User Controls

Trump on corona

Jan. 22
    “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

— CNBC interview

Confirmed cases 1. Reported deaths 0.

The day before, the first U.S. case was announced in Washington state. The WHO says the global risk is high.

Feb. 10
    “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

— New Hampshire rally

In Singapore, where average temperatures are similar to summer in the U.S., the number of cases reaches 45.

CC 12. RD 0

Feb. 24
    “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

— Twitter

Global markets fall sharply amid fears that the coronavirus was spreading.

CC 53. RD 0.

Feb. 27
    “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

— News conference

Washington, California and Oregon report the start of community transmission.

CC 60. RD 0.

March 4
    “Some people will have this at a very light level and won’t even go to a doctor or hospital, and they’ll get better. There are many people like that.”

— Briefing with airline CEOs

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) declares a state of emergency after the state’s first coronavirus-related death.

CC 153. RD 11.

March 9
    “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power ... to inflame the CoronaVirus situation.”

— Twitter

Stock markets continue to rapidly decline.

CC 537. RD 21.

March 10
    “We’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

— Meeting with Republican senators

The next day, the WHO declares a pandemic of covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

CC 959. RD 28.

March 14
    “We’re using the full power of the federal government to defeat the virus, and that’s what we’ve been doing.”

— News conference

CC 2,726. RD 54.

March 15
    “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

— News conference

CC 3,499. RD 63.

March 17
    “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

— News conference

CC 6421. RD 108.

March 18
    “I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China - against the wishes of almost all.”

— Twitter

CC 7786. RD 128

March 19
    “We took the best economy we’ve ever had and we said ‘Stop. You can’t work. You have to stay home.’ ... Here’s a case we’re paying a lot of money to stop things because we don’t want people to be together so that this virus doesn’t continue onward.”

— News conference

CC 13,680. RD 200.

March 23
    “America will again, and soon, be open for business — very soon — a lot sooner than three or four months that somebody was suggesting. ... We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself.”

— News conference

CC 43,667. RD 552.

March 24
    “I’d love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

— Fox News interview

CC 53,740. RD 706.

March 26
    “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go into major hospitals sometimes they’ll have two ventilators, and now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

— Fox News interview

CC 83,836. RD 1,209.

March 28
    “WE WILL WIN THIS WAR. When we achieve this victory, we will emerge stronger and more united than ever before!”

— Twitter

CC 121,478. RD 2,026.

March 29
    “Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the victory is won.”

— News conference

The US at this point has more cases than any other country.

CC 140,886. RD 2,467.

As of today the US confirmed cases stands at 826,258 with 45,382 reported deaths.

Jan 22 1 case to April 22 826,258 and over 45 thousand dead and it’s not even peaked yet. If someone doesn’t sue trump, I’d be fucking stunned.
    Reminder that the flu kills about 12k-30k Americans a year

Get ready for that exponential spread folks
Jump to Top