User Controls

So a roving band of internet bandits has been trying to recruit me.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Or so it would seem. I don't trust it. Ever had a situation like this? In dealings with them my opsec has been pretty solid so that's not the problem.

Also, and i don't mean to bragpost, i was in a short lived group with a couple of ex-UGNazi people, which was fun but doomed to fail, but this is a group who are in it for financial reasons. And well. I do like money...
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I know those guys! Join up man, you have a unique voice! :)

http://www.bandofbandits.com/
    You think i should? I do a have a beautiful baritone.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I know you do. I wish I had a private vocaroo of you serenading me.

As far as your actual question, are you just stroking your e-dick? Why wouldn't you join them, especially if they will pay you? What kind of money are we talking here?
    I know you do. I wish I had a private vocaroo of you serenading me.

As far as your actual question, are you just stroking your e-dick? Why wouldn't you join them, especially if they will pay you? What kind of money are we talking here?

Well for one, i fear the van, and doing time in a federal prison depending on what type of activities they would have me participate in. So that would obviously be a con. As of yet i am unsure what kind of role they are looking to fill, all i know is they would like me to join up and that there will be money to be had for everyone involved.

In the great game, if they are serious, this could be considered the natural evolution of my career in "the scene". I will need to know more details from their end as well before i make any commitments, the thing with groups is that they tend to get arrested, at least, the high-profile hacktivist ones. But this is a tier up from that.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Hmmm. Well, I'm sure the tech-krew will have much better input than I could possibly have. Obviously the risk factor would and should be the main factor. Like if a bunch of 'professional' bank robbers came to me and asked me to join them in some big heist, at first thought I'd be thinking "well yeah!" but then I'd start second guessing myself for reasons as you indicated- I just REALLY, REALLY don't want to ever fucking go back to prison. I'd like to know more about who I was working with, their track record, their FAILURES (if any) and then I could make an informed decision based on the payout offered.
    Hmmm. Well, I'm sure the tech-krew will have much better input than I could possibly have. Obviously the risk factor would and should be the main factor. Like if a bunch of 'professional' bank robbers came to me and asked me to join them in some big heist, at first thought I'd be thinking "well yeah!" but then I'd start second guessing myself for reasons as you indicated- I just REALLY, REALLY don't want to ever fucking go back to prison. I'd like to know more about who I was working with, their track record, their FAILURES (if any) and then I could make an informed decision based on the payout offered.

Exactly, plus if the would be bank robbers came to you because they heard you are the best bank robber in town that would speak volumes on how they judge themselves. So if you have any reservations about your skills as bank robber and they think you are the greatest bank robber out there and this is why you should team up well, then obviously they have the ambition but lack the skill as group to make for a successful endeavour. And the group should very well be avoided.
    Exactly, plus if the would be bank robbers came to you because they heard you are the best bank robber in town that would speak volumes on how they judge themselves. So if you have any reservations about your skills as bank robber and they think you are the greatest bank robber out there and this is why you should team up well, then obviously they have the ambition but lack the skill as group to make for a successful endeavour. And the group should very well be avoided.

Perhaps this is your answer if it is reflective of your situation.
    Perhaps this is your answer if it is reflective of your situation.

Like i said, talks have been preliminary. I'll be in contact with their guy soon we will see, but i have my reservations.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    I'm currently reading a book called, "Kingpin: How one hacker took over the billion-dollar cybercrime underground." I'm about halfway through it, but the main guy has already been busted a few times for low-level stuff, and (spoiler alert) he does get busted royally at the end.

It's about this guy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Butler

Max Ray Vision[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px] (formerly [/SIZE][/FONT]Max Ray Butler[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px], alias [/SIZE][/FONT]Iceman[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px]) is a former computer security consultant[/SIZE][/FONT][1][FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px]and hacker who is currently serving a 13 year prison sentence, the second longest sentence ever given for hacking charges in the United States of America. He was convicted of two counts of wire fraud, including [/SIZE][/FONT]stealing nearly 2 million credit card numbers[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px] and running up about $86 million in fraudulent charges.[/SIZE][/FONT][2]

Just ask yourself if it's worth it. If it is, then go for it.
    I'm currently reading a book called, "Kingpin: How one hacker took over the billion-dollar cybercrime underground." I'm about halfway through it, but the main guy has already been busted a few times for low-level stuff, and (spoiler alert) he does get busted royally at the end.

