User Controls

Sex and coronavirus: Should you be intimate? With whom? 3 sexologists advise

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    The dos and don’ts for couples and singles.
    Don't touch each other! Stand a meter and a half apart!

Dr Elna Rudolph, a Joburg-based Clinical Head at My Sexual Health, says that as a single person, you are your safest sexual partner.

At a time like this, casual sex is extremely risky - even when taking all precautions. However, for couples, she advises each person to assess their level of risk when it comes to having sex with their partner.

"If your partner works daily with infected individuals, or is at high risk of contracting Covid-19, you and your partner have to decide if it's worth it to have sex."

Do we even want to have sex right now?
    Sex can be a welcome distraction, a stress reliever, an immune booster and a way to curb anxiety in a time of uncertainty, and boredom. However, on the flip side, depression and anxiety have been proved to have an adverse effect on libido.

In times of crisis, people respond differently around sexuality. We go into survival mode – some lose sexual desire while others feel a greater need for sexual release.

"Historically, in times of grave crises and trauma, people seek out the comfort of close intimate sexual relationships while others seek the surge of novelty, like random sexual encounters. So, it varies from person to person. Lockdown tests relationships to the most extreme measure," says Dr Marlene Wasserman, founder of the Dr. Eve brand.

What is safe sex right now?
    Dr Rudolph says that COVID-19 is not a sexually transmitted disease in terms of contracting the virus via sexual fluids. However, when you have sex, you are in proximity to someone's mouth.

Because saliva is such a big player during sex – kissing/a lubricant – the likelihood of getting infected or of infecting someone during intercourse is very high. Again, if you're in a couple and aren't in close contact with infected individuals daily, then sex between you and your lockdown partner is low risk.

READ MORE: Having casual sex? Here’s what to do if you start 'catching feelings'

What if one of you or both have COVID-19?
    "Although there are no set protocols on sexual health as yet, the message is that if one person in the household is symptomatic, or infected, they must be in quarantine in a separate room - that means separate bed linen, towels, eating utensils, etc.," says Dr Wasserman.

"And anyhow, they will feel too sick to feel sexual. However, many of us who are asymptomatic, will continue to be sexual and pass it on unknowingly."

What about anal sex?
    "Anal play and stimulation are big parts of many people's sexual play; however, it is very inadvisable at this point as the virus has a presence in faeces," says Jonti Searll, a Conscious Sexuality Practitioner at Eros Life.

https://www.w24.co.za/SelfCare/Love/Sex/sex-and-coronavirus-should-you-be-intimate-with-whom-3-sexologists-advise-20200405
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    tr1pl3_thr3@t African Astronaut [your inextricably aecial moniliaceae]
    I ain't paying any mind to some schmuck who tells me to limit my amount of casual sex. They should get a real degree, like Art History, or something.
    is incest acceptable in time of raging corona virus ?
    cigreting Dark Matter
    tl dr
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by cigreting tl dr

You don’t need to. You ain’t gettin any😁
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    Do it doggy for the moment

Sanitize your hog and hands 👍🏻
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Technologist You don’t need to. You ain’t gettin any😁

im quite aware that ive made that post several times on here thx for reminding me
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    What about anal sex?
    "Anal play and stimulation are big parts of many people's sexual play; however, it is very inadvisable at this point as the virus has a presence in faeces," says Jonti Searll, a Conscious Sexuality Practitioner at ἔρως Life.

The third homophobic virus of modern times; no wonder all of us here want to spread it.

I'll bet double the money I have, that if you peer into its RNA structure, you can see the word "faggot" emblazoned on the enclosure by some higher intelligence. And, very likely, researchers are worried that they can't release this information without being accused, thus the world has no idea that homosexuals are being targeted for extinction again: just like HIV and the Reagan mutation.

However, the prejudice that amuses us has forgotten its purpose, which is to scapegoat a group easy to disrespect because they have little power. We need the gays to perpetuate their subspecies, or we need to find a new scapegoat. Until then, we mustn’t discourage them from procreation, because we need little gay babies that promise us of a homophobic future where they will be convenient victims.

Dfg Tuskegee Airman [compulsively riposte the emigrant]
    Sex is not okay during COVID19, I think rape is okay. Do rape.
Jump to Top