User Controls

Where do u guys buy your bitcoin?

theres a bitcoin atm in my area im bout to head over there and check it out. If not for that id do mail in cash thru localbitcoins
    Uhh as a person who has spent $1000's on BTC using LBC please don't do a cash/mail thing LOL.. Just send the money through the bank dude.

I met a guy in 2012 on localbitcoins and he's been my "dealer" ever since. The entire transaction should never take longer than an hour.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    libertyx

circle

coinbase

wesellcrypto.com (hold off on this place, I want to confirm that they are still exchanging for bitcoin, they may have stopped)

Why not do the localbitcoins bank deposit thing? You just deposit the money in the sellers account, show them proof, then get your coins. I think LBC even has a sort of escrow thing going on.
    Ok I just confirmed that wesellcrypto is exchanging bitcoin now...sometimes they run out for a couple of days...You can buy bitcoin with paypal using wesellcrypto, its pretty alright.
    Dont coinbase and circle require bank verification And an uploaded photo ID though?.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    virwox, some fees but reliable. lol@ those bitcoin atms, jedi banks and financial groups trying to take away the anonymity and obfuscation of btc transfers, the entire fucking reason people use them
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    lol@ those bitcoin atms, jedi banks and financial groups trying to take away the anonymity and obfuscation of btc transfers, the entire fucking reason people use them

I think some accept cash.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I wasn't referring just to the ATMs; I haven't heard much of it in a while but two years or so ago there were a lot of banks and... venture capitalists? trying to buy into bitcoin, but they didn't like the inherent risk so they were essentially buying up BTC and logging the transactions themselves, binding blockchain entries to known account numbers and the like.

they kept proposing changes to the BTC network to 'regulate' it, but never quite seemed to understand how or why it worked.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Real OG BTC game niggas have supercomputers mining for them in great big datacenters up in space.
    Dont coinbase and circle require bank verification And an uploaded photo ID though?.

Yeah, so what? Banks are now requiring photo ID to do the LBC bank deposit thing, too. So what if you have to show ID? just transfer the bitcoin into an electrum wallet and then move it to another electrum wallet. Or else tumble them if you are that paranoid.
    Yeah, so what? Banks are now requiring photo ID to do the LBC bank deposit thing, too. So what if you have to show ID? just transfer the bitcoin into an electrum wallet and then move it to another electrum wallet. Or else tumble them if you are that paranoid.

I don't like giving up my ID if I don't need to. I have never had to use my ID on LBC but it did make me link a phone number, email and Facebook for a higher level verification but it was all fake creds years ago.
    Its not LBC that's doing it, its banks. Most banks are requiring that you show an ID when depositing cash into other peoples' accounts now.
    Its not LBC that's doing it, its banks. Most banks are requiring that you show an ID when depositing cash into other peoples' accounts now.

I've always sent it through PayPal.
    The atm didn't work out... fee's a rip off anyway... So I mailed in the cash. Simple no bullshit method
    ngalo1983 Yung Blood
    Use someone else's information to create yourself a local bitcoin wallet and verify information. Now create a western union account online using same identity. Go to local bitcoin and pick option with "western union online transfers. Pay them online using western union transfers in minutes. The seller will receive funds online within 1 minute and you get your bitcoins in less than 5 minutes.
    6 days and nothing yet.

^ Actually I just got it today
    ^ Actually I just got it today

"My bitcoin just came in the mail" lol
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Fake ID seems like your best bet. Or something like ngalo said.

Couldn't you buy a Vanilla Visa with cash, register the Zip Code online, and then use an online Bitcoin site the buy Bitcoin? I've never bought Bitcoin, but it seems like you'd be best of selling something for Bitcoin rather than paying cash for them.

Also, do these Bitcoin ATM also dispense cash for Bitcoin, or are they just for buying?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Also, do these Bitcoin ATM also dispense cash for Bitcoin, or are they just for buying?

From what I understand, some allow both exchanges, while others only allow you to purchase.

Jump to Top