User Controls

Pushups

  1. #1
    What's better when approaching muscle failure, widen hands or go to knees?
  2. #2
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    do u have the rabdo yet because you will when were done with you

    now start pushin, boy
  3. #3
    tee hee hee Space Nigga [slangily complete this slumberer]
    I can do 12 boy push ups!!!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  4. #4
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by High School Janitor What's better when approaching muscle failure, widen hands or go to knees?

    Learn proper form and don't change it. Just increase the amount of reps and sets daily if you can. Add body weight. Your functional upper body strength will dramatically improve.
  5. #5
    Word
  6. #6
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 Add body weight. Your functional upper body strength will dramatically improve.

    This is just plain false. No wonder it comes from a faggot that needed steroids. We discussed this to death on totse, bodyweight exercises will NOT add any more fucking strength once you go past a certain number of reps, fuckin retard

    Unless you're saying become a huge blob of jello, then no, it will fucking not. "more reps = more strength" LMAO fucking moron


    EDIT: you'll gain endurance by increasing the number of reps you can do, but no more strength will be gained. If your body weight increased quite a bit, it's only going to be more difficult to do the same number of reps, but once you get back to 10 or more being comfortable, you stop gaining strength. larry is a fucking retard that doesn't know shit, don't listen to him
  7. #7
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Kuntzschutz This is just plain false. No wonder it comes from a faggot that needed steroids. We discussed this to death on totse, bodyweight exercises will NOT add any more fucking strength once you go past a certain number of reps, fuckin retard

    Unless you're saying become a huge blob of jello, then no, it will fucking not. "more reps = more strength" LMAO fucking moron


    EDIT: you'll gain endurance by increasing the number of reps you can do, but no more strength will be gained. If your body weight increased quite a bit, it's only going to be more difficult to do the same number of reps, but once you get back to 10 or more being comfortable, you stop gaining strength. larry is a fucking retard that doesn't know shit, don't listen to him

    ADD bodyweight- weight vest.


    Thank you.
  8. #8
    iam_asiam68 African Astronaut
    do both pushups and pull ups. works different muscles in the same area. that is how you strengthen.
  9. #9
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 Learn proper form and don't change it. Just increase the amount of reps and sets daily if you can. Add body weight. Your functional upper body strength will dramatically improve.

    So for "we'reallbrownnosers" I'll be more clear. Buy pushup bars that will allow you to get more range as you come down on your pushup. Buy a weight vest. Slowly add more reps to each set and total sets daily. As you get solid, start wearing the weight vest with lowest weight. Slowly add more weight on to the vest. Consume protein. You will grow and get stronger.

    Thank you.
  10. #10
    Tango mike
  11. #11
    stl1 African Astronaut
    I was hoping for some good "Stopsemfrumfloppin" pics.
  12. #12
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 So for "we'reallbrownnosers" I'll be more clear. Buy pushup bars that will allow you to get more range as you come down on your pushup. Buy a weight vest. Slowly add more reps to each set and total sets daily. As you get solid, start wearing the weight vest with lowest weight. Slowly add more weight on to the vest. Consume protein. You will grow and get stronger.

    Thank you.

    Pushup bars aren't a bad idea, but a weight vest? lmao

    You can only add so much weight to one of those before you stop noticing much difference. They're usually about 40 lbs.

    If you want to get better at pushups, you'll get better at pushups, not stronger. Muscle consumes oxygen, once you go past around 10 reps like I said, it's more for endurance. Strength is not equal to endurance.

    Ever meet any military people or ex cons that can do shitloads of pushups? They don't tend to be very big. It's more to do with what type of pushups you're doing. Try diamond pushups, and try doing them slower with the correct form. When you're being tested, you're going to be doing them quickly, and a lot of people half-ass it and don't go all the way down but the person testing doesn't always care. Military pushups are harder because you have to keep your head/neck up. The slower ones come in handy for building endurance.

