User Controls

Ideas for homebrew wines?

Chronic Yung Blood
    In the past I've made everything from banana/walnut to cherry/lime, various meads, etc. I need some new ideas! What are some fruit-based wine combinations you think would be delicious?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    How hard was it to homebrew mead? I've had mead a few times before it it was some tasty shit. The one time I tried homebrew booze was when I was like 13 and mixed sugar, water and yeast in gallon jugs under the stairs. Produced alcohol of course but it was hard to drink enough to get drunk without throwing up.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Also I like alcohol with a sour taste. Whiskey sours are my favorite drink but a non-citrus sour would be an interesting taste too, I don't know how you do it but like the sour flavor you get from sourdough but in booze. I'd pay for that shit for sho
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Lan Lan, and anyone else that's interested, I suppose, you simply must try this. I've mentioned GHB before and it would be a good project, you could end up with homebrewed alcohol plus something special. Extremely simple:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16543488/fpart/1/vc/1

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16543499/fpart/1/vc/1

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17597863/fpart/1/vc/1

Why GHB is excellent: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3srHQPi9-05aGI0VENPbk9sRzQ
    LiquidIce Houston
    Plum wine. I've never made it, but I've drank it at a buncha asian places and it's amazing.
    Shodan Yung Blood
    Started making wine yesterday from some black mulberries I've been hoarding. Also threw in some other berries I've found through foraging... blackberries, elderberries, partridgeberries, and wild strawberries. This is the first time I've made wine from scratch, instead of just using store-bought welches grape juice.
    will be posting a first time plum wine making thread when they ripen later this summer! :)
    Chronic Yung Blood
    Started making wine yesterday from some black mulberries I've been hoarding. Also threw in some other berries I've found through foraging… blackberries, elderberries, partridgeberries, and wild strawberries. This is the first time I've made wine from scratch, instead of just using store-bought welches grape juice.

Were you the one posting about mulberry jam over at redfern?
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    will be posting a first time plum wine making thread when they ripen later this summer! :)

[FONT=Roboto]HOLY IRISH HIPSTER WANKERS BATMAN, THAT SOUNDS GOOD![/FONT]
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    find a plant that looks like this

It's delicious
    apple juice, sugar, yeast and some strawberrys
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    I've been drinking some homemade crabapple liquor. It's delicious.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Make one that tastes like asparagus and mouse fur.
    Hewfil1 Houston
    I've been drinking some homemade crabapple liquor. It's delicious.

I had some cranberry and apple soaked in grain alcohol over the weekend. It was pretty beastly.
    I wanna make some hard cider. I'm gonna use a gallon of apple cider, how much sugar do I add? 1 cup?
    Shodan Yung Blood
    Gathered over a kilo of autumn-olives and wild black cherries. Already made kompot, now I'm thinking of making some wine. Anyone have experience making autumnberry or cherry wine?
    Hewfil1 Houston
    I wanna make some hard cider. I'm gonna use a gallon of apple cider, how much sugar do I add? 1 cup?

I have two apple trees in my backyard, just add sugar and yeast. Ours produced it's own, but your's wont.
    Hewfil1 Houston
    Gathered over a kilo of autumn-olives and wild black cherries. Already made kompot, now I'm thinking of making some wine. Anyone have experience making autumnberry or cherry wine?

I have two sour cherry trees, ours fermented on it's own after leaving the juice set in the fridge for quite some time. When we do it this year, I'll tell you how we did.
Jump to Top