User Controls

🧪🧪Scrawny~Superlab🧪🧪

Everyone post your penises for the member list

15 grams mandelic acid (0.1 mol) [5], 2.07g KI (6.25% of theory), and 6g Red Phosphorous is dissolved in a solution of 70ml phosphoric acid and 10 ml of water, and this solution is refluxed for six hours (bp of soln 144°C). After the reaction mixture has cooled down, a little water is added to dissolve precipitated inorganic salts. The solution is extracted with ether, and the pooled extracts washed with a little dilute NaHSO3, followed by water, and is then dried over Na2SO4. The ether is removed under diminished pressure and the residue is distilled (bp 138-139 @13mmHg). The yield is 12.5 grams (90%) of phenylacetic acid melting at 76°C. 3.2 grams of phosphorous could be recovered from the aqueous solution.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Lmao
    Cly African Astronaut [foredate your moneyless friar's-cowl]
    subbed
    i DO like niggers in fact i love them. Call me a nigger lover all you want
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    *cooks meth wrong*
    Whoa calm down no illegal chemistry in my safe space. Everything here is above board for experimental research only

Benzaldehyde is interesting to me because the typical way is to react it with nitroethane to get p2p but you can also use it to brew ephedrine
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Chemistry's a thing I've been interested in but don't really have an aptitude for, and I have a hard time reading through the basics
    It took me years to understand the basics, all I ever learned in school were molar calculations and atomic weights.

This book has some pretty useful and tips info like proper technique for greasing joints and stoppers.

https://files.shroomery.org/cms/5175703-Zubrick-OrganicChemistryLaboratorySurvivalManual2NdEd.pdf

This is also one of my favorite books, I wish I knew about this when I was a kid, modern chemistry sets are lame as fuck and just give you baking soda and vinegar.

http://index-of.co.uk/Tutorials-2/Golden%20Book%20of%20Chemistry%20Experiments.pdf

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top