User Controls

Burner App, for Burner Phone Numbers, for Job Reference

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I've always just used physical burner phones($5 TracFones +$20 monthly service) for my job references when getting a job(I actually did this for my current job). Usually I like to put down on the application that the person is a supervisor from one of my previous jobs, just to make it look like I had a professional relationship with someone in management and that I trust that person to speak highly of myself.

This time, I am considering using an app that I got that actually allows phone numbers to be purchased for short amount of times(although longer time frames are less expensive). The numbers can be chosen based on zip code which means that I can make it seem that it's someone that lives near the place that I worked at. I've used this app in the past for verifying accounts and it worked great, but I don't want it to some how fuck me out of a job.

I far too socially awkward to actually get someone to be a reference for me, so these two ways are my best option. This app would make it all a bit more organized and less expensive(I would save at least $50 a month, which isn't a lot, but I currently work in retail).

The question I am trying to ask is, how likely am I to be caught by the employer doing something like this?
Jump to Top