements. I've spoken w/ my son & we're working on a "summoning wild birds of prey" play list but I'm in favor of just having Ozzy - I Don't Wanna Stop on loop lol. My son will be filming, I plan on donning a wife beater,boxers & slides if possible I will have a silver goblet in the free hand(on nearby standby by the fence post). My new neighbors haven't truly been exposed to me yet, I feel this will formally introduce them to the way of the cul-de-sac.

Ozzy - I Don't Wanna Stop

Today I began the courtship , I waited for him to move to the fence I came outside & sat on the porch for a few minutes, then I slowly got up & walked over to the fence, got within 3 feet before he moved a little further down, no flight though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    On pins and needles waiting for the footage! Vultures are so gross .. makes it even more exciting
    how do they react to drones ?
    G African Astronaut
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny how do they react to drones ?

Not sure

Day 2 of Courtship : I Bestow Gifts

Some enterprising youth came by offering pressure-wash services, house needed it as some of the vinyl siding areas are tinted green from pollen & grime accumulation. Plus helping out the youth win/win. They disturbed Rakim who leisurely strolled to the back roof line. I put some raw beef stew cubes on my rear deck & he without hesitation hopped down, walked over & devoured them. I don't want him getting accustomed to the backyard though as my dog has the run of that.

Rakim - What's On Your Mind

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    The tune? Cool photo though! Were you outside on the porch when he came up?
    G African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Stopffs The tune? Cool photo though! Were you outside on the porch when he came up?

He was up on the roof edge, so about five feet away diagonally, soon as I went back in after placing the beef he dropped down & came up. It's a marathon courting these majestic creatures, not a sprint lol.
    He looks like a relatively small turkey vulture. The ones who hung out on the beaches of my hometown in Santa Barbara were HUGE. Dining on washed up sea life, like a whale.
    G African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Stopffs He looks like a relatively small turkey vulture. The ones who hung out on the beaches of my hometown in Santa Barbara were HUGE. Dining on washed up sea life, like a whale.

Wingspan's about 4 foot.
    G African Astronaut
    So Rakim's been MIA since the power washing. I'm thinking the chemicals used have changed the scent which spooks him. Maybe the incoming rain system will neutralize it.
    Technologist victim of incest
    G you don’t have to tell me, but this thread makes me feel like you’re in Ohio; are you? Hinkley Ohio is where all the buzzards fly in every year.
    G African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Technologist G you don’t have to tell me, but this thread makes me feel like you’re in Ohio; are you? Hinkley Ohio is where all the buzzards fly in every year.

Negative eastern NC, coastal.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by G Negative eastern NC, coastal.

I used to do some contract work in the outter banks for the power company.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Erekshun I used to do some contract work in the outter banks for the power company.

i bet you sucked diccccck
    G African Astronaut
    Originally posted by G So Rakim's been MIA since the power washing. I'm thinking the chemicals used have changed the scent which spooks him. Maybe the incoming rain system will neutralize it.

I littered my yard w/ the shitty new formula TRIX w/ marshmallows cereal as it's unfit for humans. Lo & behold Rakim made an appearance.

Fitting soundtrack

Rakim: Guess Who's Back

Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by mashlehash i bet you sucked diccccck

I bet $500 and you lost, pay up!
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    play vulture noises from a youtube video on a speaker next time hes around.
    G African Astronaut
    Wings of redemption
Jump to Top