User Controls

Poll: wariat

i don’t understand the people who go to the woods or shooting ranges and not train

a lot of them say they came to sight in a gun or unboxing/ testing a new piece or just plinking or some shit and claim this is the reason. this makes no sense to me. i do it all the time. like tonight i went to sight in a rifle and trained up later and ate two wraps at the end of the night as well.

p.s. this was a clone thread.
    Its kinda hard for some folks to find a spot, an outdoor range is almost an hour away.
    Only time I got to really train is through professional training and dry firing.
    There is a local IDPA club... should check them out.
    Originally posted by Chiropractic Crack Its kinda hard for some folks to find a spot, an outdoor range is almost an hour away.
    Only time I got to really train is through professional training and dry firing.
    There is a local IDPA club… should check them out.

I signed up for the pistol league at my local range.
    Pulled out the OWB holster:
    www.crossbreedholsters.com/holsters/outside-the-waistband/snapslide-owb-holster.html

Kinda hated it as drawing kinda tugs on the holster pulling the belt a bit.
    Think this goes away over time if I remember first getting my IWB, guess start carrying that for a while?
    Might just stick with IWB as im already so familiar with that.
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    Originally posted by soapy sausage real men dont use guns.

make love, not war.

get out.

now
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    I would never go to an indoor shooting range, so much lead in the air. I tend to blow stuff up and smoke weed while firing guns anyway.
    Originally posted by soapy sausage how much lead is in the air, exactly?

Probably enough.

Indoor do suck, very loud and expensive too, range masters also hyper as it is many first time.
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by soapy sausage how much lead is in the air, exactly?

youre an idiot.

Too much. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5379568/

Seriously finny, you may not be "affected" by things like lead, but a lot of people are.

EDIT: I want to try bismuth/solid copper custom rounds some day, that's probably "idiotic" to a lot of people who couldn't fathom why I wouldn't huff gasoline or enjoy being coated with a fine lead dust every time I'm firing a weapon.
    Originally posted by soapy sausage probably you have no clue what youre talking about. you have no idea.

I know exactly what im talking about, I can tell you also partake in the special paint chips.
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    Originally posted by soapy sausage ill whip it out and you can show me how good you make love

present them
    Originally posted by Chiropractic Crack Probably enough.

Indoor do suck, very loud and expensive too, range masters also hyper as it is many first time.

The range I go to is run by bros, but then again I've been going there for 8 years, so they know me.

As far as lead, they have some air filtration system. The system malfunctioned once, and they closed off range entrance until fixed.
    Originally posted by soapy sausage chips are for amateurs.

i guarantee ive sparked off more rounds down range and melted more lead into ingots in the last month than everyone else on this site combined has in their entire lives. zero lead in blood test.

You ever experiment with putting putting steel/tungsten cores in your homemade ammo? Assuming you made the ingots into ammo that is.
    Originally posted by soapy sausage ive embedded carbide drill-bit blanks into 12ga foster and sabot slugs…using a carefully aligned drill press on a drill-press vise and also a few on a commercial lathe. the drill press method was a billion times easier. ive never had a need to do it into rifle rounds. there are several metal high-voltage transmission line towers somewhere with neat little 1/4" holes through them.

the ingots are melted down (cast) into el-cheapo plinking rounds for pistols with minimal quality control and also .50 rounds with a little more attention to the alloy/temperature castings because of how ass-rapingly expensive commercial .50 rounds cost. the 'decent' home made bullets for pistols i make are from lead wire swaged into a copper jacket, like the old style 'cup-and-core' rounds. realistically when time and component costs are factored together there is little to no savings in making 'decent' pistol bullets compared to buying commercial versions. i just do it for the shits and giggles. home-made lead bullets with no jackets are borderline cost-effective compared to the equivalent commercial version if the lead is free.

for precision rounds i use strictly commercial components.

I wonder how one would go about putting a nicely concentric core in a homemade pistol or rifle bullet, preferably with a copper jacket.

I remember when reloading used to be cost effective, but today it seems like its only worth it if you whip up things that you can't buy.
    Originally posted by Chiropractic Crack Pulled out the OWB holster:
    www.crossbreedholsters.com/holsters/outside-the-waistband/snapslide-owb-holster.html

Kinda hated it as drawing kinda tugs on the holster pulling the belt a bit.
    Think this goes away over time if I remember first getting my IWB, guess start carrying that for a while?
    Might just stick with IWB as im already so familiar with that.

Missed this comment.

IWB is where its at for me, and I intend on doing the pistol league with the IWB as well, with a jacket over it. Same way as I carry it. I'm not in the league to compete, but to practice dynamic shooting without having to drive all the way out to the woods and bringing/ setting up a bunch of shit.

I only have one kydex holster, so I can't comment on that. But I will say that a good belt makes a big difference. I like the 5.11 trainer belts, they are sturdy enough to where I can carry a full size all steel pistol without the belt sagging/ bowing down; it makes the weight disappear. Maybe a sturdier belt will do a better job at keeping your holster in place.
    Originally posted by vergitarianvore the main use i have for them is letting people who come with me shooting use so they dont waste my good shit.

sounds like a cheap friend.

i bet you serve visitors cheap alcohols too.
    Originally posted by vergitarianvore ive given up trying to find a belt/holster combo that will be anything less than annoying when trying to move at a speed above a slow jog…and thats after trying almost every major type of open-carry holster.

the best ive found is a high-mounted (almost to hip) safariland with a thigh strap attached to a HSGI padded belt. (the one in my avatar.) its annoying to run with but once it shifts to a running position it stays and doesnt constantly change its own position like smaller 2-ish inch belts do.

mount it on your back like a ninja sword.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by v­eganvore ill hire a minion to carry it around for me using their asshole as a holster.

how to apply ?
    The range I go to is an indoor one. “Rapid fire” is not allowed, you have to wait at least 1 full second before shooting again. They don’t let you do draw drills either
    Yeah so all the morons don’t accidentally shoot their own dicks off. When I lived in Vegas I’d just drive way out in the desert to shoot. Don’t have that option here, and the nearest outdoor range is like 30 miles away
    bigthink victim of incest
    ngl im pretty jealous of America when it comes to firewrms. I cream my khakis every time I think about a p90.

I've only shot a gun once and it was awesome. i was about 11yo? spent an afternoon shooting a .330 (not s8ure if that was the right name)
Jump to Top