User Controls

Are You Still Working? Are You Doing OK? Are Your Loved Ones OK?

stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Has Covid=19 caused you to lose your job? Do you consider it a temporary layoff or a permanent termination? What will you do to pay your bills and keep food on the table? Do you have a nest egg saved up? What do you consider your options? What will you do?

I have three kids and worry about them. I'll be OK because I'm already retired with my house paid for. My oldest is a loan officer and made over 6 figures last year. She tells me people have been driving her crazy with calls and problems recently. Her business is always going to be there although her income may decline appreciably. She had been looking at and contemplating moving into a larger home but decided to put that on hold for now.

My oldest son lives in Texas and works for just over minimum wage at a gas/convenience store. I worry about his contact with the public.

My youngest son just got his Millwright journeyman designation top pay raise and also made over six figures last year but he had to work a lot of ten and twelve hour days as well as weekends and out=of=town jobs. He has been laid off for the last two weeks.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Octavian motherfucker
    I hope you and yours stay safe.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    I am essential, so are my kids
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Originally posted by Octavian I hope you and yours stay safe.

Thank you. The same to you, sir.

How are you and yours doing?
    Technologist victim of incest
    Well I’m working. I go back to work on Thursday, after that I probably won’t go around my neighbors or friends, too worried about being a carrier.

After I go back I’ll take my clothes off in the garage, and get straight into the shower. I’d feel so guilty if I gave this to someone and they died 😔
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Honest question- with you and your youngest two children seemingly doing quite well monetarily, and your eldest child barely making min wage in a high contact work place that concerns you for his health, have you or your other two kids considered helping him out with some of those 6-figure salaries so that he doesn't have to risk his and others' health in order to keep making minimum wage?
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Tech, you are right. You can just keep sending me newds...for now.
    Netflxchillr African Astronaut
    temporary layoff doesn't have to equate to permanent termination.

Judicial/Court jobs are on temporary leave... but politics & crime isn't going nowhere. Bills will resume to being made & prosecuting crimes will, again, commence, once this all blows over.

Times are hard for most, that is certain not working. Me personally, i think a lot of peeps need to stop crying. Hell, we're even going to get a "hand-out" from the government...

My youngest kid's hours were cut- she's still on the schedule just no hours to work since she's in the restaurant industry. The same week they did... she went and was hired at the Super Target a mile from her house.

I guess i'm not understanding all the "end of times" mentality. Worst of the worst- People will DIE. The economy TANKS. TRUMP is re-elected but we'll get through it, won't we?

ffs...
    not to be a piss ant... but I for one don't like having a "doom/gloom" attitude. but that's just me. 🤷‍♀️

I'm lucky... i suppose all my kid's jobs haven't been affected like the one- but even then... she wasn't going to sit around and cry about cut hours.. she was resourceful thinking enough to get out there and get herself another job in the mean time. might be a lot harder now to do so- but you snooze you loose! imho
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    It's my middle child in Texas, but anyway, sibling rivalry doesn't work that way. He has distanced himself from the family.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by stl1 It's my middle child in Texas, but anyway, sibling rivalry doesn't work that way. He has distanced himself from the family.

Well that explains some of it I guess. Very well. Thank you.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by stl1 Thank you. The same to you, sir.

How are you and yours doing?

OK for now. We have periods of sneezing/ minor coughing bouts but I honestly don't think it is that.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    I hope it isn't.

Up to 200,000 deaths by Trump government estimates. It could end up being much higher. Not that Trump would ever lie or shit.
    frala Avant garde shartist
    Still working (100% remote now though). We are on our 3rd week of isolation. Still doing ok, but I’ve cried a lot bc this has been really hard to watch and I worry about everybody. Loved ones are ok as well. I have friends and family who are nurses with small kids so I worry about them the most.

I hope your oldest son stays safe.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Thank you, Frala. The best wishes to you and yours.
    Still working full hours and working from home is not an option, but I’ve temporarily been given my own office in a basically abandoned building since everyone else is working from home.

I paid off my house (valued roughly 275k) last year and I have over a hundred grand saved up. Obviously took a hit with the market, I’m down about 22% YTD, but it’s not like I planned to touch that money anytime soon. It’ll recover.

Or if it doesn’t, that means the world has ended and money is worthless anyway. In which case I have an arsenal of weapons, ammunition, and supplies stockpiled.

I’m not worried about a thing
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Good planning, Fox.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
Jump to Top