User Controls

The short career trajectories of "Soundcloud rappers" are unbridled capitalism at work

Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I say "unbridled" but they're taken out by other mechanismms of the same machine. Juice WRLD died while being searched (on a private jet) and YNW Melly killed his labelm8s he had known since childhood. The freedom capitalism affords makes people think they're invincible to those who seem to hold less power, until something as small as a pill can kill a talent such a lil pipsqueak. The same system that created, elevated and lionized these artists also cut them down. We need to remind rappers the rules do apply to them and they are just a slightly more significant being to the overarching systems of power in the universe. Freedom is subjective but the raw brutality of capitalism and the systems of power at play are always very, very real
    Jackrabbitpsych African Astronaut
    I sang Gangsters Paradise ONCE and I'm surprised that the song itself did not implode from the total blonde white girl I puked all over it

My point I can't rap
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitpsych I sang Gangsters Paradise ONCE and I'm surprised that the song itself did not implode from the total blonde white girl I puked all over it

My point I can't rap

what a mundane story that no one asked you to volunteer. Not everything is about you and thankfully so
    Originally posted by Sudo what a mundane story that no one asked you to volunteer. Not everything is about you and thankfully so

Totally all about me. Who the fuck else would it be about ? You? I don't know you.

Good Lord and I'm supposed to be the idiot smh
    Octavian motherfucker
    the logistics of rap now is universal accessibility and communicability then idealizing a lifestyle of hedonism with introspection (the weeknd does this well but isn't dead because he's a nice boy from the GTA). The desire to be part of the machine eventually results in becoming a cog in it, which is why every second album is shittier. And then they die.
    They can count single digits in in rap music now ....billion dollar songs of uneducated counting
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitpsych They can count single digits in in rap music now ….billion dollar songs of uneducated counting

shut the fuck up retard
    Originally posted by Sudo shut the fuck up retard

You totally suck ....it is awesome lol
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Speaking of Soundcloud/Youtube rappers. I dig what Crypt is doing. He's taking smaller artists with independent fan bases and puts them on a Cypher together. Like an independent label almost. It's smart. Everyone is generally good, the cross exposure pays. Therefore they have 'label loyalty'. Like Quadeca blew up into the million subs, but if someone from 'the label' wants to collab he's down.

Like just before he broke a million he did a collab with Joey Nato. Which was dope.
    Originally posted by Sophie Speaking of Soundcloud/Youtube rappers. I dig what Crypt is doing. He's taking smaller artists with independent fan bases and puts them on a Cypher together. Like an independent label almost. It's smart. Everyone is generally good, the cross exposure pays. Therefore they have 'label loyalty'. Like Quadeca blew up into the million subs, but if someone from 'the label' wants to collab he's down.

Like just before he broke a million he did a collab with Joey Nato. Which was dope.

You're right. That's fucking brilliant
    Originally posted by Sophie Speaking of Soundcloud/Youtube rappers. I dig what Crypt is doing. He's taking smaller artists with independent fan bases and puts them on a Cypher together. Like an independent label almost. It's smart. Everyone is generally good, the cross exposure pays. Therefore they have 'label loyalty'. Like Quadeca blew up into the million subs, but if someone from 'the label' wants to collab he's down.

They do that at the BET awards every year which has a much bigger exposure than Crypt. I remember seeing one with the ASAP crew back in the day before they were big and I was like "who tf are all these people with ASAP in their names?"

That's basically all part of the same thang, a more powerful entity blesses them with the spotlight and allows the public to make a choice. It's more organic that way but still part of DA MASHEEN
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    wat u sayin that these men were the victim of managers pushing a certain image, having these fools make irrational decisions in a bid to realize the ideal promoted by their art but ultimately just a marionette dancing to sound of market demands?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Octavian motherfucker
    Seriously thinking of going HAM. Wish I had weapons.
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    the only rapper you need in ur life is wax:

I want to write a series of articles about this subject and try to sell it to someone
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Quadeca dropped a new track.

Damn this is fire.
    Hard not to think about this

1. Be born into poor socioeconomic conditions

2. Use poetry (a 0 capital startup with no barrier of entry) to make millions articulating the socioeconomic struggles of your mileu and the desire for material possessions

3. Get killed by other impoverished individuals either out of jealousy or in an attempt to reappropriate your material possessions

I feel like I could write a second year economics textbook about how hoods are the means of production of music so capitalism necessitates jealousy and "just when I think I'm out they keep pulling me back in"
    Octavian. Houston
    Any rapper post 2005 is irrelevant. They all seem to die quickly which is also good.
    cryptographiccontrarian African Astronaut
    these niggas out here selling they souls to satan for a quick 15 minutes of fame SMDH at least back in the day niggaz got a career out of it shit
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top