User Controls

Why do snowstorms make the news?

Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    It's wintertime, it happens.
    The weather channel has even taken to “naming” winter storms
    Oh yeah I saw that, this one is Jacob I think? It to absolve insurance companies so as to thrust it on FEMA.
    The government has nothing to do with it, the weather channel, as a private entity, has taken upon itself to name storms in order to drum up viewership through fear mongering
    Call your insurance company and get referred to FEMA
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by Erekshun It's wintertime, it happens.

It's important for people to know when bad weather is coming.
    Technologist victim of incest
    OP,
    Are you really this ignorant? Did ya ever think there are other people on this earth besides you? These storms can kill people if they’re not prepared. Umm, people travel and need to know. I don’t know why on earth this needs explained to you. Put it this way. Let’s not have the weather man tell you the next time a hurricane is barreling towards you! Capiche?
    cigreting Dark Matter
    op must live where it doesnt snow

i do agree that its retarded to name storms
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    this thread is ignant
    Always have capable tires in your car along with a shovel, food, flashlight, spare parts, fluids, etc. Snow is no longer a problem if you drive a vehicle with a capable AWD (you should).

Know that, should you be in a really bad mood, a knocked out adversary can die if knocked out in the snow and not discovered in time. The cold winter will add to our power.

Still not a bad idea to know when this weather comes IF it is not common in your area.
    netstat African Astronaut
    edited for privacy
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Always have capable tires in your car along with a shovel, food, flashlight, spare parts, fluids, etc. Snow is no longer a problem if you drive a vehicle with a capable AWD (you should).

Know that, should you be in a really bad mood, a knocked out adversary can die if knocked out in the snow and not discovered in time. The cold winter will add to our power.

Still not a bad idea to know when this weather comes IF it is not common in your area.

This is really overkill if you live anywhere at least moderately populated. You don't need a fucking bugout bag to drive in the snow. Don't you live in California after living in Texas or some shit? Lol.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    These morons will sensationalize ANYTHING to make clicks. Remember when that nutcase Shepard Smith on Fox News was literally telling everyone on air live that "people are going to die... YOU are going to die" when the hurricane came? He actually said that. He told his viewers they were going to die. Not maybe. As a fact.
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace It's important for people to know when bad weather is coming.

Of course but it doesn't snow here, it's not anything I need to know.
    Same reason people say directly to you "It's cold out today isn't it" or "What a lovely day" or "It's rainy isn't it"...when you're right there too...
    Newfoundland just got six feet of snow, enough to completely bury all the cars and the doors and windows on the houses, also knocking out their power lines. A real shit show.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Snow? In my Canadia?
    Newfoundland..

Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace This is really overkill if you live anywhere at least moderately populated. You don't need a fucking bugout bag to drive in the snow. Don't you live in California after living in Texas or some shit? Lol.

Has nothing to do with snow.

Do you keep a fire extinguisher in your car? What about something to cut a seat belt with?

What you gonna do if your car rips a hose? Panic and call for help?
Jump to Top