User Controls

Have you ever done any personality testing when applying for a job?

Anyone familiar with their MBTI personality type? If you are interested, I recommend this site https://www.truity.com/ It tr a true MBTI assessment. If you have taken personality type assessments for a job, more than likely you have taken something similar, but I have never been given the results - just the job.

I'm an INFJ - My first assessment was at a Career center when I was a little lost on what type of job I should seek. That was 25 or so years ago.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I took this test way too many times because I was a psych major, so I'll never take it again.

I think I was INFJ.

I don't know for sure though and I may never know because, as stated, I refuse to take this fucking test again under any circumstances.
    Whenever they have those stupid Do you feel strongly or whatever tests I just click randomly through them because it's gay

My personality type is INFP, same as my girlfriend.
    @ the man who put it in my hood: What is that up there? and how do you know that your MBTI type is INFP if you don't take an assessment - did you self assess to come to the INFP conclusion?

@ GADZ: why are you so bothered by it? It only takes 10-15 minutes?
    Yes I've done those...I give them zero credibility though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    rabbitweed African Astronaut
    Yes. I just lied and selected the answers that sounds like what a good worker would answer.

The company that gave me that test got half way through calling my references (happens all the time here) then the quarantine happened. They said they'd get in touch after lockdown but who knows what financial shape they are in.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by rabbitweed Yes. I just lied and selected the answers that sounds like what a good worker would answer.

Yup as do the vast majority of people..hence zero credibility.
    "Yes I would gladly sell my wife and children into slavery and all my belongings if it will help the company achieve it's goals".
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Yup as do the vast majority of people..hence zero credibility.

I guess if it's your goal to work for a company that does not value what you really bring to the table ... personally, I've always answered honestly ... I need to do my due diligence, so when things go south I have a clear conscientious.
    Originally posted by rabbitweed Yes. I just lied and selected the answers that sounds like what a good worker would answer.

The company that gave me that test got half way through calling my references (happens all the time here) then the quarantine happened. They said they'd get in touch after lockdown but who knows what financial shape they are in.

Just curious ... what kind of job was this?
    Originally posted by Stopffs I guess if it's your goal to work for a company that does not value what you really bring to the table … personally, I've always answered honestly … I need to do my due diligence, so when things go south I have a clear conscientious.

Companies don't have a conscience. The worse thing you can be at an interview/test is honest (I've done the hiring and firing at my last 3 jobs).

People know you are lying but they also like to see that you are willing to bend to the company will

"Have you ever had a negative issue with a supervisor or manager"?

LIE: " No never, I always try to get along with my work colleagues and if an issue does arise I will address it professionally and then defer to the managers decision"

HONESTY : "Yes but he was a complete twat"

The lie will get you hired.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Companies don't have a conscience. The worse thing you can be at an interview/test is honest (I've done the hiring and firing at my last 3 jobs).

People know you are lying but they also like to see that you are willing to bend to the company will

"Have you ever had a negative issue with a supervisor or manager"?

LIE: " No never, I always try to get along with my work colleagues and if an issue does arise I will address it professionally and then defer to the managers decision"

HONESTY : "Yes but he was a complete twat"

The lie will get you hired.

Yeah ... There is a way of being honest, without presenting yourself as an emotionally unstable retard.

Not everyone has to be concerned with lying in an interview either. Like my general work ethic, I easily draw on the positives in most situations.

But I was not referring to the interview ... I was referring to the MBTI test. I just used the Job testing intro to the thread, as a means to find out what the members personality types are.

I'm bored and human nature is my go to when I have time to ponder.

Also, I have had the good fortune to work for some really ethical and amazing companies and the worst of the worst.
    I've hired, trained, and fired over 200 people in my career - in 5 different industries.

The type of industry and your position do matter Jiggy - I've learned for myself, I don't need to be rich - just monetarily comfortable - But whom I work for is very important to me.
    The problem with personality tests or any written test is you don't know if the applicant is lying or not...hence it's worthless. YOU as the applicant might know but the employer doesn't.
    Jiggy I posted a link for an MBTI assessment - I'm not hiring. Some people on the planet are interested in learning more about themselves. Most likely not here, but hopefully if someone is interested in learning more about themselves ... they would not lie if they were taking the assessment for personal gain.
    On a simliar topic...when I was a young fella me lad and still in school we had a "careers officer"...and he would constantly drill into us "WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T MENTION MONEY AT YOUR INTERVIEW"...

So shortly after leaving school I applied for a job (which I don't remember what it was for) and the interviewer asked me

"What is a business to you, what is business".

Well I wanted to say "A way of making money" but the crap the Careers office drilled into me kicked in "Don't mention money"...so I said some bullshit like "it's when 2 parties come together to trade goods or services usually under a mutually agreeable contract"

The guy said "No, I think you're too young to understand, it's just a way to make money..."

Motherfucking careers officer...
    Octavian motherfucker
    Yeah my results said:

"Bi polar misgynist cunt, do not hire".

Mother-fucker! 😠
    Originally posted by Stopffs Jiggy I posted a link for an MBTI assessment - I'm not hiring. Some people on the planet are interested in learning more about themselves. Most likely not here, but hopefully if someone is interested in learning more about themselves … they would not lie if they were taking the assessment for personal gain.

Yes, I'm referring to the use of any such written test at job interviews etc.they are worthless in that context.
    Misterigh Houston
    I clearly have ASPD.

I am not sure if this type of test can help me in any way.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Misterigh I clearly have ASPD.

I am not sure if this type of test can help me in any way.

Not sure how they would help. You seem to know how regular human beings act, so i'd say nah.
    Originally posted by Stopffs @ the man who put it in my hood: What is that up there? and how do you know that your MBTI type is INFP if you don't take an assessment - did you self assess to come to the INFP conclusion?

@ GADZ: why are you so bothered by it? It only takes 10-15 minutes?

I have taken the test a few times I always get infp. Just not at work
Jump to Top