User Controls

Dumb & Stupid Bullshit. Idea for a software

I just did one of these 80 question pieces of shit for a totally different store and now Walmart wants me to do another one. Fuck that.

what the hell happened to the economy because in 2009 I used to shoot people emails and cover letters and talk to HR and phone calls but now its all these lame online forms and surveys.

I need a piece of software that I can put in all my info and when I get to a page like this it puts in my city, postal code and auto fills out the survey for me. That would be the best software ever.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I could probably make this software. I do seem to remember that you wanted to learn how to program right? This seems like an awesome opportunity to learn muh nig. How about it? I'll even help you get started and troubleshoot and stuff.
    They put test questions to see if you actually read them.
    But its the same website redirection for 3-4 different stores and its the same questions. I have read them so many times I am designing software to answer them for me.

Yeah how the hell do I make a software like this. I will press a button and it sees the word "City" "Postal Code" on the web page it will auto fill the box with whatever I tell it to.

And it will read these dumb ass questions and select the correct answer "strongly agree/disagree". I don't even know where I would start to make something like this.

ALSO THOSE FUCKING "CHECK all boxes of hours available" and there are 30 little boxes to click and no "any or all time/day" box. Im so sick of wasting my time on this crap.

If they want to hire a robot so bad I will become a robot.

All I know is it needs read certain words/phrases and be able to interact with very simple HTML like buttons and boxes
    i must have filled out this info 100 times already. Gonna add a smiling picture of me and my cat just like Bill Krozby did.

But its the same website redirection for 3-4 different stores and its the same questions. I have read them so many times I am designing software to answer them for me.

Yeah how the hell do I make a software like this. I will press a button and it sees the word "City" "Postal Code" on the web page it will auto fill the box with whatever I tell it to.

And it will read these dumb ass questions and select the correct answer "strongly agree/disagree". I don't even know where I would start to make something like this.

ALSO THOSE FUCKING "CHECK all boxes of hours available" and there are 30 little boxes to click and no "any or all time/day" box. Im so sick of wasting my time on this crap.

If they want to hire a robot so bad I will become a robot.

All I know is it needs read certain words/phrases and be able to interact with very simple HTML like buttons and boxes

Good luck making a program that will literally comprehend text on a screen. The answers will have to be pre-programmed into the software. What we can do however is have the program comprehend HTML/Javascript. You start by getting everything you need to run and write python. Since you're on windows you should download Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ next up you download the python interpreter https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2....7.12.amd64.msi

When you get the option to set python to the environment variables you will click the little bawx so that it's checked.

After everything is installed you go to a directory, let's say C:\Users\MrHappy\PythonPractice and you're going to make a new text file. Call it helloworld.py, open it with notepad++ and hammer the following text.

print "Hello World!"

Type it don't copypasta, you need to remember this. Save the file. Are you ready? Click that fat round windows start icon and search for cmd.exe to open up a commandline. Type in the following command.

REM 'color a' is essential in this lesson, also ignore this line, in the windows shell REM means REMARK, it's how you comment batch files.

color a

cd C:\Users\MrHappy\PythonPractice

helloworld.py

If your commandline just spit out "Hello World!" in greentext.

Congratulations recruit. You have reached Rank 2 "Skid".

[SIZE=28px]1. Managing Modules[/SIZE]

Python is like coding with cheat mode on. There's a lot of work that will be done for us, a module is a program that we can borrow functionality from. For our purpose, we will need a module to interact with websites. There's an awesome module for this and it's called Mechanize. To get a module that is not preinstalled with the interpreter setup you downloaded you can use Python's built in package manager called pip.

Open up a commandline and enter the following commands.

REM 'color a' is optional in this lesson
    REM PROTIP: be a rebel today and try color b for a change

cd C:\Python27\Scripts

pip install mechanize

If all went well your commandline will tell you that it has successfully installed the proper module. Sophie's top tip of the day: When in doubt about the syntax or functionality of a module, check out the docs for some light reading. https://docs.python.org/2/ If the docs don't have the answer, stackoverflow will https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/python

Remember, if you can think of it, someone else has made a module for it.

[SIZE=28px]2. Import Statements & Syntax[/SIZE]

Today we will learn about import statements and some basic syntax. Like mentioned in the previous lesson in python we use modules to borrow all sorts of functionality for our own program. In IT being lazy is called being efficient however being efficient doesn't necessarily involve being lazy. To use a module in python we import it or we import parts of it. Make a textfile called importsandstuff.py and open it up in notepad++. Hammer out the following.

# REEEEE! in python, we comment with hashtags, ignore this line, the interpreter will do so as well
    # shebang lines are a special case but you need not concern yourself with that at this point in time

# here we will import our module called datetime
    import datetime

# the program would be pretty useless if all we did was import a module so let's do something with it
    # let's hammer out a variable called 'timestamp' and assign a value to it.

timestamp = datetime.datetime.now()
    print timestamp

Ok hold on to your pants it's about to get technical. The variable 'timestamp' has been assigned the value of datetime.datetime.now(). datetime.now() is a function from the 'datetime' module that returns the current date and time. Makes sense right? So what we are telling the interpreter here is basically this: From the module 'datetime' go to the class called 'datetime' and call the function 'now()'. Once you understand this principle, the world of Python will make a lot more sense.

