User Controls

Let me vent about one of my two jobs

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Usually I don't bitch or whine about anything, in real life or on the internet, but this is a special circumstance. I have two jobs, one is part-time in retail, just three days a week, and I've worked there about a year and a half. The other job is in a metal shop, a small company, full-time, pays a couple dollars more an hour than my retail job, and I've been there about seven months.

The job I'd like to bitch about is the metal shop job. I started out knowing from the very beginning that it was only going to be a temporary job, but I of course told them that I would eventually quit my retail job(which I knew wasn't true). The problem with this job, is the people. I mean, it has no benefits(except a few paid holidays, no sick time, no vacation, no health/dental), but that's tolerable if the job is good. The people ruin it.

There is one guy, out of three others that is cool because he simply does his job and keeps to himself. He puts his headphones on and works away and can't hear all of the drama and crying. I would do this as well, except that the general manager decided I'd make a great supervisor. Why? I have no clue. I usually keep to myself, don't really care to much about the job except for my paycheck, and couldn't care less about others whining.

The other two guys are problematic. One is the stepson of the owner, a 17 year old high school dropout, who believes that child prostitution should be legal. He is always crying and bitching about everything including that I'm a shitty supervisor(which I agree) and never shuts the fuck up. He thinks he is good with math, but he's always making calculation mistakes.

The other guy has done this type of work his whole life and bitches everyday about how he is going to quit and how he's pissed at the owner(which he's known for a long time). He worked for the owner at the owners previous company(doing the same thing) and when the owner lost the company due to a divorce, the owner yanked a bunch of funds and didn't pay anyone. This guy is unstable. I have no idea what kind of mood he'll be in. He's happy one minute, and then he's pissed off throwing shit around and storming out of the place.

To make matters worse, the owner is definitely a shady person. He keeps on opening up new businesses, doing the same type of work, all to avoid legal problems. Apparently there is some loophole where business owners can avoid lawsuits by just shutting down their business. He opens up a new one afterwards though. There are shitload of bad(one star) reviews for all of the previous(and current) business he has opened.

Also, the owner has a brother that works there, who is a registered sex offender for raping a mentally retarded girl. This guy goes into customers houses and these people have no idea that they have a rapist inside their homes.

So I'm going to turn in my two weeks notice at this shit hole but was wondering if I'm just being a little bitch or if this is truly a shitty job.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Sounds like they're a bunch of faggots and you would do well not associating with them.
    It doesn't sound that bad
    Alright, so how do I turn in a two weeks notice? I know it's easy, but I've only done it twice because I usually get fired to collect unemployment but I can't collect unemployment because I still have a retail job that I can go full-time at.

I was thinking that I'd walk up to my manager, on a Friday(so that my last day is on a Friday) and tell him that I'd like to talk with him. I'd start off by saying that I've been thinking a lot about the job and that I don't think it's a good fit for me. I'd then let him know that I've giving him my two weeks notice and hand him the below letter. I would then ask if he wants me to stay for those two weeks. If he tries to talk about what I don't like about the job, which I think he will(because it's going to be a bitch for them to keep anyone around...before me, everyone quit after like a month), I'm not going to actually tell him that I don't like the people I work with. I'll just say that I'm looking for something else and that I'm going to go full-time at my retail job(which I wont because I want to be part-time for more computer-time (: ).

Obviously I wont talk shit about anyone in my last two weeks.

Sally Brumice Theodore
    1234 Abc ST
    City, State, 123456
    (123)456-7890
    Sally@theodore.com

October 22, 2016

Shitty Shop Job
    Supervisor?
    678 Dirty ST
    City, State, Zip Code

Dear Mr. Manager,

I am writing to announce my resignation from Shitty Shop Job, effective two weeks from this date.

This was not an easy decision to make. The past seven months have been very rewarding. I've enjoyed working for you and thank you for the opportunities for growth that you have provided me.

I wish you and the company all the best. If I can be of any help during the transition, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Your Signature (hard copy letter)

Sally Brumice Theodore

Any advice?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    TITS or Two Weeks Notice for your internet access Sally Theodore.
    Just start doing lots of meth and make them fire you and get government paid medical leave for mental illness from doing lots of meth and take a year off
    Just start doing lots of meth and make them fire you and get government paid medical leave for mental illness from doing lots of meth and take a year off

I had considered quiting the retail job and then getting fired to collect unemployment, but I honestly would have to make it obvious that I'm trying to get fired. They are really leanent due to all of the problems they have.
    Oh my god I'm still working at this shit hole but I think the owner doesn't like me. So the chances of me getting fired goes up. I literally work as slow as possible and make mistakes.

Fucking employers.
    The boss guy sounds fine actually...
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I literally work as slow as possible and make mistakes.

I do the opposite of this and im happy
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    Become confrontational with the shop cucks and assert your way to the top.

Do you ever think back and wish you were still in one of your other jobs like the cold storage fork driving?
    Originally posted by Panthrax Become confrontational with the shop cucks and assert your way to the top.

Do you ever think back and wish you were still in one of your other jobs like the cold storage fork driving?

Fuck no, that job was shit. But the pay was great.
    Merlin Houston
    Convince your boss to make the rapist the manager then you can fuck off and ignore all the drama. Or if he just made you the manager with more responsibilities and no extra pay ask for more gibs.
Jump to Top