User Controls

Post Images for Acid Etching Masks

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Post images that'd look cool etched into a knife or metal in general. Detailed, high-contrast vector-type designs would be best. I'll post examples shortly

something like this would be cool as shit
    Originally posted by Fox

could work, don't care for the brand
    I was just kidding, this is just some random shit I found on google images
    Also, inb4 wariat
    lol I'm tempted to etch his fuckign pig-horse onto one of my knives for lulz but then I'd hate it and the cops would laugh at me if they caught me carrying it
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    if you can get that down to black + white with solid outlines I might
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra if you can get that down to black + white with solid outlines I might

Lol. I love you. Yiu know I cant do that. Plus it was a joke. I would look all distorted.
    just greytone a digital camo and be done with it.
    Originally posted by mmQ Lol. I love you. Yiu know I cant do that. Plus it was a joke. I would look all distorted.

I might
    What kind of steel are they made of. Your knives
    There are a lot of different kinds. The cheap ones and big bois are 440c or D2

I have a few in s35vn
    Spyderco are mostly cpm30v
    Japanese VG10 is nice
    I even have a few (small ones) in absurdly expensive m390

Oh and that novelty steel spyderco made by injectng nitrogen instead of carbon
    when are you going to start your own knive making.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny when are you going to start your own knive making.

Hopefully society collapses and people won't get mad at me for running an anvil and forge in the alley outside my apartment
    I was into metalworking for a little while. Mostly worked with silver though. Always wanted to try making a knife
    Originally posted by aldra Hopefully society collapses and people won't get mad at me for running an anvil and forge in the alley outside my apartment

i read a book back in my 10s where they teach people how to make knives out of band saws. the band saw steel are already springy and the only thing left to do is to cut them out, make the handles and etch them and maybe some heat treatment.

thats the thing i learnt this amazing etching process from. wax and acid are all it takes.
    Originally posted by Fox I was into metalworking for a little while. Mostly worked with silver though. Always wanted to try making a knife

why not swords.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny why not swords.

even better
Jump to Top