User Controls

Very Close To Solving Whether Schrödinger's Cat Is Actually In The Box

-SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Just waiting on some delicate electronic components. FedEx. Overnight delivery.
    It’s a thought experiment moron. It has no practical application
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    spectral confirmed for neighborhood cat killer
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I could see myself drunkenly posting that picture and also having no argument.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Shcrodgingers cat solved

*posts wariat nonce horse
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Fox It’s a thought experiment moron. It has no practical application

I've set up a physical representation.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I've set up a physical representation.

Explain it
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL

Explain this
    Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other.
    My experiment is called, -SpectraL's Cat.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other.

you literally copy and pasted this from wikipedia like you do with everything

quantum cringe
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sudo you literally copy and pasted this from wikipedia like you do with everything

quantum cringe

It was already well-worded!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Nice obbe. Was literally gonna say there is no way you just made that up.
    Originally posted by Fox It’s a thought experiment moron. It has no practical application

its an allegory.

if you see a man checking in into a motel with a little girl, do not ever attempt to open the door or peep inside, because in doing so you'd force the universe to make a choice for whats happening to her.

between nothing, and some very unkind things.

very, unkind.
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    there was never a question of "whether the cat is dead or alive".

The entire point of Schrödinger's cat is to illustrate that until you open the box and update the wavefunction, somehow the cat is in a superposition of both states, and we know cats can't be in a superposition of being dead or alive because those are discreet states defined by not being each other.

It's an attempt at reductio ad absurdum for the original Copenhagen interpretation that claimed that's how it worked.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny its an allegory.

if you see a man checking in into a motel with a little girl, do not ever attempt to open the door or peep inside, because in doing so you'd force the universe to make a choice for whats happening to her.

between nothing, and some very unkind things.

very, unkind.

Measurement is just measurement. If you don't open the door then technically she's in all those states at once.
    Originally posted by ORACLE Measurement is just measurement. If you don't open the door then technically she's in all those states at once.

every = none.

if your everything then your nothing.

if your asshole belongs to everyone then it belongs to none. free fuck for all.

therefore if the little girl is in everystate immaginable then shes in no state at all. nothing.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny every = none.

That makes no sense whatsoever and you are retarded

if your everything then your nothing.

if your asshole belongs to everyone then it belongs to none. free fuck for all.

therefore if the little girl is in everystate immaginable then shes in no state at all. nothing.

That's logically equivalent to saying that if zero people are fucking your asshole right now, all people are fucking your asshole right now.

But the difference between your history of anal relinquishment, and of condom mechanics is that the time evolution of the wave function doesn't stop until you make the observation.... I.e. all branches continue to evolve... I.e. infinite rape.

However collapsing it down to 1 branch, regardless of which branch it is, will destroy all the other branches and infinitely reduce the amount of rape behind the door.
    Originally posted by ORACLE That makes no sense whatsoever and you are retarded

That's logically equivalent to saying that if zero people are fucking your asshole right now, all people are fucking your asshole right now.

what you are and what's hapenning to you isnt the same thing.

Jump to Top