User Controls

rackmount computer

snab_snib African Astronaut
    so i've got one of these 15lb radiators

and i've been dwelling on how to securely connect it to a computer. i think i'm gonna get a 4u rack chassis, drill a couple holes in the bottom, and mount the radiator on a rack shelf below the computer chassis. it's for a delidded 8086k in a supermicro board. i might get a titan x and waterblock while i'm at it. buy a carpeted 8u rack cabinet with castors. above it, i'll put the custom rackmount breakout boxes for my Digigram VX882e linear PCM servo balanced lab grade sound interface cards.

maybe even get a bigger cabinet, and put my lenovo D30 dual socket xeon E5-2687W V2 watercooled server boards with 128gb ram in there, too, kind of centralize everything.

and then i'll put it in the closet and forget it exists because i don't even play video games or do anything with computers and i've been working so much me and my friends haven't jammed in a while.

but i've got to do something with the giant radiator, reservoir, 8086k chip, supermicro motherboard, pair of E5-2687W chips, lenovo dual socket board, pair of 1000 watt psu's, and 160gb of ram sticks, and pair of 2500 dollar soundcards. i wish computers didn't exist.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    use it to play minecraft.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    lol wtf why

at first look I thought it was a car radiator
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    if you put it on the bottom of the server I'd make sure there's nothing underneath it; if you've got other server equipment below the heat will rise into the radiator and reduce efficiency. maybe mount the radiator on the outside of the enclosure and run the tubing in. with a radiator that size you could potentially run a single loop to cool multiple computers
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Looks pretty good gay
    Originally posted by aldra lol wtf why

at first look I thought it was a car radiator

it's about the size of the radiator that was on my 1999 geo metro.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by snab_snib it's about the size of the radiator that was on my 1999 geo metro.

Lies
    actually now that i look it up, you're right... the radiator on my metro was smaller. and thinner.

https://www.carparts.com/details/Chevrolet/Metro/Replacement/Radiator/1999/LSi/P1732.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=9089238426&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu6fzBRC6ARIsAJUwa2QLCq3lO7CmUtsvaCZuT4iETgHZH-Xn2fXsAtQw2B_NwykjOlMaqJAaAjN6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Jump to Top