Ok, so now that you know that go ahead and CD to your PythonPractice directory and run the script.

cd C:\Users\MrHappy\PythonPractice

importsandstuff.py

If your commandline just spit out the current date and time everything went well.

Closing notes on import statements.

There are several ways to import things in python. The most common is simply import [module_name]. If you wish to import a specific class from a module you can do the following in example.

from datetime import datetime

Now you have just the class imported and you could assing your variable thusly: timestamp = datetime.now() Alternatively you can make an alias for your module like so.

import datetime as dt

Now the syntax is dt.datetime.now(), are you starting to see a pattern? Lastly you can also do wildcard imports.

from datetime import *

This is bad practice though so don't do it, or you will bring great shame upon your python dojo. Go ahead and take the code snippet from before and change up the way you do imports to get familiar with it. If you consistently get the date and time when you run the script, then congratulations.

[SIZE=20px]"The Force Awakens"[/SIZE]

This all might seem irrelvant to what you are trying to accomplish, but trust me you need to know the basics, it will benefit you greatly in moving on to different programs and modules and such. If you enjoyed this read i would be happy to continue later.
    Good luck making a program that will literally comprehend text on a screen. The answers will have to be pre-programmed into the software.

I can understand how this wont work for the above image because there is no static text on the page its those floating words in the boxes that disappear when you start typing, easily made in HTML. But for something like this where the text can be read by a machine could I make a thing that goes like.

{if word="First Name" add to {box next to it} ANSWER"ZONGO"
    {if word="Last Name" add to {box next to it} ANSWER"BONGO"
    {if word="City" add to {box next to it} ANSWER"ZONGOVILLE"

but If the program could read HTML somehow it would know the content of the floating word boxes because its in the code, first name,location ,email, etc.
    It would probably be easier to code something that reads HTML rather than something that scans for words and fills out boxes. Isn't this exactly what bots do? make 100 fake accounts with fake information? I need one to enter in real information to make real accounts.

I just remembered I have done hello world in python before because I was learning this engine

https://www.renpy.org/
    I'm happy you at least appreciate the first sentence of the post that literally took one hour to write. FAGGOT

Also mechanize just parses web pages nigger. This is exactly how i wrote muh spambot.

import os
    import sys
    import random
    import mechanize
    import time
    import string

# Mechanize browser and set user agent
    br = mechanize.Browser()
    br.set_handle_robots(False)
    br.addheaders = [('user-agent', ' Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3'),
    ('accept', 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8')]

def login():
    print "[+]Logging in."

try:
    br.open("http://www.exampleforums.org/forums/login.php?do=login")
    except Exception as e:
    print "\nCould not open target URL, please reference the error message below: "
    print
    print e

# Select first form(login form) and set values to the credentials -
    # of the account made in advance for spamming purposes
    br.form = list(br.forms())[0]
    br["vb_login_username"] = "username"
    br["vb_login_password"] = "password"

# Submit values for username and password fields
    response = br.submit()

print "\n[+]Response:"
    print
    print response
    print
    print "[+]Selecting random URL by page/thread ID"

# Call function to start posting
    post()

# Function to generate a random string of digits to replace the original page/thread ID
    def digit_generator(size=5, chars=string.digits):
    return ''.join(random.choice(chars) for _ in range(size))

def post():
    try:
    while True:
    random_url = "http://www.exampleforums.org/forums/operating-systems/linux-1" + digit_generator(5, "0987654321") + ".html"
    print
    print "[+]Selected URL:"
    print
    print random_url

br.open(random_url)

# Reset 'random_url' value to null
    random_url = ""

# Select 'vbform' which is the name of the quick reply form -
    # if not present we've either been banned or are otherwise -
    # unable to post in this thread
    try:
    br.select_form("vbform")
    except:
    print "\n[!]Could not find quick reply form. Unable to post on page"
    print "\n[+]Consider inspecting selected URL manually in your browser"

choice = raw_input("Retry? Y/n: ")

if "y" in choice:
    print "\nRetrying"
    login()
    elif "n" in choice:
    print "\nQuitting"
    break
    else:
    print "\nUnhandled option, quitting"
    break

print "\nPosting message"

# Message to spam
    br["message"] = "Spam goes here"

# Set values for checkbox control where needed
    try:
    br[quickreply] = 1
    br[forcepost] = 1
    except:
    pass

response = br.submit()

print "\n[+]Response: "
    print
    print response
    print
    print "[+]Message was posted succesfully"

# Handle CTRL+C
    except KeyboardInterrupt:
    print "[!]CTRL+C Caught, quitting"
    time.sleep(2)
    sys.exit(0)

login()

I'm happy you at least appreciate the first sentence of the post that literally took one hour to write. FAGGOT

No, the stuff after hello world I didn't know. So thank you for all that info, I will put it to good use. I wont forget you when I make a visual novel in python and become rich and famous from it.