Max Ray Vision[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px] (formerly [/SIZE][/FONT]Max Ray Butler[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px], alias [/SIZE][/FONT]Iceman[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px]) is a former computer security consultant[/SIZE][/FONT][1][FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px]and hacker who is currently serving a 13 year prison sentence, the second longest sentence ever given for hacking charges in the United States of America. He was convicted of two counts of wire fraud, including [/SIZE][/FONT]stealing nearly 2 million credit card numbers[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=16px] and running up about $86 million in fraudulent charges.[/SIZE][/FONT][2]

Lol, well i wasn't planning on getting involved with creditcard fraud anyway. It's not my cup of tea.
    Reinvest the money karmatically and you will be impervious on all fronts.
    AFJ Houston
    they have the ambition but lack the skill as group to make for a successful endeavour.
    This should be the reason not to...

Because all it takes is for one to fuck up on something that garnished a lot of attention, and make eyes start turning his/their way.
    Next thing you know...
    Well for one, i fear the van

I wouldn't want that to happen to ya bro

Man, i love reading out the old boys who got busted. Read quite a bit of Mitnick (probably rather redunant for this group) back in the day but it was highly enlightening. And its real fucking funny imo how once they get out of prison they either get a real nice gig doing programming or cash in on the opsec and just get paid to hack peoples shit.

Don't do it. Let someone else be the fodder for whatever purpose they're trying to serve. It's not worth the anxiety of getting caught, money comes and goes. You've got a life to live, kiddies to fiddle, etc.
    HushPuppy Yung Blood
    Getting involved with a group always feels like a bad idea when you are involved with illegal activities. Something you may also consider is that if they, or you as a group get caught, it likely will bring about your extracurricular activities. It is possible that it won't, but certainly something to consider and prepare for in the event you do choose to join this group. Even if you avoid getting caught, it only takes for someone to squeal while under pressure. Know well with who you choose to participate in illegal activities with.

How long have you been in contact with this group? How did they find you? What in particular was it that drew them to you or who suggested you to them? Did you do, or brag about a particular act(s) that piqued their curiosity? You may be dealing with a set up, similar to how law enforcement agencies will set up a sting. I have no doubt, that if you truly have gained some popularity with your computer science skills and your association with shady areas of the internet and subjects you study, that it would be possible that you are dealing with a trap being set. Notice I said "Possible", but even if this is not the scenario, it would be wise to learn more about this group before you get into something over your head. Why do they need you? What exactly do they expect you to bring to the table that they, themselves, cannot do? Is it possible to execute these crimes solo? What level of benefit is there to being a collective in this pursuit, and does the math add up for it to be practical?

I'd like you to answer, for the sake of my curiosity, some of the questions that would cause you no trouble in disclosing, but I asked these questions mainly to be rhetorical. Examine all the answers you have for the questions here to help you decide what course you should take. How we socialize with individuals will sometimes cloud their true agenda, also leading us to dismiss important questions such as these.

Being that you have asked this group of degenerates for advice in the navigation of this matter, and considering that you are a person with high intellect and social skills that surpass most of the user base here, it is my assumption that you have already made your mind up, and this was simply posted to stroke your e-cock, and possibly to talk yourself into consorting with these individuals. I imagine that you had a gut reflex when this was brought about, but greed and desire to flex your skills is what has your intuition hung up here. I believe it would be wise to go with your intuition on this one, considering the risk involved.
    Hey look you handler posted in the thread ^&
    kiddies to fiddle, etc.

Of course, how could i forget.
    Hey look you handler posted in the thread ^&

Lol no. HushPuppy is a friend and makes some valid points.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    My advice in to not do the crime if you can't do the time. Also, I had always thought you were a white hat hacker. From the way yiu word it all, it seems to me as if you really don't want to commit crimes.
Jump to Top