User Controls

Dead Matter

  1. #1
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Zombie survival game that is set in post-apocalyptic Alberta, Canada!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  2. #2
    Octavian victim of incest
    Shit.
  3. #3
    Fecal matter more like.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  4. #4
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Octavian Shit.

    What are you talking about this shit is the bomb.
  5. #5
    Octavian victim of incest
    Graphics are wank.
  6. #6
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Octavian Graphics are wank.

    Looks better than dayz, also this game won't be finished development for awhile, what you see is an early rough version of what the game will be.

    You dumb wanker.
  7. #7
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Current gameplay starts at about 14 minutes in.
  8. #8
    Octavian victim of incest
    Waiting for Nemesis.
  9. #9
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Never heard of that.

    In the gameplay dude goes inside a building and turns on a light, then blocks the windows up with newspapers so people can't see him cause of the fishbowl effect.
  10. #10
    Octavian victim of incest
    Originally posted by Obbe Never heard of that.

    Res Evil 3???
  11. #11
    the man who put it in my hood Dark Matter (banned)
    Lmao it's the perfect setting because ITS ALREADY A WASTELAND
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  12. #12
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Lmao it's the perfect setting because ITS ALREADY A WASTELAND

    Biggest settlement will be canmore, that area isn't so bad.
  13. #13
    Sudo Space Nigga [my hereto riemannian peach]
    This game will suck as much as Alberta unless Banff is included and youre stuck in that hotel and the zombies are all coming down the mountains.

    Also 8th Ave in Calgary features both the walking dead (fake business type people) and the sitting dead (natives bumming change and bottles)
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  14. #14
    netstat Houston
    Alberta Canada seems like a shitty place. Glad I've never been there myself.
  15. #15
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    All the best games take place in shitty places.
  16. #16
    Sudo Space Nigga [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by Obbe All the best games take place in shitty places.

    This is not true at all. I'm not the biggest video game player but no developer is going to say "lets set it in a really unnappealing place." The world the games exist in is extremely important and you are going to buy this game because you live in Alberta. I just think of GTA and Hyrule and just cause and red faction and silent hill all taking place in cool places, not a flyover Canadian province people only go to for the higher standard of living (because oil) then move back home with nice trucks. Remove the higher standard of living and you've just got a flat patch of nothing
  17. #17
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Sudo This is not true at all. I'm not the biggest video game player but no developer is going to say "lets set it in a really unnappealing place." The world the games exist in is extremely important and you are going to buy this game because you live in Alberta. I just think of GTA and Hyrule and just cause and red faction and silent hill all taking place in cool places, not a flyover Canadian province people only go to for the higher standard of living (because oil) then move back home with nice trucks. Remove the higher standard of living and you've just got a flat patch of nothing

    The area around canmore is appealing. If you actually watched the gameplay and thought the setting was a flat patch of nothing you might need some glasses. During some sort of zombie catastrophe the struggle of surviving a rural woodsy area like that seems appealing for a game. All the best games have something to struggle with, otherwose they would be boring.
  18. #18
    Sudo Space Nigga [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by Obbe The area around canmore is appealing. If you actually watched the gameplay and thought the setting was a flat patch of nothing you might need some glasses. During some sort of zombie catastrophe the struggle of surviving a rural woodsy area like that seems appealing for a game. All the best games have something to struggle with, otherwose they would be boring.



    The video quality is almost as grainy as the game you're espousing. I watched a bit of the gameplay and there was a lot of basic textures inside and the outside woodsy stuff could be ok in small doses. Like I said I'm not a huge video game fan but the only zombie survival game I found appealing was set in a tropical climate and had varying terrains. Alberta is a flat patch of nothing BY EVERYONES ESTIMATION. It's like setting a video game in Wyoming, if you take away the culture there's nothing to it, hence why an interesting and interactive natural environment would make it a more engaging game.

    Who knows really, it might be a good game, it might not and although I don't play video games, I'll probably encourage someone I know to buy it so I can see what it's like. I don't live in Alberta like you do though. I guess Peace River might not be a terrible setting either as long as you can light the pipelines up and the native zombies congregate to gas stations
  19. #19
    ORACLE African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Fecal matter more like.

    Lol I literally clicked on the thread to post this.
  20. #20
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Sudo

    The video quality is almost as grainy as the game you're espousing. I watched a bit of the gameplay and there was a lot of basic textures inside and the outside woodsy stuff could be ok in small doses. Like I said I'm not a huge video game fan but the only zombie survival game I found appealing was set in a tropical climate and had varying terrains. Alberta is a flat patch of nothing BY EVERYONES ESTIMATION. It's like setting a video game in Wyoming, if you take away the culture there's nothing to it, hence why an interesting and interactive natural environment would make it a more engaging game.

    Who knows really, it might be a good game, it might not and although I don't play video games, I'll probably encourage someone I know to buy it so I can see what it's like. I don't live in Alberta like you do though. I guess Peace River might not be a terrible setting either as long as you can light the pipelines up and the native zombies congregate to gas stations

    You could watch the gameplay already posted, if you did I doubt you would think it's shit just because it's set in Albert's. It looks like a really detailed survival game, like a new and improved DayZ. I'm pretty sure you're just being sour because you're a toxic person and haven't even watched any gameplay.
Jump to Top