I'm trying to figure out how to reverse engineer your spam bot code for my own nefarious job searching purposes though.
    No, the stuff after hello world I didn't know. So thank you for all that info, I will put it to good use. I wont forget you when I make a visual novel in python and become rich and famous from it.

I'm trying to figure out how to reverse engineer your spam bot code for my own nefarious job searching purposes though.

You ponder that for a while and i'll go to bed, tomorrow i'll return and write some more. Get the interpreter, get notepad++ and just try stuff. It's the best way to learn. See you tomorrow.
    But its still Friday night nigga! It ain't Saturday until you fall asleep
    But its still Friday night nigga! It ain't Saturday until you fall asleep

Yeah but time zones though. Anyway i am back, i have the feeling Lanny is going to come into this thread any moment now and he's going to tell us to use Beautiful Soup instead of Mechanize and it's an option i am keeping on the table but for simplicity's sake we'll try to keep it with mechanize for now.

Ok, what would you like me to do? Focus on your project or do another write-up on programming basics? In any event if you have the interpreter and mechanize installed there are some preparations you need to make in order to get some info on how mechanize 'sees' the web page. So this is what you do.

Make a new textfile and call it form_enum.py open it in notepad++ and hammer out the following. I'll comment on what the different pieces of code do in the script.

# import our mechanize module
    import mechanize

# here we create a browser object
    br = mechanize.Browser()
    # this code means we are going to ignore robots.txt, because fuck the police
    br.set_handle_robots(False)
    # here we are assigning a user agent to our script, because the standard python one may be blocked for fear of spam
    br.addheaders = [('user-agent', ' Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3'),
    ('accept', 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8')]

# this opens our url of choice
    br.open("http://niggasin.space/forum/specialty-forums/money-money-money/133341-dumb-stupid-bullshit-idea-for-a-software")

# here we have a loop to iterate over the forms available on the web page and for each form print it's name and controls
    for form in br.forms():
    print "Form name:", form.name
    print form

When you start this script from the commandline it's going to give you this result.

Form name: None
    <GET http://niggasin.space/search application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    <TextControl(q=)>
    <SubmitButtonControl(<None>=) (readonly)>
    <CheckboxControl(searchFields[title_only]=[1])>
    <CheckboxControl(searchFields[channel][]=[49])>
    <SubmitButtonControl(<None>=) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(searchJSON=) (readonly)>>
    Form name: toolbar-search-form
    <toolbar-search-form POST http://niggasin.space/activity/get application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    <HiddenControl(nodeid=133341) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(view=thread) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(per-page=15) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(pagenum=1) (readonly)>
    <TextControl(q=)>
    <SubmitButtonControl(btnSearch=) (readonly)>>
    <GET http://niggasin.space/forum/specialty-forums/money-money-money/133341-dumb-stupid-bullshit-idea-for-a-software application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    <HiddenControl(<None>=1) (readonly)>
    <TextControl(page=1)>>
    <POST http://niggasin.space/activity/get application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    <HiddenControl(nodeid=133341) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(view=thread) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(nolimit=1) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(per-page=15) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(pagenum=1) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(userid=0) (readonly)>
    <HiddenControl(showChannelInfo=1) (readonly)>
    <RadioControl(enhancement_time=[*time_all, time_today, time_lastweek, time_lastmonth])>
    <RadioControl(enhancement_show=[*show_all, vBForum_Text, vBForum_Gallery, vBForum_Video, vBForum_Link, vBForum_Poll])>>

This is how mechanize sees the forms on the forum. Through interacting with the forms we can automate what we are trying to do. Change the niggas in space link to one of the questionnaire links and have the scripts iterate over the forms that are available. To control what we are doing on the website we are going to have to tell the script which forms to interact with and where to input data by means of the form controls.

Go ahead and iterate through a questionnaire page's forms and post the results and/or the link here as well.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    i wil fill da form for 50p dbt wory about da code
    i wil fill da form for 50p dbt wory about da code

Learning a skill is an asset paying someone to do something is a cost.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

might be worth giving a try if the forms are all laid out similarly

I use keepass for work, secure and light
    http://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

might be worth giving a try if the forms are all laid out similarly

I use keepass for work, secure and light

Why not go ahead and use macros for the questionnaire then.

http://imacros.net/download

More control over the process this way i'd reckon.
    if I wasn't so busy looking for a job I would practice this programming stuff a lot more, but thank you again for the info Sophie. I will try to learn this stuff when I have some free time. can't even play video games lately D:
    if I wasn't so busy looking for a job I would practice this programming stuff a lot more, but thank you again for the info Sophie. I will try to learn this stuff when I have some free time. can't even play video games lately D:

That's alright, make a thread when you have the time. I'd be happy to write more stuff down.
    The main things I need to learn are Python and C# to make a vidya game. I used to have a hacker friend years ago that also said python is the best to learn.
    The main things I need to learn are Python and C# to make a vidya game. I used to have a hacker friend years ago that also said python is the best to learn.

If you have little experience with programming python is great to start with. What's more there's even modules for game dev in python. Beyond that, you will get acquainted with programming principles that will carry through when learning other languages, like functions and classes and if/else statements, loops, etcetera.
Jump to Top