User Controls

Mecha's are stupid fucking childish bullshit

I was talking to my buddy and he wants to get his EE degree and design mech suits. Now I get "mechas" that are designed to do simple shit like allow a man to use pneumatic pumps and shit to lift an extreme amount of weight. I get the sort of logistical technichal purpose of a mecha but at that point it isnt a mecha. Its more of an robotic assist exoskeleton. Still kinda gay and as of yet not quite functional or practical. But it makes sense to me.

But these fucking people who think mecha will ever take any place in conventional warfare? People who think that at our current state it is not only possible but plausable to build a bipedal war suit? Get the fuck out with that shit. The first problem is power, the second weakness of joints the third is armor fourth speed fifth practicality sixth utility. I could go fucking on. My point being that mecha is fucking gay and it will never fucking happen so shut the fuck up with your deluded ass bullshit nigga.

Powersuits are legit tho.
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Warfare these days will be fought with bombs, drones, and taking civilian lives- it'll be a rare thing indeed for one side to actually meet up in combat with the opposition- its about taking ground and anymore your soldier is obsolete except to make a presence to the peasant class. People are sitting behind desks making calls to kill people with bombs rather than face to face combat anymore.. And why should that change?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Warfare these days will be fought with bombs, drones, and taking civilian lives- it'll be a rare thing indeed for one side to actually meet up in combat with the opposition- its about taking ground and anymore your soldier is obsolete except to make a presence to the peasant class. People are sitting behind desks making calls to kill people with bombs rather than face to face combat anymore.. And why should that change?

that's largely because there hasn't been a war between equally-well equipped forces for the last 70 years... it's easy to crush someone with drones and carriers when they have no effective way to respond to air power, but try it on someone who has the capability to drop stratospheric missiles on your carriers and ground your drones with em/microwave weapons and 'safe' standoff weapons aren't an option anymore
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    i thought it was for missing limbs
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump i thought it was for missing limbs

Nahhh man, mechas are different than mechanized prosthesis. I understand giving an amputee a new arm but its fucking gay to think that mechas will have a place in the world other than powered exoskeletons that allow people to lift a lot more weight than usual.
    battlemechs will definitely not work for combat. they are expensive, unstable as in much of their gravity is too hugh above their feet, making them easy to stumble, also they are quite a really easy target, because they are large and slow moving. you would see them from far away, shoot at the centre and you kill the pilot and the whole thing becomes useless. step on unstable soil, it stumbles and Id love to see it trying to get up again. also, how much energy would one require? theyd be limited to the extension of the power cable. maybe they can stay around the base and throw rocks and humvees or whatever against the enemy. why use those when a drone costing 1/10th of the money could do a lot more?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Bro, are you telling me I watched all that Gundam G for nothing? I'm never going to use Rock-Breaking Ultimate Sky-Shocking Fist in defense of glorious neo-nippon?

FUCK.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    we could have man sized suits, theoretically, if we could find a way to power them effectively.
    Lanny Bird of Courage

checkmate atheists
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    you know what? i think we're going to have mech's simply because we want them. we'll find an excuse. people will even die rather than fight in ways that obsolete mechs, out of a subconscious love of mechs that is natural to all humans.
    Esplender Tuskegee Airman [my gynecological profit-maximising katar]
    If you don't think Gundams, etc. Are cool as shit then ur a faget!!!1
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Esplender If you don't think Gundams, etc. Are cool as shit then ur a faget!!!1

Ain't that the truth.
    They would have no place in modern warfare of course.

That is, unless you could arm them with nuclear warheads.

Originally posted by aldra that's largely because there hasn't been a war between equally-well equipped forces for the last 70 years… it's easy to crush someone with drones and carriers when they have no effective way to respond to air power, but try it on someone who has the capability to drop stratospheric missiles on your carriers and ground your drones with em/microwave weapons and 'safe' standoff weapons aren't an option anymore

What war are you talking about?
    Originally posted by RisiR What war are you talking about?

Any war the US has fought since WW2
    Originally posted by Kolokol-1 Any war the US has fought since WW2

You mean like the Vietnam War, which they lost?
    Originally posted by Fox Paws You mean like the Vietnam War, which they lost?

Its more about the constant state of covert global warfare that didnt end after the second world war than any losses or successes. The problem seems to be that we are attacking countries in ways they cant really retaliate in any meaningful way.
    I meant the war with equally equipped forces that apparently took place 70 years ago.
    Originally posted by RisiR I meant the war with equally equipped forces that apparently took place 70 years ago.

Or at least that's what the jedis want you to think
    The future of warfare is drones, both aerial and ground based. For those rare operations where human personnel are required, exoskeletons.

Mechas are simply doomed due to the square cube law unfortunately, as cool as they would be.
Jump to Top