User Controls

the trs 100 and osbourne 1 laptops

Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    anyone know if these things would still be usedul today fo anything? like wordproxessing on the go in your local coffee shop or something as you bust one out?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    you could hook a standard arduino/esp board up to a display and have more processing power nowadays
    but it wouldnt be portable and you wouldnt look like a badass hipster at starbucks busting on of these retro vitnage laptops out would ya? and thst is the whole point the hipster aspect of them.
    The TRS-100 would be difficult to do anything productive with even if it didn't have such a small LCD (yes LCD, not TFT that gets called LCD nowadays) screen, and the osborne is like 15kg without much more in terms of capability
    like I said. word processing and 14.4k online access?
    woulndt they still be useful for journalists?
    I'm going to build a circuit that gives me an electric shock every time I try to respond to one of your threads seriously
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    but you havent answered my wuestion about why they wouldnt be useful for journalists doing interviews and note twking on the go or word processing have you?
    speaking of which what about the original mac powerbook? would it be useful today? also they should make a windows 10 version stripped down to make it compatible with compaq tc1100 and other legcay systems and tablets that were ahead of their time.
Jump to Top