    It's not as simple as "add more muscle"

    If you want strength, bodyweight exercises aren't the worst way to do it, but regular pushups will do very little to add strength. They're more for maintenance. If you never do anything, you'll atrophy, so by doing pushups, you maintain a certain level of strength and endurance. If you don't do them for a long time, you'll notice they become difficult, not necessarily because you lost muscle though, moreso because strength is over 80% neurological and it has to do with "muscle memory"

    EDIT: weight vests have a lot of good uses, but getting better at pushups isn't really one of those
  13. #13
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Kuntzschutz Pushup bars aren't a bad idea, but a weight vest? lmao

    You can only add so much weight to one of those before you stop noticing much difference. They're usually about 40 lbs.

    If you want to get better at pushups, you'll get better at pushups, not stronger. Muscle consumes oxygen, once you go past around 10 reps like I said, it's more for endurance. Strength is not equal to endurance.

    Ever meet any military people or ex cons that can do shitloads of pushups? They don't tend to be very big. It's more to do with what type of pushups you're doing. Try diamond pushups, and try doing them slower with the correct form. When you're being tested, you're going to be doing them quickly, and a lot of people half-ass it and don't go all the way down but the person testing doesn't always care. Military pushups are harder because you have to keep your head/neck up. The slower ones come in handy for building endurance.

    It's not as simple as "add more muscle"

    If you want strength, bodyweight exercises aren't the worst way to do it, but regular pushups will do very little to add strength. They're more for maintenance. If you never do anything, you'll atrophy, so by doing pushups, you maintain a certain level of strength and endurance. If you don't do them for a long time, you'll notice they become difficult, not necessarily because you lost muscle though, moreso because strength is over 80% neurological and it has to do with "muscle memory"

    EDIT: weight vests have a lot of good uses, but getting better at pushups isn't really one of those

    Bro I guarantee you've never tried what I said. You can get weight vests over 100 pounds. And the military doesn't use them cat daddy.
  14. #14
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 Bro I guarantee you've never tried what I said. You can get weight vests over 100 pounds. And the military doesn't use them cat daddy.

    Because it's mental retardation and not worth trying. I never said the military uses weight vests, you have reading comprehension problems as well? I've used weight vests, and I have in fact used them while doing pushups, not for the retarded reason you suggested. You are a grade A moron and you need to learn some basic physiology before you continue attempting to pollute this forum with nonsense.

    If you want to put 100 lbs on your back, there's a fuckton of ways of doing that, but it isn't going to magically make you better at pushups like this retard is suggesting
  15. #15
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    Lol you said you can usually only add around up to 40 lbs with a weight vest and you were wrong.

    I never claimed you'd look like Arnold with this method. Notice I mentioned functional upper body strength. You will grow and get noticeably stronger. Try it sometime bro. You'll thank me.
  16. #16
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 Lol you said you can usually only add around up to 40 lbs with a weight vest and you were wrong.
    Again, you've got some serious reading comprehension problems. I said they're usually 40 lbs. (technically I'm not wrong at all, and they go quite a bit past 100 lbs depending on what you're doing(lmao nobody is using that for pushups though retard)
    But it doesn't matter what capacity they have, it's a moronic retarded idea from a retard that doesn't understand physiology and therefore had to resort to steroids. No one should take your advice.
  17. #17
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    You're arguing with me about starting with your own bodyweight then working your way up to doing pushups with over 100 extra lbs of weight, saying you won't get bigger and add strength. You're wrong bub.
  18. #18
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 You're arguing with me about starting with your own bodyweight then working your way up to doing pushups with over 100 extra lbs of weight, saying you won't get bigger and add strength. You're wrong bub.

    I'm telling your retarded ass that strength and endurance aren't the same thing, moron.
  19. #19
    larrylegend8383 African Astronaut
    Your schizo ass is doing exactly what I said bro bro

    Nobody said going from 10 pushups to 100 with just bodyweight will make you huge ya lil cocksucker.

    More pushups with steadily increased weight while consuming the proper amount of protein will make you bigger and stronger. I'm not sure how you're not understanding this simple concept.
  20. #20
    Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 More pushups with steadily increased weight while consuming the proper amount of protein will make you bigger and stronger. I'm not sure how you're not understanding this simple concept.

    lol that doesn't answer the question you dumb wannabe-special sack of worthless shit, it's not going to make you better at pushups. He didn't ask to be bigger and stronger, and if that were the question, everyone knows pushups arean't the fucking answer to that.
Jump to Top