User Controls

Dutch Scientists propose enormous €500bn dam enclosing North Sea

  1. #1
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]


    This is a pretty wild scale of engineering, but the evidence suggests that sea level rise will entirely fuck them up otherwise.

    nb4 spectral tells us that jesus told the good aliens that climate change is a chinese plot to destroy donald trump
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  2. #2
    earthquakes and the damm bursts.

    millions are wash away.
  3. #3
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny earthquakes and the damm bursts.

    millions are wash away.

    You could say that about the current dykes.
  4. #4
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Here is a question for all you idiots who say the sea levels will rise when if caps melts. Have you ever poured water over a glass of ice? Hint. Water expands when frozen and contracts when it melts.
  5. #5
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Here is a question for all you idiots who say the sea levels will rise when if caps melts. Have you ever poured water over a glass of ice? Hint. Water expands when frozen and contracts when it melts.

    Yes, and that is irrelevant. As ice melts from land it turns into water which flows to the sea.

    Sea levels have been rising for around 5000 years so far, and will just keep on doing so.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  6. #6
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Yes, and that is irrelevant. As ice melts from land it turns into water which flows to the sea.

    Sea levels have been rising for around 5000 years so far, and will just keep on doing so.

    There is no land at the north pole.
  7. #7
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker There is no land at the north pole.

    Here is a respirator mask.
  8. #8
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Here is a respirator mask.

    Why do I need one? Are you talking shit?
  9. #9
    Fox African Astronaut
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny earthquakes and the damm bursts.

    millions are wash away.

    Yeah, in China. Chinks suck at building stuff.
  10. #10
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Basically the Netherlands want to use the UK as a giant dike.
  11. #11
    Fox African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Here is a question for all you idiots who say the sea levels will rise when if caps melts. Have you ever poured water over a glass of ice? Hint. Water expands when frozen and contracts when it melts.

    This is why climate change deniers would do well to educate themselves on even the most basic scientific reasoning behind the theory, even if they’re not smart enough to understand the complicated parts.

    Much of the ice on earth is on land. Antarctica is a land mass that sits above sea level and has an ice sheet on top of it like a mile thick. If it melts it’ll pour into the ocean. If all the ice in Antarctica melted it would raise the oceans by like 60 meters. This is what that would look like:



    You really think actual scientists didn’t think of something they teach in 1st grade? That you just figured something out that no one else could? Anyone else saying something this retarded I would think they were trolling.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  12. #12
    Splam African Astronaut
    Should be doable. You already have lots of land below sea level. Such as the land surrounding the Caspian Sea.

    The levees would be made out of dirt and earth, would be too wide for an earthquake wouldn't shake it. Basically inserting a mountain chain around England.

    Draining the baltic sea would cause the sea to rise elsewhere, I'm sure. Perhaps make an ice mountain on Antarctica with the additional water. Or send it to the moon. Also you're landlocking Sweden, Poland, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, and Finland. The added land value could very well offset the costs of loosing their ports.
  13. #13
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Fox This is why climate change deniers would do well to educate themselves on even the most basic scientific reasoning behind the theory, even if they’re not smart enough to understand the complicated parts.

    Much of the ice on earth is on land. Antarctica is a land mass that sits above sea level and has an ice sheet on top of it like a mile thick. If it melts it’ll pour into the ocean. If all the ice in Antarctica melted it would raise the oceans by like 60 meters. This is what that would look like:



    You really think actual scientists didn’t think of something they teach in 1st grade? That you just figured something out that no one else could? Anyone else saying something this retarded I would think they were trolling.

    So new ground would be uncovered and available for use. Hmm sounds like the same shit that happened for millions upon millions of years.
  14. #14
    Fox African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker So new ground would be uncovered and available for use. Hmm sounds like the same shit that happened for millions upon millions of years.

    Yeah, good luck colonizing Antarctica with that massive hole in the ozone layer down there. Everyone living there would get skin cancer.

    Not to mention, you know, the entire east coast of the US will be underwater: New York City, Washington DC, the entire state of Florida, etc. 40% of the world’s population live in coastal cities.

    Hmm sounds like something that’s never happened before in human history and will have devastating effects.
  15. #15
    Splam African Astronaut
    We could use hoses and pumps to put the ice back into the centre of antarctica. Maybe build a huge mountain that reaches up 300k feet. That's where we'll store our water reserve.

    Originally posted by Fox Not to mention, you know, the entire east coast of the US will be underwater: New York City, Washington DC, the entire state of Florida, etc. 40% of the world’s population live in coastal cities.

    It's not the coast anymore if it's underwater. Fucking good. All those coastal cities are just yuppie paradises anyways. Welcome to the farm, boyz!
  16. #16
    Fox African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Splam We could use hoses and pumps to put the ice back into the centre of antarctica. Maybe build a huge mountain that reaches up 300k feet. That's where we'll store our water reserve.

    Better yet just build a wall around Antarctica to stop the water from coming here! BUILD THAT WALL
  17. #17
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Fox Yeah, good luck colonizing Antarctica with that massive hole in the ozone layer down there. Everyone living there would get skin cancer.

    Not to mention, you know, the entire east coast of the US will be underwater: New York City, Washington DC, the entire state of Florida, etc. 40% of the world’s population live in coastal cities.

    Hmm sounds like something that’s never happened before in human history and will have devastating effects.

    Except it's all a lie.
  18. #18
    Fox African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Splam It's not the coast anymore if it's underwater. Fucking good. All those coastal cities are just yuppie paradises anyways. Welcome to the farm, boyz!

    I’ll be dead by the time it happens anyway, if it happens, so it’s not like I give a shit.
  19. #19
    Fox African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Except it's all a lie.

    Source???
  20. #20
    Speedy Parker Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Fox Source???

    Your mom
Jump to Top